New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

[quote name='ronaldhennessy']I wonder, if i get a new hard drive, will it still let me download the NXE preview?[/quote]
Yes. It's based on the console's serial number and ID, not anything on the hard drive.

[quote name='lanleague']USA Today has so far let me down....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think that sign up deal with them is a dead issue. I know I wasted 2 days on their message board to see if I got in.

I did get an email for Major's third wave though.:D

Ohh, time to sign in and check to see if the update is ready! :D

YEAH! Updating! :D :D

I asked this before and didn't pay attention but, Can some one send me a link for a Netflix free trial please?

[quote name='lanleague']Signed on and got it. Thanks USA Today![/quote]
Are you sure it's USA Today? Because i haven't gotten the update yet.

[quote name='SynGamer']Are you sure it's USA Today? Because i haven't gotten the update yet.[/QUOTE]

100% positive. It's the only one I entered.

[quote name='Draekon']Well, I got the invite email but I re-signed in/rebooted the console and it didn't update for me.[/quote]

Keep trying. I got the e-mail last night and only got the update just now.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']USATODAY or MS Connect?[/quote]

MS Connect as far as I know. I got into the third wave. Never heard anything from USA Today.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Keep trying. I got the e-mail last night and only got the update just now.[/quote]

Been, I'll try again a little later when I jump into Gears 2 co-op with a friend. Don't really want to spam online notifications to everybody on my friends list. :p

So this is a dumb question BUT, How do I change the color of the flooring? I have my Matrix background set but the floor is grey. Where Do I go to change that color?

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I had downloaded the version off the Web and been running it for a while without Live. Received the e-mail this morning and everything worked flawlessly updating the console to the newest version.

So there should definitely be no problems for the people who downloaded the version off the Web to update.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Whats going on? Whens the update come out officially? How are you getting the updates?

Wah![/quote]

comes out officially on the 19th

They are having a preview of it for people who they selected at random who signed up through Microsoft Connect or apparently USA Today. They sent out emails in 3 waves if you were selected, then the update is automatically sent to your Xbox if you were selected.

Also to the person who asked about changing the floor color, I don't think you can.

Also, aside from the avatars, which I think are pointless (right now) I am really liking this. It's very fast when loading stuff from the marketplace unlike the slower than shit old marketplace (hopefully that won't change once it's officially released and 14 million people jam the servers) and it's very clean, easy to find downloads for the games you have, and overall a nice improvement over the old blades.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Whats going on? Whens the update come out officially? How are you getting the updates?

Wah![/quote]

Update officially hits this coming Wednesday 11/19. There were signups to get into early 'previews' of NXE via MajorNelson/MS Connect and USATODAY just recently. If you didn't sign up for one of those and got accepted, you'll just wait till the 19th.

I'm loving the "Quick Play" feature that is on the guide.

I would like to be able to access someone's avatar by choosing their name from the friend list on the guide, it seems like for now you have to go to the main dashboard and then to Friends and scroll to where that friend is at to see their avatar page.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Err, so I feel dumb but, how do I go about changing the theme in the NXE? I can't seem to figure out where the setting is.[/quote]

go to My Xbox (the one with your avatar next to it) press a, then choose change theme

In anticipation of NXE, I've opened up my new 120gb HDD ($90, Thanks Target) and am now beginning the 65 minute transfer process.

I didn't get in Wave 3, so :( but still only a few days away.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Err, so I feel dumb but, how do I go about changing the theme in the NXE? I can't seem to figure out where the setting is.

EDIT: Found it :p[/QUOTE]

Go into the "My Xbox" thing, scroll over to your Gamercard.

Select it with A.

You should see "Change Theme" as an option.

The Netflix feature is so nice. Entered my activation code and was watching Superbad within a minute after that. It would be nice if you could add movies to your instant queue via the 360, but just load a bunch of them up online and you should have plenty to pick from.

Installed Rock Band 2 to my hard drive as I type...

I just got invited so I'm going to check it out later today. I didn't think I would be selected since I am really new to owning an xbox to begin with and I don't really play on live at all. I guess I meet their "casual gamer" market or something.

Just got the email from MS Connect...so looks like I got in both with USATODAY and MS Connect...unless the email from MS Connect is in correlation of USATODAY's email from yesterday.

bread's done
Back