New Xbox 360 120gb Elite Spring Bundle Halo 3: ODST and Forza 3

kart007k

CAGiversary!
forzaodstbundle_78447_screen.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6253003.html

Amazon Link.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Elit..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1267823632&sr=8-1

is the any chance the $30 bonus for new hardware @ GS holds up pass 3/14 or when this xb is released! I have about $50 in credit @ GS & with an extra $120 I could end up paying about $140 for a new system, 120 hdd, new warranty, & 2 above average games. Sounds pretty good.

[quote name='dapunisure']is the any chance the $30 bonus for new hardware @ GS holds up pass 3/14 or when this xb is released! I have about $50 in credit @ GS & with an extra $120 I could end up paying about $140 for a new system, 120 hdd, new warranty, & 2 above average games. Sounds pretty good.[/QUOTE]

You could just do what I did. Use the promo to buy an elite, but keep it sealed. Whenever your GS gets it just exchange it.

[quote name='UberSwiss']You could just do what I did. Use the promo to buy an elite, but keep it sealed. Whenever your GS gets it just exchange it.[/QUOTE]

I thought about that but my wii game library isn't any where near af fun as my 360's right now(ordered ps3 frm dell but won't arrive till 3/26) & I am having loads of fun alternating between team death match on mw2 & rush on bc2. Ppl need to seriously stop taking certain games' sides & just enjoy 'em all!

[quote name='fr33l33']Just recieved mine from amazon.
All 4 discs came in one case. With the F3 art on the front and ODST art on the back.[/QUOTE]

Mystery solved. Now to drop the money.

Thanks
fr33l33!

[quote name='fr33l33']Just recieved mine from amazon.
All 4 discs came in one case. With the F3 art on the front and ODST art on the back.[/QUOTE]

Very nice. I wonder how much these will go for used at GS. Though I don't see as many people trading these bundled games in as much as the previous ones.

[quote name='KueMan10']Very nice. I wonder how much these will go for used at GS. Though I don't see as many people trading these bundled games in as much as the previous ones.[/QUOTE]

If the discs don't have some special marking indicating the games were from a bundle I would imagine they would just split them up for resale.

[quote name='UberSwiss']If the discs don't have some special marking indicating the games were from a bundle I would imagine they would just split them up for resale.[/QUOTE]

That would really stink. Though hopefully it would drive down used prices in some sense.

[quote name='KueMan10']That would really stink. Though hopefully it would drive down used prices in some sense.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I'm not too sure about that. I'm curious, mainly because I never saw the Fable/Halo bundle, if they split those games up and provided a small markdown.

Just called a GameStop to see if they got these in stock. At first, apparently it was only Microsoft exclusive. I then mentioned it is on the GameStop website. He then referred to it as the "mature" bundle and they won't be selling it to minors. I asked when they should be receiving some in and he responded by saying probably the middle of May when Super Mario Galaxy 2 comes out.

Edit: Just called another GameStop and they are expecting them mid-April. WTF?!?!?!

I returned a lego/pure bundle last week to buy this newer 360. I don't know if it's just my ears but the fans and drive seem louder on this machine. Has anyone else who upgraded noticed this too?

I've been calling 4 surrounding GS stores and no one knows. Only one store bothered to check. The others kept arguing that I was talking about the splinter cell bundle. I hate gs

[quote name='Monsta Mack']That is a damn awesome bundle.

I wonder what Sony will do? Wii now comes with Wii Sports Resort and Wii Sports (atleast at Wal-Mart in the foreseeable future) and now this MS? I guess Sony will stick to their "Well no one bought our console when it was more expensive, now that It's $299.99 we don't need to throw in games. Oh and It's in short supply."[/QUOTE]

Continue building a console that doesnt experience total hardware failure on average every 1.5 years.
Dont want to be a jerk but most people I know wont touch the 360 hardware with a ten foot pole no matter how good the bundle, and in many peoples eyes with good reason.

[quote name='duncan36']Continue building a console that doesnt experience total hardware failure on average every 1.5 years.
Dont want to be a jerk but most people I know wont touch the 360 hardware with a ten foot pole no matter how good the bundle, and in many peoples eyes with good reason.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 fan boy has spoken.

[quote name='padlok']I've been calling 4 surrounding GS stores and no one knows. Only one store bothered to check. The others kept arguing that I was talking about the splinter cell bundle. I hate gs[/QUOTE]

The only thing that upsets me is people's unwillingness to look. One lady I talked to looked in her system to see if she was expecting a shipment of them, which they are.

As for the PS3 "fanboyism," please keep it out of this thread. I realize you weren't being rude about it, but your message still indicated PS3 reigning supreme. If that's your opinion, you're completely entitled to it, but this thread has nothing to do with Sony. I own all three systems and really don't favor any, they're all great. I admit that I've gotten RROD, but that was after two years and Microsoft got it back to me within three weeks. I've also had my PS3 slim replaced within three weeks of opening it. My unit kept shorting out my room, but as soon as I got a replacement, that problem was solved.

[quote name='lobitoh']I wonder what is a better way to get rid of the games :S
trade it or selling it at ebay??[/QUOTE]

ebay.

[quote name='lobitoh']I wonder what is a better way to get rid of the games :S
trade it or selling it at ebay??[/QUOTE]

TIV at GS is $15 and $16....so ebay/craigslist would be the way to go.

[quote name='flagg1216']One of my local GS stores just got some of the bundles in today![/QUOTE]

I find that somewhat surprising, but that's awesome. Where are you located?

I was told on Wednesday to try on Friday (so I just did) and he said that they were expected no later than the Sunday the 14th, but they could come in tomorrow.

I just got mine yesterday, had pre-ordered on Amazon. Played Forza 3 for 3 hours last night. Great bundle, i'm happy with the purchase.

[quote name='entaius']Gamestop @Shore Drive, Virginia Beach has them. Forgive the poor image quality, I can't find my camera...

031210205609_01.jpg

031210205520_01.jpg

031210205454_01.jpg

031210205241.jpg
[/QUOTE]

....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can also verify it is indeed a Jasper chipset. No Valhalla for us yet... I expect it to be around Natal's release.

I know what I will be buying/returning for my copy of Lost Odessy.... Why couldn't they use that type of case instead of the awful stack method.

Damn that is a nice bundle/package.

Picked one up today. (Chicago suburbs) for $175 by trading in my old Arcade, and Guitar Hero Metallica.

Now I just need to find a cheap data transfer kit so I can use the 120gig.

I'm running out off space on my 20GB HDD and I'm actually thinking about picking this up as opposed to buying a 120HDD and transfer cable. Is that a smart move?

A genuine 60GB HDD goes for around $40-50 on eBay. It's the perfect amount of space in my opinion. I have 4 games and all the FPS map pack installed on it, and still have space to work with.

The hard drive transfer cable has been knocked off by the Chinese. Apparently the fake ones have a lot of problems. On top of that it's bad to support the Chinese.

So, I just logged into xbox.com after upgrading from a 20GB to 60GB drive and pulled up my download history and queued up my map packs to re-download. Just watched a DVD during the time my 5GB of map packs were re-downloading on to the new drive. It's the sure thing.

[quote name='moosdad']I'm running out off space on my 20GB HDD and I'm actually thinking about picking this up as opposed to buying a 120HDD and transfer cable. Is that a smart move?[/QUOTE]

If you're in the market for a 120gb HD, ODST, and Forza 3... otherwise you're prolly just better off getting the HD. Heads up to anyone that doesn't know: Elite systems no longer come with transfer kits, so you gotta go through Microsoft to get it for $20 shipped.

[quote name='entaius']I can also verify it is indeed a Jasper chipset. No Valhalla for us yet... I expect it to be around Natal's release.[/QUOTE]

Could you or someone else please explain the chipset stuff to me? Is this what causes the RROD?

I'm just wondering because I have a 360 with a 20GB HDD from Jan. 07 and am finally going to get rid of it for this one. I've had numerous problems with it including disc drive problems, RROD, and E-74 errors. I then remember people always wanting to get an elite manufactored after a specific date because it had a different kind of chip. I guess what I'm try to ask is could someone please explain the advantages between the one my 07 console has and the one this one has....along with the one coming out around natal's release.

Please and Thank You!

I only owned a falcon elite (which just got set to repairs :bomb:) for less than a year and a half

basically the chip design was causing too much heating that the fans would be on blast and the system would overheat. revisions to the chips basically made them smaller so less heat would be outputted, thus less likely to overheat.

the Jaspers have the smallest chips for the cpu and gpu. the supposed "valhalla" design will have a single chip that combines the cpu/gpu processes which will hopefully reduce heat output even further

Finally picked one up today. Came out to about $110 afte I traded in mine($120 w/bonus towards hardware), 2 wireless controllers on wed. (w/coupon about $38), & mw2 along with a wii wheel. I'm just pretty bummed it came with a freakin av cable. Seriously, I mean why do sony & microsoft brag about the hi-def graphics yet they offer standard def cables??? Utterly ridiculous! Even my launch 360 came with component cables.

[quote name='dapunisure']I'm just pretty bummed it came with a freakin av cable. Seriously, I mean why do sony & microsoft brag about the hi-def graphics yet they offer standard def cables??? Utterly ridiculous! Even my launch 360 came with component cables.[/QUOTE]
it's called cutting costs, which helped drop the price of the system $100 from what it went for a year ago...

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']Does the Modern Warfare 2 Xbox 360 have the latest chip?

If you install games on the HD isn't less like the Xbox 360 will overheat?[/QUOTE]

All of the "Newest" Xbox 360s have Jasper - I think.

And there haven't been any documented tests or anything, but it makes logical sense to me. Even if it doesn't use less energy, it certainly is quieter.

[quote name='Gfresh404']And when people say they traded their stuff in for this bundle, are they referring to Amazon or Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

I went through Gamestop because of the extra $30 when trading a console toward a new one.

[quote name='Robotuner']I went through Gamestop because of the extra $30 when trading a console toward a new one.[/QUOTE]

I thought this was exclusive to Amazon - at least for a while. Do all Gamestop's have this bundle?

[quote name='Gfresh404']Ya you're right - I just called all 3 of the Gamestop's within my area - none of them have them yet.

Too bad the extra $ 30 hardware trade-in will be gone after today. I wonder if they would accept a pre-order towards a new console...[/QUOTE]

If you want to take advantage of the $30 just trade in to get a regular Elite and keep it sealed until your local GS gets them in. I suspect all GS's will have them by Wednesday.

[quote name='UberSwiss']If you want to take advantage of the $30 just trade in to get a regular Elite and keep it sealed until your local GS gets them in. I suspect all GS's will have them by Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

The GS's in my area are saying Wednesday.

bread's done
Back