New XBox 360 Pro (60GB) @ Sellout.Woot.Com-$229.99+$5 shipping

you might as well get it rather than wait for the 300 elite UNLESS you will be filling up all 60 gigs..

Beaten to the topic, wrote it up but refreshed to check and saw this.

The deal is impressive and woot is highly reliable. Maybe a sign of what might come in future extremely lucky bags of crap during a wootoff.

Speaking of the $300 elites, I saw on Engadget that stores are starting to stock elites in new packaging (white box with only arcade and elite listed under the comparison chart). I'm guessing these may be Jasper units

The upcoming Elites won't be including HDMI or Component video cables, so other than the extra space, the current Pro is actually a better value. Not much point in spending an extra $65 just for an extra 60GB and losing the $40 component cable in the process.

I got my Xbox 60GB Pro when Target had the $50 GC deal so no console for me, but I'm in for the rechargeable batteries....oh and I also recommend this over the upcoming Elites, Edge makes a valid point

[quote name='Edge']The upcoming Elites won't be including HDMI or Component video cables, so other than the extra space, the current Pro is actually a better value. Not much point in spending an extra $65 just for an extra 60GB and losing the $40 component cable in the process.[/QUOTE]

I was about to post this. If you're just hooking it up through straight HDMI, the new Elite is a good deal, but if you're going component, 60GB may be all you need.

[quote name='Araxen']HDMI cables are $10..[/QUOTE]

Unless you need to use optical audio while you're hooked up through HDMI on the Xbox 360, in which case you have to buy the $50 HDMI kit for the Xbox 360 which includes the audio adaptor. Although come to think of it you might get lucky and find one used at Gamestop.

[quote name='Edge']Unless you need to use optical audio while you're hooked up through HDMI on the Xbox 360, in which case you have to buy the $50 HDMI kit for the Xbox 360 which includes the audio adaptor. Although come to think of it you might get lucky and find one used at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Ok I may be missing something here, but why in the heck would you need to use optical audio while hooked up through HDMI considering HDMI carries audio?

[quote name='Fors78']Ok I may be missing something here, but why in the heck would you need to use optical audio while hooked up through HDMI considering HDMI carries audio?[/QUOTE]

My AV receiver doesn't take HDMI inputs. Optical goes into my receiver while HDMI goes straight into the plasma.

[quote name='Fors78']Ok I may be missing something here, but why in the heck would you need to use optical audio while hooked up through HDMI considering HDMI carries audio?[/QUOTE]

Most recievers don't have HDMI ports, you still need optical or coaxial for surround sound. Also if you're running the Xbox 360 to a monitor with an HDMI-DVI cable, you'll need the audio adaptor to get any audio at all.

[quote name='Edge']Unless you need to use optical audio while you're hooked up through HDMI on the Xbox 360, in which case you have to buy the $50 HDMI kit for the Xbox 360 which includes the audio adaptor. Although come to think of it you might get lucky and find one used at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

1473305444_e9a000bf7e_o.gif

Unfortunately that won't work on the new Elites since they don't come with A/V cables that have an optical output on it. You'll still need to buy the component A/V cable or the HDMI audio adaptor.

Not a bad deal. $35 more, $55 if you bought it from Amazon, than the Arcade version. Only thing is ... are these Jaspers?
If I didn't already get one, I might ... depending on the question.

[quote name='ti33ii']Not a bad deal. $35 more, $55 if you bought it from Amazon, than the Arcade version. Only thing is ... are these Jaspers?
If I didn't already get one, I might ... depending on the question.[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that all 60GB models are indeed Jaspers.

[quote name='mkelehan']I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that all 60GB models are indeed Jaspers.[/QUOTE]
No, not at all. Go look at the Dell threads where they're "100% Guaranteed" Jaspers.

[quote name='Edge']The upcoming Elites won't be including HDMI or Component video cables, so other than the extra space, the current Pro is actually a better value. Not much point in spending an extra $65 just for an extra 60GB and losing the $40 component cable in the process.[/QUOTE]

Based on the price of a HDMI cable from monoprice and the fact I wouldn't use the component cable... I'd rather have the bigger hard drive.

[quote name='onapartyrock']Based on the price of a HDMI cable from monoprice and the fact I wouldn't use the component cable... I'd rather have the bigger hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If people are complaining about having to pay 5 bucks for a HDMI cable, they need to rethink if they can afford the Elite.

[quote name='lllGurulll']NICE. I wasn't aware they were finally making the cheap versions specifically for it now. Thanks for that post.[/QUOTE]

me neither. i dont need the hdmi cable though. Does this really work well?

bread's done
Back