New Xbox 360 in 2010? Balmer says so?

mtxbass1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/42919/118/

[quote name='"the article"']
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer spoke at The Executive’s Club of Chicago today, discussing “the role of innovation in changing economic times.” TG Daily covered the event live from the Hilton Chicago. During his speech he addressed many economic issues, and touched on the importance of innovation. However, it was his Xbox announcement which has our publication excited.

Rumors can be confirmed, as Ballmer stated openly during a speech on the recession to those in attendance at the Executives Club in Chicago, a new Xbox 360 will hit the store shelves in 2010.

ballmer_450.jpg

The new device will be equipped with technology that is “really, really, close” to an actuality. The console, which was described as having a “natural interface,” will have a built in camera with the ability to recognize movement and voice.

With no official release, those were all of the details that were shared.
[/quote]

Didn't see this posted. Possible natal pack in?

I'm thinking this will end up being Natal packed on with a bigger harddrive. that's about it. I can't think of anything else upgraded?

I'm putting my money on smaller 360 type remix. There is no way they would release a whole new console this soon. It would be a disaster

[quote name='slickkill77']I'm putting my money on smaller 360 type remix. There is no way they would release a whole new console this soon. It would be a disaster[/QUOTE]
although it'll probably be an upgraded 360 coming out ala DSi, it will be 5 years now

Seeing as how it says that he was talking about a "new Xbox 360," it's obvious that he was referring to a new 360 SKU, most certainly with the Natal bundled in.

If he was talking about an all-new system, the successor to the 360, then he wouldn't have called it a "new Xbox 360."

Yeah, it sounds like a NATAL bundle at minimum. I will guess that there will be another chipset change which may or may not entail a slimmer design, and probably a larger storage option, although streaming seems to be the direction they are really going.

Didn't Kim say the 360 is on a 10 year life Span? If anything It's Natal built in. Though I'm sure if it was "beefed up" as some rumors say, that could piss off quite a bit people performance wise. Is that even possible?

No that would be me saying your emo and have Lupus :D But your avatar is one seriously ugly chick and is nothing compared to my handsome Hugh Laurie.

lol @ damage control

[quote name='VipFREAK'].

I like House too...[/QUOTE]

Nice save.

In for a Valhalla bundled with Natal and a bad case parkinsons so I can flail around like Michael J Fox in Street Fighter V for 100 hit combos. [/bad joke]

[quote name='Monsta Mack']

In for a Valhalla bundled with Natal and a bad case parkinsons so I can flail around like Michael J FoxMuhammed Ali in Street Fighter Fight Night V for 100 hit combos. [/bad joke][/QUOTE]

Don't forget Fight Night 5.;)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Though I'm sure if it was "beefed up" as some rumors say, that could piss off quite a bit people performance wise. Is that even possible?[/QUOTE]

Would never happen.

Even if this was an all new console(I have my doubts), the 360 will have already survived 1 year longer than the original Xbox.

I am guessing the new bundle will be a direct competitor to the Wii. So I am guessing around $200-$300 for a new slim Xbox 360 (with maybe a Wi-Fi adapter bundled or built in), with a bit more internal flash memory, Natal, and some type of Natal game included.

I am also expecting Microsoft to market this new Xbox 360 the way Nintendo did the Wii. They will advertise it in places where video games are not usually advertised.

[quote name='ananag112']I am guessing the new bundle will be a direct competitor to the Wii. So I am guessing around $200-$300 for a new slim Xbox 360 (with maybe a Wi-Fi adapter bundled or built in), with a bit more internal flash memory, Natal, and some type of Natal game included.

I am also expecting Microsoft to market this new Xbox 360 the way Nintendo did the Wii. They will advertise it in places where video games are not usually advertised.[/QUOTE]

If they're packing all that into a bundle along with other improvements, I somehow doubt it will be at the price point you suggested. Maybe $300, but I can't see it being lower, and the Wii will probably be $200 by then.

[quote name='bvharris']If they're packing all that into a bundle along with other improvements, I somehow doubt it will be at the price point you suggested. Maybe $300, but I can't see it being lower, and the Wii will probably be $200 by then.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft has been making a profit on the 360 for quite some time. I think Microsoft will even be willing to take a loss on the console as long as they get decent sales and expand their market share.

bread's done
Back