New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

Signed up for Netflix tonight in preparation. The selection for instant watch seems small, but there's enough there to warrant at least a trial version to see how it runs. They've got Fido and The Office, so that's good enough for me. :)

I signed up for the Beta and didn't get in, even with Major Nelson's new message. Guess I'll wait till Wednesday. I'm starting to think I typed in the wrong console ID, but whatever the case, I hope this dashboard update goes smooth. =d

I am really excited about the "NXE" never really dug the blades.
I will be getting a 1080p screen soon so I hope it does not disappoint in the HD department.

I just signed up for netflix as well I hope they add a lot more streaming content that are on the "new" side.

[quote name='JC Monkeyballs']absolutely. I think you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

It's a trap!

I didn't get in, now I'm stuck offline tomorrow. :(

They were the ones who signed up for Major's original preview. If they were not in the first 3 waves they got in now... Only way they could have signed up and not gotten in is incorrect console ID.

Also I have heard people who had the correct console ID and also installed the leaked NXE and still can't connect... So if you did that, that might be why

[quote name='Goodeye']They were the ones who signed up for Major's original preview. If they were not in the first 3 waves they got in now... Only way they could have signed up and not gotten in is incorrect console ID.

Also I have heard people who had the correct console ID and also installed the leaked NXE and still can't connect... So if you did that, that might be why[/quote]

Ahh I wondered why I got it last night, I signed up for that preview but didn't get in before, then suddenly I was signed out of Live and when I tried to sign back in I got the NXE update.

The 200 point community games look interesting, anyone know if they have cheesemints or not ?

[quote name='benjamouth']Ahh I wondered why I got it last night, I signed up for that preview but didn't get in before, then suddenly I was signed out of Live and when I tried to sign back in I got the NXE update.

The 200 point community games look interesting, anyone know if they have cheesemints or not ?[/quote]

Yeah I had just turned my box on last night and now update quickly put in Rockband and was prompted to update then it was taking over a minute to update as soon as It restarted before the NXE installation happend I know what it was haha

[quote name='lilboo']What time will this go live tomorrow?? :whistle2:k[/quote]

Probably the same time as the usual Wednesday downloads go up. I'm not 100% sure of the times off hand, but it's pretty early in the morning depending on your time zone.

Well, like I said I'm not sure. It will be as late as 4AM EST, but I think it's an hour or two earlier. Linkin can probably answer it accurately as I believe he's posted it a couple times in XBLA threads if I remember correctly.

Regardless, the question you should probably be asking is, "What time will I be able to connect to Live to download the update?" or something like, "How long will it take me to actually download the update?" :p

I hope SF II HD comes out tomorrow as well.

I got the update this morning and this is the closest I could make it to look like me:

Yeah if Live takes a big hit it will probably be from Midnight through the next afternoon, so I'll be asleep/at work through the rough spot. I'll just try to get a bit of Gears 2 in before it launches.

[quote name='scrub0bk']hmmm im getting the new expierence update on my console as we speak, i thought it was comin out tomorrow?[/quote]

Joystiq is reporting that Major Nelson announced that everyone who signed up to enter the NXE Early Invites is getting the update today, even if they missed the 3rd wave.

~HotShotX

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Major and e seem to say Live shouldn't go down too badly tomorrow.

As long as this doesn't brick any Xbox's.[/quote]

I'd say expect the worst. I don't see it bricking any consoles, but in the past XBL has been shitty right after console updates and multiplayer games really suffer. Last year Live wasn't the same for about a month after the update came out.

I was getting random disconnects the other night just from 10,000 people downloading NXE. Just wait until tomorrow when everyone gets it. They did do it a bit smarter this time releasing it to people little by little, but I don't see that helping that much. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Weird im searching through my purchase history on XBox.com and tons of items say,

Item no longer available 9/20/2007 Unknown

Item no longer available 1/20/2006 Unknown

You know it's weird but I never had any Live problems that others have been talking about. Granted, I didn't try voice chat or anything but I never got disconnected or anything while playing on Live, and I was online for several hours the day I got in, and the days after that.

yeah, it seems they updated all the marketplace stuff on xbox.com, but you can't really do anything with it. I have 4000ms points but theres nothing really to spend it on.

[quote name='benjamouth']Ahh I wondered why I got it last night, I signed up for that preview but didn't get in before, then suddenly I was signed out of Live and when I tried to sign back in I got the NXE update.

The 200 point community games look interesting, anyone know if they have cheesemints or not ?[/quote]
I don't believe it's a requirement of the community games to have achievements.

The demos for community games kind of suck since it times out after a few minutes and requires a restart to keep playing. They don't show up for the quick launch part of the mini-blades, so it's a bit of a slow process.

Yeah Weapon of Choice Community game seemed interesting but won't let you play long enough.

So I have read conflicting reports of people playing with the photoshare app and some people say it's delayed. I couldn't find it last night. Does it exist?

Omg my 360 was bricked after i installed NXE!

I just got finished installing it and BAM a brick flew through my window and smashed my 360 to bits.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Yeah Weapon of Choice Community game seemed interesting but won't let you play long enough.

So I have read conflicting reports of people playing with the photoshare app and some people say it's delayed. I couldn't find it last night. Does it exist?[/QUOTE]

I read it was there when the NXE preview first launched, but was than removed with an update.

Lame. I applied for the NXE but didn't get the update. Major Nelson claimed that everyone who applied but hadn't gotten in is now able to download it but apparently it didn't apply to me.

Hoping that this will be available as a downloadable file for use as a USB stick update. That's how I prefer to update my consoles. Generally faster.

[quote name='GuruuShah']Question is it going to be launched at 12 am? if not what time?[/QUOTE]

I'd expect it around the same time they launch XBLA games, usually about 1-2 AM PST.

I need to drop two plugs, if I may:

I have to give a plug to Kerli. I was shocked to see she shows up under the "game with fame" category on the new NXE. She's from the same country as my wife. She did a small concert near my house last April and my wife met and talked to her afterwards, at length, in their native language (the look like they could be sisters). She's really down to earth and cool. I recommend people download her video and check her out. Really glad to see her career is taking off, she deserves it after working so hard to get over here. Her sound can be described as a goth bjork. It's really cool to see a record company dumping a lot of money on her and making cool videos etc.

Check out this creepy video (not the one on live):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZMJDx-Qp_c

Also, don't let the excitement over NXE tomorrow overshadow a new XBLA release, Kingdom of Kelflings, made by my friends at Ninja Bee. It will be the first game to use avatars, and I have a feeling it will be pretty cool.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Also, don't let the excitement over NXE tomorrow overshadow a new XBLA release, Kingdom of Kelflings, made by my friends at Ninja Bee. It will be the first game to use avatars, and I have a feeling it will be pretty cool.[/quote]

Technically, it's not the first game. The newest Scene It? game uses them, they're just disabled at the moment.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Technically, it's not the first game. The newest Scene It? game uses them, they're just disabled at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Yes I know, but as far as I have read, they won't be enabled until after Kelflings comes out.

[quote name='cerial442']Are the avatars forced for the user? If you don't make one will it just show your gamer pic instead?[/quote]

The first thing that happens when you download the update is it jumps you straight into avatar creation. I do not know if this is required (as in if you can skip to dashboard), but it will not replace your gamerpic unless you specifically tell it to and even if you do somehow accidently, it can be changed back.

Your avatar will only show on xbox.com when someone is viewing your profile or when someone else with the NXE update scrolls over you in the dashboard friends list (different than the guide friendlist).

[quote name='thrustbucket']I've also noticed that live presence doesn't show as much information as it did in the dash. Anyone know why?[/quote]

Are you talking about the friends section that shows all the avatars? Pressing the guide button then going to friends should show the same thing.

bread's done
Back