New Xbox 360 S Bundle and Kinect Pricing

poker360

Banned
**All kinect games will be priced @ $49.99**

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/kinect/Default.aspx?loc=homeflash1

Before someone says "This is MSRP" , these bundles and stuff may be hard to get, especially the new xbox 360 $299 bundle with kinect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Xbox 360 Kinect 4GB Console Bundle includes the following items: (Also includes the Wireless N Adapter built in, 360 is matte finish)

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-4GB-...f=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&s=aps&qid=1279650920&sr=8-1 - $299
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=020056&loc=ntlarcade -- $299
4812480548_4d85908edc.jpg

• Xbox 360 4GB S Console
  • Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360
  • Kinect Adventures game - rated “E” for Everyone
  • Xbox 360 Black Wireless Controller
  • Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable (standard definition)
  • One Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
  • 1 year limited warranty on console
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox 360® 4GB Console includes: (Also includes the Wireless N Adapter built in)

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=020060&loc=ntlelite -- $199

• Xbox 360 4GB S Console
  • Xbox 360 Black Wireless Controller
  • Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable (standard definition)
  • One Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
  • 1 year limited warranty on console

Kinect will come with Kinect Adventures @ $149

http://www.amazon.com/Kinect-Sensor..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279650920&sr=8-2
4812480628_9133d3ff90.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=020055&loc=ntlalone

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yarkitty123']I'm dumb because I find the humor in the 360 Slim riding the Kinect like it's a bucking bronco? :lol:

I said a side-by-side would have been fine, regardless of how it's actually supposed to sit, because the 360 "surfin' USA" on the Kinect is unintentional comedy gold and a side-by-side wouldn't look as ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree. I was joking.

I'm not buying into Move or Kinect. I'm saving my money for the next generation of consoles that will probably arrive in 2012. What's the point in buying hardware that will only be supported for 2 years (and that's if you're lucky!)? It would be like buying the original Xbox at launch but instead of having a 4 year life cycle, it would have a 2 year life. I would have to start visiting Dumb Ass Gamer if I bought into these new motion controls. In 2012 all the consoles will have motion controls so don't buy into the "beta".

[quote name='ZForce915']If the modded hard drive is detected the console can be banned from xbox live. Which I believe effectively would ruin the warranty.[/QUOTE]
Except there is no way for the average buyer to know if the HDD they got off ebay or used at gamestop. So far MS hasnt done any banning for modded harddrive

dunno why everyone here is calling this hole thing a piece of trash that is a gimmick.

look at the wii. enough said

[quote name='poker360']dunno why everyone here is calling this hole thing a piece of trash that is a gimmick.

look at the wii. enough said[/QUOTE]

Thats the point. Just buy a Wii.

I'm thinking Kinect is going to sell very well, far better than Move. I've been predicting this before either were priced, i'm still sticking to it even after the price reveal.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Thats the point. Just buy a Wii.[/QUOTE]

lol... Sorry, nintendo launched the system with waggle. Yeah.. waggle. Kinect is far more advanced than a wagglemote.

[quote name='poker360']lol... Sorry, nintendo launched the system with waggle. Yeah.. waggle. Kinect is far more advanced than a wagglemote.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, in a lot of ways, it's more inaccurate. I played most of the games at E3 on the Kinect and while I conceptually love the idea of a controller-less motion control system, Kinect was just far too laggy and unable to recognize subtle movements. Some of the games cheated a bit to make it seem like you had more control than you did. Kinectimals in particular took advantage of the lag to make it seem like your animal friend was watching and reacting to you. I am hopeful that they will develop software or work on the hardware to eliminate the lag and inability to detect some motions, but honestly, I think this is just a product where the technology has not yet caught up with the mass market price point. Maybe Kinect will be great in its next iteration, but nothing I have seen to date indicates that this version will be more advanced than the Wii with Motion Plus or the Move (neither one of which is particularly advanced to begin with) or even worth $150.

[quote name='bojay1997']Unfortunately, in a lot of ways, it's more inaccurate. I played most of the games at E3 on the Kinect and while I conceptually love the idea of a controller-less motion control system, Kinect was just far too laggy and unable to recognize subtle movements. Some of the games cheated a bit to make it seem like you had more control than you did. Kinectimals in particular took advantage of the lag to make it seem like your animal friend was watching and reacting to you. I am hopeful that they will develop software or work on the hardware to eliminate the lag and inability to detect some motions, but honestly, I think this is just a product where the technology has not yet caught up with the mass market price point. Maybe Kinect will be great in its next iteration, but nothing I have seen to date indicates that this version will be more advanced than the Wii with Motion Plus or the Move (neither one of which is particularly advanced to begin with) or even worth $150.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it, but i know someone who has, and he said it worked, GREAT... and he was skeptical.

[quote name='cheezmaster']I want a 360 S 250GB console with kinect, but looks like I have to wait. Am I alone on this?[/QUOTE]

nope... i was waiting for the same thing

i'm pretty surprised at a lack of an elite+kinect bundle... seems like it would be an obvious bundle for people like me who are ps3/wii owners who have finally decided to get a 360, but not an arcade sku

[quote name='poker360']I haven't played it, but i know someone who has, and he said it worked, GREAT... and he was skeptical.[/QUOTE]

I could care less. I have played it, not only at E3, but several weeks ago at the Microsoft store in San Diego. No change between the two experiences. I'm also not alone in my criticism as Adam Sessler was on Attack of the Show today basically saying the same thing. For little kids, it might be great because they don't care about precision control or high speed experiences. For more experienced gamers, it's not going to be very enjoyable.

[quote name='bojay1997']I could care less. I have played it, not only at E3, but several weeks ago at the Microsoft store in San Diego. No change between the two experiences. I'm also not alone in my criticism as Adam Sessler was on Attack of the Show today basically saying the same thing. For little kids, it might be great because they don't care about precision control or high speed experiences. For more experienced gamers, it's not going to be very enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone want the Kinect or the Move anyway? They're both only good as ways to throw your money away. Expensive hardware that's doomed to failure. There will be few games made and the next gen of consoles will be out in what, two years anyway? I'm sorry but I've lived through the Sega Genesis and I'm not stupid enough to fall for these expensive add-on controllers (that's all they are).

By the way, I was playing Blur today with 18 players. Some guy actually asked if anyone had pre-ordered Move. There was no sound for roughly 5 seconds. He then asked, "Do you guys even know what it is?". A bunch of people replied they did and one guy said, "It's the Wii on the PS3. I'm not buying that shit". The question asker then replies, "Yeah but it's got better graphics and it's got Sorcery!". Again there was five seconds of silence.

Granted that's a straw man pole, I would tend to use that as evidence to support my claim that the Move (and Kinect) will fail.

Hmmm, I wonder who the MS fanboy is in the thread... I wonder.

This is very disappointing. I don't care about Kinect, but I was hoping for maybe a 60GB HDD. I'm not sure how much money MS makes from their overpriced HDDs, but I think it's incredibly short-sighted for them not to give this new 360S a sizeable HDD so they can make more moolah off DLC.

[quote name='aboveaveragewes']Hmmm, I wonder who the MS fanboy is in the thread... I wonder.

This is very disappointing. I don't care about Kinect, but I was hoping for maybe a 60GB HDD. I'm not sure how much money MS makes from their overpriced HDDs, but I think it's incredibly short-sighted for them not to give this new 360S a sizeable HDD so they can make more moolah off DLC.[/QUOTE]

The small hard drive is making me hold off on buying a new Xbox. 4GB just isnt enough. I like buying XBLA games too much to only have that kind of space.

Also a one year warranty for an Xbox makes me laugh.

[quote name='Remeard']Whoa, so they killed the 3 year warranty on this model?[/QUOTE]The 3-year warranty on the old system only covered the RROD and E79 errors. Anything else that was a failure, power supply, HDD, DVD drive, controller, etc, that was only covered under the 1-year warranty.

The new system removes the 3-year extension for E79 and RROD, the rest of it is the same as it was previously.

MS happily sells a 2-year warranty extension on the system for $60 + tax. As do retailers and their sales of the unit.

[quote name='bojay1997']I could care less. I have played it, not only at E3, but several weeks ago at the Microsoft store in San Diego. No change between the two experiences. I'm also not alone in my criticism as Adam Sessler was on Attack of the Show today basically saying the same thing. For little kids, it might be great because they don't care about precision control or high speed experiences. For more experienced gamers, it's not going to be very enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

I could care less your opinion too... woo..
Last time i thought i checked i thought this was cheapassgamer, not igiveashitaboutyouroppinionsopleasegiveitgamer

But really, if you don't give a shit about kinect, the why the hell are you in this thread.

If Kinect is more responsive than Wii then I think it would be pretty good, I don't play Wii but I bought one for my 8 year old sister and she enjoys it but she plays games like Indiana Jones and Cooking Mama so you get the gist.

I also have an arcade 360 that's about 2 to 3 years old and I'm noticing some frame rate drops in games so I'm concerned it may be the console itself.

But the 4GB disk is completely retarded, I have SD cards and thumb drives bigger than that.

[quote name='poker360']I could care less your opinion too... woo..
Last time i thought i checked i thought this was cheapassgamer, not igiveashitaboutyouroppinionsopleasegiveitgamer

But really, if you don't give a shit about kinect, the why the hell are you in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Because I actually thought you might have posted a deal here. Instead, you posted a bunch of MS fanboy rantings and a straight up MSRP listing for something that appears very overpriced. I own all three of the major consoles, but I'm objective enough to only support things that I have actually experienced and enjoyed instead of blindly supporting something I know nothing about. You're right, this is Cheapassgamer. This "bundle" is overpriced and not a deal or cheap. As such, it doesn't belong here. Take it to another site please.

[quote name='hustletron']Seems like CAG has a lot of wannabe volunteer mods........................[/QUOTE]

oh yeah? you think so?

[quote name='robpe36']oh yeah? you think so?[/QUOTE]

No one forced you to post in it and just cuz it's not a deal to you doesn't mean it couldn't be a deal to someone else who needs a new box and is interested in Kinect.

At any rate this would be an even better deal with they released another 20 gig version, I feel like 20 gig is the magic disk size as I haven't completely filled mine and when I get close to filling it, it's cuz I have old demos I need to delete.

[quote name='hustletron']No one forced you to post in it and just cuz it's not a deal to you doesn't mean it couldn't be a deal to someone else who needs a new box and is interested in Kinect.

At any rate this would be an even better deal with they released another 20 gig version, I feel like 20 gig is the magic disk size as I haven't completely filled mine and when I get close to filling it, it's cuz I have old demos I need to delete.[/QUOTE]

i concur

[quote name='hustletron']No one forced you to post in it and just cuz it's not a deal to you doesn't mean it couldn't be a deal to someone else who needs a new box and is interested in Kinect.

At any rate this would be an even better deal with they released another 20 gig version, I feel like 20 gig is the magic disk size as I haven't completely filled mine and when I get close to filling it, it's cuz I have old demos I need to delete.[/QUOTE]

Of coarse I'm not forced to post in this thread. Who the fuck said that was the problem? The problem is this thread existing in the first place. This is not a deal. Deals are when a retailer discounts a product, gives out a gift card with a purchase, or some kind of promotion. MSRP is available at all retailers all the time. We don't need fucking threads in the deals forum to tell us about MSRP.

I guess there whole use a 16gb flash drive is coming in handy since those can be gotten cheap. I'm going to wait till stores or the christmas holiday get the 250gb slim with kinect.

Seems better to just get the 4gig kinect bundle then just buy a 16gb flash drive (~$33).

I have a 60gb 360 now and I hardly use 10gigs on it. I dont really download movies or play music on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the new 250 GB slim and an arcade unit to another TV, it has become a pain for me to use the older 360 because I was so used to just popping the hard drive off and moving it upstairs for rock band lips ect parties.

as long as I can just pop the 250 GB drive out and put it in this new one I might actually think of trading in my fairly new arcade unit and doing this. I would figure I could get a little money for it at gamestop and a 60 GB hard drive.

My friend is very pro-Kinect, and I am very anti-Kinect (and do note that I'm doing it before it's "cool" to do it). I am anti-Kinect because I am of the mindset that the more you have to move around during a "game" the more chance you have of looking like an asshole. That and I hate this whole new-wave of motion-controlled stuff. The Wii is enough for me. I mean, I get winded just getting up to re-sync stuff, if I had to do a jumping jack on screen I'd probably trip and fall out a window... again.

Yet for some ungodly reason I want Kinectimals. The thought of telling a squirrel to go screw itself makes me happy.

Forget what I said about motion stuff. I'm getting this bundle. I'm going to catch all the Kinectimals.

[quote name='robpe36']Of coarse I'm not forced to post in this thread. Who the fuck said that was the problem? The problem is this thread existing in the first place. This is not a deal. Deals are when a retailer discounts a product, gives out a gift card with a purchase, or some kind of promotion. MSRP is available at all retailers all the time. We don't need fucking threads in the deals forum to tell us about MSRP.[/QUOTE]May not be a deal for you. :roll: I'm actually thinking of preordering the bundle.

[quote name='robpe36']Of coarse I'm not forced to post in this thread. Who the fuck said that was the problem? The problem is this thread existing in the first place. This is not a deal. Deals are when a retailer discounts a product, gives out a gift card with a purchase, or some kind of promotion. MSRP is available at all retailers all the time. We don't need fucking threads in the deals forum to tell us about MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Why must you raise your blood pressure over a thread? Some people take the internet as the most serious shit in their lives.

My kids really want Kinect so I guess I'll use that as my excuse to get one. Hopefully Gamestop does another trade-in deal (not likely) so I can trade in my old arcade and extra 20 Gig hard drive for the slim arcade bundle.

After thinking about it a while, the arcade seems like a great choice since I can get 16Gig USB memory for about $25. My Modern Warfare Xbox has the 250 Gig hard drive so I use that for my hard core gaming anyway.

[quote name='typical guy']I'm not buying into Move or Kinect. I'm saving my money for the next generation of consoles that will probably arrive in 2012. What's the point in buying hardware that will only be supported for 2 years (and that's if you're lucky!)? It would be like buying the original Xbox at launch but instead of having a 4 year life cycle, it would have a 2 year life. I would have to start visiting Dumb Ass Gamer if I bought into these new motion controls. In 2012 all the consoles will have motion controls so don't buy into the "beta".[/QUOTE]

I can't just let this fly. 2012? What are basing this on? The standard response has been that this generation of consoles will have a ten year life cycle, bringing a new xbox closer to 2015. If you think they can drop a new console on us in 2 years you're nuts.

Very smart move on Microsoft's part. As much as I hate to say it, I can see myself buying the 4gb unit without kinect for that price. It is reassuring for me to pay that much for a 360 that will remain reliable.

hey all, FWIW, i checked at my gamestop and they want 50 to preorder the 199 4 gb... which is wierd because i preordered the black wii for 25?

I was gonna put down 25 but i cant do 50 atm.. they will go pretty fast i bet! especially when the average ignorant consumer finds out it will be a matte finish.

ME WANTY!

[quote name='yorksj']It is reassuring for me to pay that much for a 360 that will remain reliable.[/QUOTE]

I love my 360 as much as the next guy, but what are you basing that statement on? The one and only way to find out if the 360S remains reliable is time.

I am real curious...

Does anyone know of any deal anywhere that comes close to what GS was doing w/ the old 360 system trade-in towards the new Slim?

The only way I would buy Kinect is if it was half this price (along with the games) and worked perfectly, and I see neither happening.

I literally think of this as a joke now. Way too overpriced, I will never buy it. I was not that excited to begin with.

bread's done
Back