*New* Xbox 360 AfterGlow Controllers-$30

Only wired versions? How are they really responsive, did they fix the d-pad while they were putting the leds inside?

In%20The%20Ghetto%20Single.jpg

[quote name='striker199']Only wired versions? How are they really responsive, did they fix the d-pad while they were putting the leds inside?[/QUOTE]

all third party controllers are wired. MS refused to license out wireless controller.

Yea it sucks that theyre only wired but thats only cause theyre not official Microsoft controllers so they had to change something...also, the guide button isnt rounded and doesnt come out like in the regular controller

[quote name='makoissac']If you click and scroll down, it shows that people who bought this "item" also bought Forza Motorsport 3. LAWL.[/QUOTE]

BAHAHAHA, Forza + plus homemade dildos = one happy man?

[quote name='striker199']Only wired versions? How are they really responsive, did they fix the d-pad while they were putting the leds inside?[/QUOTE]

I prefer wired over wireless anyday.

If it was wireless all those lights will drain the batteries.

[quote name='King Royalty']I prefer wired over wireless anyday.

If it was wireless all those lights will drain the batteries.[/QUOTE]

truer words have never been spoken.

I sure hope those suckers are wired, or you're going to need plenty of battery power on hand!
That was my first thought when I read the title.

There are official wireless controllers out there for just a few dollars more. I'd rather play it safe than sorry.

those controllers look pretty ugly to me. It's not like I'm gonna be staring down at the lights while I play a game anyway. I much rather spend $28.04 for the official white wireless 360 controller or $27.82 for the black one on Amazon. Not for me but someone else will find it useful, thanks OP

What exactly isn't as responsive on your official 360 controller?

Something smells fishy about this thread, almost a glowing red herring. Please give full disclosure if you have a vested interest in this product/company.

You sure these are not official? I saw these in GS yesterday and could've swore I saw an 'officially licensed for Xbox 360' MS logo.

[quote name='62t']all third party controllers are wired. MS refused to license out wireless controller.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, so how is the Tekken 6 fight stick wireless then?

[quote name='SteveChiller']Hmmm, so how is the Tekken 6 fight stick wireless then?[/QUOTE]

Peripherals get the ok (arcade sticks, guitar controllers), but not standard controllers.

[quote name='Vinny']Peripherals get the ok (arcade sticks, guitar controllers), but not standard controllers.[/QUOTE]

ah, I see, I forgot about he guitars too.

[quote name='Psybuster']I guess by "not official" people really mean 3rd party then?[/QUOTE]

yes. The only "not official" are the one that got datel in a lawsuit with MS

[quote name='mr_bungle']You sure these are not official? I saw these in GS yesterday and could've swore I saw an 'officially licensed for Xbox 360' MS logo.[/QUOTE]

I was at a Best Buy on friday and saw these. I did see an officially licensed ms product graphic on the box. They do look a bit smaller than the regular 360 controllers (note, I am comparing them in their original packaging which is a plastic see thru box).

I almost prefer wired controllers. Wireless is nice, but it's also nice not having your battery die in the middle of a game or constantly having to turn it on and off to watch DVDs.

If im gonna buy a wired controller, it's gotta be the Razer Onza. Have any of yall seen it? Thanks to the OP for the deal anyway.

i'm in for one... Needed some wired controllers for play-testing for our game anyway... I'll let you know how they are on wednesday when i get mine in.

I was thinking of picking up one of the wii ones greens my favorite color and could use a spare wii controller. already have 12 xbox controllers or would pick up one

[quote name='mr_bungle']You sure these are not official? I saw these in GS yesterday and could've swore I saw an 'officially licensed for Xbox 360' MS logo.[/QUOTE]
All controllers need to be officially licensed to be sold at retail stores, but that is not the same thing as made by Microsoft. To be wireless they need to be made by Microsoft, not licensed.

[quote name='Kerig']What exactly isn't as responsive on your official 360 controller?

Something smells fishy about this thread, almost a glowing red herring. Please give full disclosure if you have a vested interest in this product/company.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. I've had a 360 since launch and never ever thought that my wireless controller wasn't responsive enough. I suppose lights in my controller would be cool if I was 12.

a controller that glows sounds like it would get very annoying, especially with nighttime gaming

This looks cool, but i see this becoming annoying really quickly. It's wired, and those lights can be bothersome during gaming nights.

BTW, what's so unresponsive about the official wireless controller?

He never said these controllers were more responsive than the microsoft controllers nor did he say the microsoft controllers were unresponsive. He said that these controllers are "really responsive". Thats it. If anything, he is trying to say that these controllers are of equal quality to the microsoft controllers.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']I sure hope those suckers are wired, or you're going to need plenty of battery power on hand!
That was my first thought when I read the title.

There are official wireless controllers out there for just a few dollars more. I'd rather play it safe than sorry.[/QUOTE]

The official wireless controllers are actually cheaper by a couple of dollars on Amazon. I don't know. It seems kind of obscene that a third-party wired controller would cost more than a first-party wireless controller.

[quote name='meta460085']I would bite if I knew that the D-Pad was superior. I need a 360 controller with good D-Pad.[/QUOTE]

I can't vouch for this myself, but everyone who's ever wanted a better D-pad has gone with the (official) Limited Edition Red 360 wireless controller. Stories conclude that any 1st party 360 controller with a black D-pad as opposed to the normal gray is a bit better in the D-pad dept.

You can get a red one w/play&charge kit at Amazon for $34.54 shipped. The prices on 360 controllers have been fluctuating almost daily for the past 2 months, but this is the cheapest the red has been for quite some time.

I'm looking for more colors of replacement housing for 360 wireless controllers. So far, I've only seen orange, pink, blue, light blue, and black. Example: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.31949 (Edit: just read the reviews and saw that those shells are just spray painted. I guess I could just spray it myself!)
I want two shades of purple (NOT magenta, hate seeing that color) and a deep forest green (NOT puke). Not sure why they went through the effort of making pink, blue and black colors before exploring other colors because those have already been done. The orange and light blue are tempting choices, but I like my reds and blacks better.

These controllers are officially licensed by Microsoft, that's why they can look so similar to the official controllers. Any third party can make a wireless controller but the license fee is too high for them to make any profit. This is why the only third party wireless controllers are expensive guitars and drums.

[quote name='Kerig']I can't vouch for this myself, but everyone who's ever wanted a better D-pad has gone with the (official) Limited Edition Red 360 wireless controller. Stories conclude that any 1st party 360 controller with a black D-pad as opposed to the normal gray is a bit better in the D-pad dept.

You can get a red one w/play&charge kit at Amazon for $34.54 shipped. The prices on 360 controllers have been fluctuating almost daily for the past 2 months, but this is the cheapest the red has been for quite some time.[/QUOTE]

I own the red controller and the dpad isnt any different. The only controller that has the improved dpad was the green controller that was available in Europe

lack of wireless kills it.

just buy a 10$ kit and you're set, heck just leave the wire in after that.

only concern really is how unhealthy are them wirless signals to the human body . i read that natural cures book just for fun and the guy was like you should wear a special neckless to ward off evil radio signals and not to use microwaves to heat your food, which because i read that stuff i got to do now.s better safe than sorry:( hehe

"I care not what my controller looks like so long as it allows me to kill my enemy." - my ex gf (until I told her, well what if it lit up with pink LEDs?)

The light up wii mote is hot though, i'll pass on all the other ones.

Why is it wired? - aside from legal reasons or whatevas...the lights would kill the battery life fo'sho. I play with the Play and Charge kit on most of the time anyway so it doesn't really matter.

These are ugly - Unless it was a Rufus street fighter controller, I could careless what it looked like. The product encourages you to play in the dark so you can enjoy the lights and damage your eyes further. You won't be looking at your controller and you are, you'll give the other team more headshots.

Those commercials had really bad acting...but the girls were cute.

I never understood why 3rd party manufacturers couldn't make a wireless controller for the 360 with a USB dongle like earlier PS3 controllers.

How's the precision and deadzone of the analog sticks?

Are these controllers actually any good? IGN gave them like a 9/10.

[quote name='ieatpoptarts']He never said these controllers were more responsive than the microsoft controllers nor did he say the microsoft controllers were unresponsive. He said that these controllers are "really responsive". Thats it. If anything, he is trying to say that these controllers are of equal quality to the microsoft controllers.[/QUOTE]

Thats actually exactly what i was trying to say, thanks. And I would actually get these but the problem is that I really do not need any more 360 controllers so I might just wait it out until one breaks or something.

[quote name='Kerig']I can't vouch for this myself, but everyone who's ever wanted a better D-pad has gone with the (official) Limited Edition Red 360 wireless controller. Stories conclude that any 1st party 360 controller with a black D-pad as opposed to the normal gray is a bit better in the D-pad dept.

You can get a red one w/play&charge kit at Amazon for $34.54 shipped. The prices on 360 controllers have been fluctuating almost daily for the past 2 months, but this is the cheapest the red has been for quite some time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='62t']I own the red controller and the dpad isnt any different. The only controller that has the improved dpad was the green controller that was available in Europe[/QUOTE]

See, this is interesting. Most of my gaming is d-pad related (I modded a couple of my controllers). I got a red controller late in the game, and its d-pad is significantly better. Perhaps the first round had the standard bad d-pad, and then they fixed it later? And why not just fix it on ALL OF THEM?

bread's done
Back