New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']Apparently according to the Connect site, I think I'm in... no mail though.

We'll see.[/quote]

ur in if it says on the connect site :D

[quote name='zewone']I can't believe I didn't get in again. This is truly amazing.[/quote]

:( I'm happy I got in, but I'd give it away if I could. I'm patient. It's only a few days til the 19th. (I've already got the leaked version and the HDD install feature, which is what I was after. It will be nice to be back on-line again, though! Whether tomorrow or the 19th. Although it looks like it will be tomorrow.)

[quote name='KingBroly']Of course I didn't get in. I never get into stuff like this.[/quote]

Hey, come on! Don't be like that... Gotta have a positive attitude. Never say never, because your thoughts alter reality and make things so. Say, "I'm always lucky, and exactly the right thing for me is what constantly occurs!"

I personally have great luck, and I think it's because I believe I do.

[quote name='Justin42']Just got the email that I'm in, on the same day I requested a coffin for my 360 since the DVD drive phantom ejects for no apparent reason after 5-10 minutes of gameplay.[/quote]

Weird! There's one I've never had happen, thankfully. I wonder what causes that? Some kind of short on the eject function?

I think I've got warranty left for a red ring, but not for anything else.

[quote name='Corvin']Yea! I'm in the third wave. First thing I'm doing is snapping a photo to send to friends. :lol:[/quote]

*puts vision cam to use* :lol:

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so anyone have a netflix trial code? i wanna try the streaming[/quote]

I hate to be selfish, but I'd really like to try it, too. If it works well, I'm totally in for Netflix. (Although I also just subscribed to GameFly. Eek! Can I afford both while still maintaining my habits of grabbing bargains on games I want?)

[quote name='Nex Antonius']This is all so fucking confusing.[/quote]

Yes, rather. I know it's easy for me to say since I'm one of the many who were randomly selected, and I am not trying to rub it in for the many who were not randomly selected, but the best thing to do is just relax and realize it'll only be a few more days anyway. It's definitely not worth getting anxious over.

I'm happy to be getting it tomorrow, though; I don't mean to sound ungrateful.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just go to Netflix.com...you don't need a code from what i can see...they offer free trials to all.[/quote]

Ah, I didn't realize that! Will do. Thank you for the info!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Don't you automatically get a free month trial?[/quote]

nope
Your free 2-week Netflix membership will begin when you click on "Start Membership" during the registration process. Simply cancel anytime in your first 2 weeks, and you will not be charged.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh bummer...I wish I had codes to give out...I guess since I'm in a 30 month free trial I don't get any.[/quote]

dayumn 30 month free trial? I wish I could score that

[quote name='dastly75']dayumn 30 month free trial? I wish I could score that[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was promotion they were running in the month of Smarch. It ended on the 32nd though.

I know its a bit trivial but I would like them to be able to let us hook up a external HD to the system. Not in a saving capacity but rather as a media capacity. I always get some lag when I use Media Center or TVersity and just being able to plug in one of my HDs would be pretty sweet as it would save me a headache.

So has anyone who did not apply for the Major Nelson beta and only applied for the USA Today one received any email other then the one asking for the same info again from earlier today?

[quote name='Owen']So has anyone who did not apply for the Major Nelson beta and only applied for the USA Today one received any email other then the one asking for the same info again from earlier today?[/quote]

Nope. I'm in the same desperate, sinking boat as you.

I know the TiVo/netflix deal hasn't launched yet... but has anyone read if you can use the same netflix account on both xbox and TiVo?

And I will check tomorrow if I have any netflix trials to hand out... never gave any away so I'm guessing I do?

[quote name='Owen']With all these new open spots, they just seem like they are trying to lighten the load a little before the official release.[/quote]

There are over 14 million subscribers to Live. 14,250 spots isn't going to lighten shit. :)

~HotShotX

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I just got in to. Looks like everyone did.[/QUOTE]

Not quite everyone :p Still a few of us got to wait till the 19th heh heh. I didn't know about the USA Today till too late, but here I thought I would at least get in this 3rd wave. Oh well, just a few more days.

No 3rd wave email here, so looks like I'll have to wait for the USA Today thing. Said it before, I'll say it again, really wish I could have my 360 download it while I'm at work.

Didn't Cheapy say on the latest CAGcast that you could get a free trial by going to netflix.com/cagcast or something like that?

[quote name='Corvin']Didn't Cheapy say on the latest CAGcast that you could get a free trial by going to netflix.com/cagcast or something like that?[/quote]

Yeah, a 14-day trial for Netflix. I might try it, but...not something I'm entirely looking forward to.

I'm going to just call netflix directly and see what I can score from them....

bread's done
Back