New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

There has been talk about the old themes looking well, gimped and I do agree. They should just have the bottom half either gone or transparent so you can view the entire background. Thats what the Premium Themes look like. Hopefully it might just be an option.

[quote name='Persona7']Damn the performance went down the crapper since it released to the general public. :( Seriously, the speedyness has been cut in half or even 3 quarters. Hopefully they get these kinks out.[/quote]

I hope so, ever since I got it today its been laggy as hell, despite their promise of fixing this problem, which was the biggest on the old dash IMO.

Yeah I tried a bunch of my themes last week and some of them look good but then some are like cut in half or even worse. The free RARE theme failed to even work on my console.

I imagine a lot of the slowness is just the servers getting hammered with people downloading the new dash, and staying on and playing around with the new features. The Live server load is likely much higher than normal this evening.

[quote name='SoNiC1023']Have you guys had freezing problems? Within an hour of my installing it it froze on my 4 times =([/QUOTE]Yeah, today I had my first NXE freeze. I was playing Mega Man and then garbled audio started coming out of the speakers and it completely locked up. -_-

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah, they're sleeping.[/QUOTE]
They should at least lay down! I would be nice if the ones online would just walk around and do random shit.

Do you guys ever think the gamer pic loading will improve after the initial traffic is gone? It takes insanely long to load everyone's gamer pics when scrolling through your friends list in the mini dash/guide. Its like everything was sped up but this was slowed down.

[quote name='CouRageouS']They should at least lay down! I would be nice if the ones online would just walk around and do random shit.

Do you guys ever think the gamer pic loading will improve after the initial traffic is gone? It takes insanely long to load everyone's gamer pics when scrolling through your friends list in the mini dash/guide. Its like everything was sped up but this was slowed down.[/QUOTE]Judging from previous updates I would think that they could fix problems like this, slow loading and etc. When they released that one update with MSN messenger in it, my friends list did not even load correctly for a week and the guide was painfully slow in popping up.

Give it a week or so to be normal speed.

Yea these themes look great. I'm sad that I lose out on my Street Fighter 4 theme because it looks like ass now but I'll have to bite on the SSF2THDR premium theme. That should last me until a SF4 premium hits.

[quote name='CouRageouS']They should at least lay down! I would be nice if the ones online would just walk around and do random shit.

Do you guys ever think the gamer pic loading will improve after the initial traffic is gone? It takes insanely long to load everyone's gamer pics when scrolling through your friends list in the mini dash/guide. Its like everything was sped up but this was slowed down.[/QUOTE]

Until today it was pretty much instantaneous.

The old themes look awful. Simply awful. That damn "surface" covers up about half of the picture.:evil::evil::evil: If they just would have given the option to use them as skins for the "Guide" menu, I wouldn't be complaining. Didn't Microsoft say that the old themes would look "great" in the NXE dashboard?

Also, has anyone noticed some kind of wavy lines when running the 1680x1050 on a TV with that as the native resolution? Their very faint, but I don't notice them on any of the other resolutions. Anybody else having that issue too?

honeslty the old xbox live was just fine with me. i keep getting errors after updating about not being able to connect to live, yet next header is no problem sure is just asimple bug they will fix

I picked up the Rock Band 2 theme and don't regret it. Even though every person on your friends list has the same amp background, the foreground is different (drum sets, guitar, bass, etc).

I just wish you could pick which one you could choose for certain people, or which one people could select for themselves.

And for those wondering about my Netflix "video buffering" problems.. the update earlier today did indeed fix this error and I was able to watch two episodes of CSI with it only buffering once or twice each episode. Very nice.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']How long did it take for everyone's avatars to show up on their gamercard signatures?[/QUOTE]
servers are raped atm, I don't even get a silhouette.

If you notice my avatar in my gamercard is ugly as hell.

I think I saw that the basic Tomb Raider Underworld theme dropped in price, I wonder if all the older themes are going to be cheaper too.

[quote name='Persona7']I might get that SSF2THDR theme also, its looking really slick.

Also, on the xbox.com marketplace do we NEED to have silverlight installed?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/default.htm is prompting me to install silverlight[/quote]
If it's not working without it, then that may be the sign that you need it to use that. ;) Nothing shows up at the moment anyway, so you might as well just install it for whenever it is working again.

[quote name='sublime90']anyone know how to delete games off your list that you have zero achivement points for?[/QUOTE]Open up your achievement list and then go to Zero point games (any zero point game, I got rid of DOAX2) and then hit X to delete. It will give you a prompt then delete it.

Hit guide and then left to find the achievement list.

[quote name='BlueSwim']The old themes look awful. Simply awful. That damn "surface" covers up about half of the picture.:evil::evil::evil: If they just would have given the option to use them as skins for the "Guide" menu, I wouldn't be complaining. Didn't Microsoft say that the old themes would look "great" in the NXE dashboard?
[/QUOTE]
Good idea, they need to let us use the old themes on the mini guide asap.

[quote name='Persona7']Open up your achievement list and then go to Zero point games (any zero point game, I got rid of DOAX2) and then hit X to delete. It will give you a prompt then delete it.

Hit guide and then left to find the achievement list.[/quote]

Thank You!!!:applause:

Anyone else having this problem? I have to sign in manually, and then it tells me the terms of use have changed. I click read the user terms, thinking I must have to accept something, and then it just sits there. Luckily, I can back out of it... and then I'm signed in. I hope I'm not the only one with this problem.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Anyone else having this problem? I have to sign in manually, and then it tells me the terms of use have changed. I click read the user terms, thinking I must have to accept something, and then it just sits there. Luckily, I can back out of it... and then I'm signed in. I hope I'm not the only one with this problem.[/quote]

Mine hung up after accepting the ToS for about 30 seconds before moving on to the Avatar maker.

I actually really like it after being really skeptical about it. But for some reason nothing loads for me in the marketplace, gives me some weird error message.

I got set up on the instant feature very easily. It tells you if you already have an account, and you click yes. And it brings you to a code, say GE91S934.

When I got the code, it told me to go to netflix.com/activate. First, I logged in though. So, I logged in, then went to netflix.com/activate, and it prompted for the code. I put the code in and I got through. You might have to log in first if you didn't do that, but other than that, I'm not sure -- there wasn't any lag for me on my end though.

[quote name='BlueSwim']
Mine hung up after accepting the ToS for about 30 seconds before moving on to the Avatar maker.
[/quote]

I don't think I've even been able to accept yet. :S I had the NXE ahead of time, so that might have caused something goofy. Hopefully it'll all even out...

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']But for some reason nothing loads for me in the marketplace, gives me some weird error message.[/quote]

I'm having problems, too. It might be out connection, or it might just be kinks that haven't quite worked out yet.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I got set up on the instant feature very easily. It tells you if you already have an account, and you click yes. And it brings you to a code, say GE91S934.

When I got the code, it told me to go to netflix.com/activate. First, I logged in though. So, I logged in, then went to netflix.com/activate, and it prompted for the code. I put the code in and I got through. You might have to log in first if you didn't do that, but other than that, I'm not sure -- there wasn't any lag for me on my end though.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't working this morning, but for the most part, the problem has been alleviated for everyone. Maybe bingbangboom's lady friend is one of the few with the problem still.

[quote name='BlueSwim']The old themes look awful. Simply awful. That damn "surface" covers up about half of the picture.:evil::evil::evil: If they just would have given the option to use them as skins for the "Guide" menu, I wouldn't be complaining. Didn't Microsoft say that the old themes would look "great" in the NXE dashboard??[/quote]

Exactly what I would want. Ah well, I figure it's a lesson learned; don't pay for /ANYTHING/ other than games for the system. Since my paid for themes look awful now, I'll avoid buying the hyper neu bling themes in future.

[quote name='Persona7']I might get that SSF2THDR theme also, its looking really slick.

Also, on the xbox.com marketplace do we NEED to have silverlight installed?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/default.htm is prompting me to install silverlight[/QUOTE]

If you install Silverlight, you will see pictures of the different updates in a little box that you can move left or right (with a little joystick onscreen) much like what you see in the NXE.

I still don't see why we can't be given the choice to update to the new or stay as the old. I want my gamer picture back, damnit.

Originally Posted by BlueSwim

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I don't think I've even been able to accept yet. :S I had the NXE ahead of time, so that might have caused something goofy. Hopefully it'll all even out...

This happened to me and I was just staring at a black screen going ahh ok. Shut down the console, waited a bit, turned it back on and signed on automatically and was experiencing the NXE.

bread's done
Back