New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

I installed it this morning before I left for work, and only had time to make a quick avatar.

Question: can you resize/move features (eyebrows etc.) like you can with Miis? I would have used a different pair of eyes but they were too far apart.

Meh. I miss the old blades, entirely due to how themes interacted with them.

Installing Fable to the drive has been the highlight for me.

[quote name='easper']I installed it this morning before I left for work, and only had time to make a quick avatar.

Question: can you resize/move features (eyebrows etc.) like you can with Miis? I would have used a different pair of eyes but they were too far apart.[/quote]

As far as I could tell, no. Miis are much more customizable when it comes to positioning facial features. The avatars are pretty cookie cutter.

Wow, just played Bully after installing from Hard Drive..system sounds like a fan that is burning itself up. Slight churn/hum coming from the box. Not a major difference in load times though, however like others said, this will probably be corrected with new games that are made to take advantage of the process.

Well since im not at home and at school...and will download tonight. I have one simple question,

What happens to our themes and gamerpics? do we just right out lose them?

I just cant wait to use the Netflix feature..but i wonder if its their instant view library or do they upload new releases on Live?

It's their instant view library. Whatever you have on your Netflix instant queue, you can watch on your 360, with the exception of Columbia Pictures' films, because they are Sony-owned. Sony is playing hardball.

Okay, Avatars in Uno are awesome. Seriously, make a 4-person party, play Uno, set Avatars to be displayed. Seriously, it adds a bit more to the game.

Speaking of Old Themes...seriously, they want you to get the new Themes. The old ones suck now.

I thought MS has always said you could go back to your old avatar if you didn't like the new character. Did they change that?

Not that I care, I like my little guy.

[quote name='Trakan']The Netflix addition is insanely awesome.[/quote]

yup, seems like they tweaked it up a bit... loads way faster than before

[quote name='Scorch']New premium themes look SICK!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342627[/quote]

Cool, thanks.

After looking through them, I would have probably got The Last Remnant Theme if not for the huge ass title in the middle of ths screen. Normally I'd stay away from Gears and Halo type themes, but that Halo Wars one is pretty sexy and I'm considering going for that one.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Wow, just played Bully after installing from Hard Drive..system sounds like a fan that is burning itself up. Slight churn/hum coming from the box. Not a major difference in load times though, however like others said, this will probably be corrected with new games that are made to take advantage of the process.[/QUOTE]

I installed Civ Rev last night and played through a game. It was MUCH faster. The game used to stutter around when doing disc access and all of that was gone. The saves were much faster too (for some reason those involved lots of disc stuff too). There used to be huge pauses while the game did stuff with the disc - all gone. It is MUCH smoother, and actually sped up my game quite a bit. Also, much quieter of course. Civ Rev is one of those games that starts and stops the disc all the time which is almost more annoying than the constant drone.

I have a 120GB and spent some time clearing off videos and demos (only had about 30GB free before the update) so I can install pretty much any game I plan on playing more than a few minutes ;).

As for the avatars vs Miis, I said this last night (who knows how many pages back that is!): even though the Avatars are more "realistic" looking I can't get one to look like me as much as my Mii does - it's all about the customization of feature placement.

I really want to buy a theme or two but the premium theme section is down for me.

Also, does Netflix streaming stuff suck for anyone else? I think it's just my internet connection, but every few minutes it pauses and is like "Your connection has slowed. Netflix is adjusting video quality".. two minutes later, it comes back on, and is the exact same quality as before.

There was an update just now, hopefully it fixed it a little.

[quote name='Scorch']I really want to buy a theme or two but the premium theme section is down for me.

Also, does Netflix streaming stuff suck for anyone else? I think it's just my internet connection, but every few minutes it pauses and is like "Your connection has slowed. Netflix is adjusting video quality".. two minutes later, it comes back on, and is the exact same quality as before.

There was an update just now, hopefully it fixed it a little.[/quote]

I've only had that happen to me three times in Netflix. Once of which is when I started a download and forgot to immediately pause it on my PC. The other two times I think were today, shortly after the video began but thereafter it was fine.

I cannot believe that after all this hype and everything there is still no way to preview a fucking theme before you buy it. You would think with this new emphasis on premium themes that they would build in a little preview section. What the fuck microsoft?

Premium Themes (Taken from NeoGaf) [Thanks Scorch ;)]

Sonic:

Castle Crashers:

CoD:WaW:

Fable II:

Forza 2:

Halo Wars:

Viva Pinata:

The Last Remnant:

Rock Band

Tomb Raider: Underworld:

I'm not too happy with the way some of the old themes look. Can't say I'm thrilled with the interface either. And the avatar feature feels gimicky. So far, not a good impression. Let's see how these new features (hard drive installs, etc.) work out...

[quote name='Rocko']Wow, Castle Crashers theme looks fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the free theme MS gave out or a new premium theme?

Pretty sure he's talking about the 250pts premium one:
cctheme203cu5.jpg

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Pretty sure he's talking about the 250pts premium one:
cctheme203cu5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow, that does look nice. Too bad I'm not giving them another fucking penny (already dumped $115 into their company) until they fix their broken ass game!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Something is fucked up, it tells me I have to agree to the new terms of use to be on XBL...when I click view terms of use, nothing happens. I can back out, but my friends don't show up. I'm assuming other things are limited as well.[/QUOTE]

In case anyone else has this problem - I figured out how to fix it. If you have your Windows ID and Gamertag linked on the XBox site, you can log in there and it'll give you the same prompt....accepting the new terms there fixed it on my 360.

I laughed when I realized that when you go through your friends list and somebody is offline their avatar just stands up with its eyes closed.

Thanks for posting that Linkin. Most look great. Im tempted to get the sonic one but Im gonna wait for the SSF2THDR premium theme. Hopefully people will keep taking pictures of this stuff. I loved dashboardthemes.com but then they closed :(

[quote name='cdeener']I laughed when I realized that when you go through your friends list and somebody is offline their avatar just stands up with its eyes closed.[/quote]

Yeah, they're sleeping.

Thanks for the pics for the NXE themes. I still don't see myself buying these new themes, but I do hope that along the road all future themes are Premium (i.e. including the free themes).

[quote name='screwkick']how can you tell the difference from a standard and premium theme?[/quote]
Premium themes currently cost 100 MS points more and have 'Premium' in their title ;)

[quote name='SynGamer']Premium themes currently cost 100 MS points more and have 'Premium' in their title ;)[/quote]
The premiums Ive seen cost 250 points

I really like how the new themes look. Again, hopefully there are some free ones for promotional use. I am surprised that, well hopefully, this will be used for pre-orders. Pre-order Halo Wars, get the code for the theme. It only makes you more excited for the game.

Damn the performance went down the crapper since it released to the general public. :( Seriously, the speedyness has been cut in half or even 3 quarters. Hopefully they get these kinks out.

bread's done
Back