New xbox live update?

Well it isn't a new backwards compatible list (At least not according to what's on xbox.com.) and it isn't a fix to COD 2.

So meh, your guess is as good as mine.

[quote name='ryanbph']fucking msft[/quote]What did they do wrong? Did the update break your 360? How did it effect you at all?

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']They broke his heart.[/QUOTE]

This will break my heart too if this is the only March update we get, I want a new BC List!!

^^^ I wouldn't hold your breath. We'll be lucky if we get one more backwards compatibility update. They never intended to make "every game compatible" (or at least try to). They promised something they did not intend to deliver on to pull people in and get them to drop the cash, being confident their new system could play almost every game they had from the previous generation.

I know, some of you will say "IT'S ONLY BEEN A FEW MONTHS, YOU AREN'T MICROSOFT, YOU DON'T KNOW." Shut up.

I'd be glad if I were wrong, and I'll gladly come back here and say I was. But I won't be.

[quote name='sj41']What did they do wrong? Did the update break your 360? How did it effect you at all?[/QUOTE]
I have limited time to play games, with work, fiance, tv viewing etc....I don't want to waste 5min to DL something that isn't doing anything for me. Why prepare for the camera, which has been speculated, when it isn't out. Give me the DL for the camera then...

[quote name='sj41']What did they do wrong? Did the update break your 360? How did it effect you at all?[/QUOTE]

I'm paranoid to download this update. The last one fried my 360.

Ryan, are you serious? The download affected you that much that you are complaining about it? Would you rather have them do nothing, never fix any problems and never upgrade anything just so you can get back your five minutes of gaming back?

[quote name='ryanbph']I have limited time to play games, with work, fiance, tv viewing etc....I don't want to waste 5min to DL something that isn't doing anything for me. [/QUOTE]

It takes one fucking second to hit the 'A' button and 30 seconds to download the update, quit crying.

This update changed my DL's from jumping to 5%. I didn't try to pause it and restart to see if it jumped to 50%.

That's the only change I've noticed.

I know what the update was: it was an upgrade to the difficulty of Fight Night. I was on a viscious winning streak and about to turn pro, and after that download last night, I lost 2 straight fights and had my confidence shaken.

And no, it's got nothing to do with the fact that my button-mashing strategy finally caught up with me :)

[quote name='miniarnold']I know what the update was: it was an upgrade to the difficulty of Fight Night. I was on a viscious winning streak and about to turn pro, and after that download last night, I lost 2 straight fights and had my confidence shaken.

And no, it's got nothing to do with the fact that my button-mashing strategy finally caught up with me :)[/QUOTE]

That would not suprise me since a couple of reviewers had stated the game was too easy.

[quote name='Supernothing']This update changed my DL's from jumping to 5%. I didn't try to pause it and restart to see if it jumped to 50%.

That's the only change I've noticed.[/QUOTE]

I still cannot D/L things right. I started and it jumped to 5%, then I quit and it jumped to 50%. Then I quit because it never got past 62%. This was just the Burnout Trailer.

The hard reset on the system after downloading is pretty jarring. I wish it was a little less...sudden. Keeps making me think something bad happened.

[quote name='Scorch']It takes one fucking second to hit the 'A' button and 30 seconds to download the update, quit crying.[/QUOTE]
I have DL the update yet, as I haven't played in awhile, but in the past you also had to restart the system. What is the point to set something up for the future. Give it to me when it is necessary. While I like the functions of live and DL shit, it does scare me with msft and developers giving shitty products out of the gate, with the opportunity to offer a patch in the future.

I find it funny you are telling me to stop crying...

your title of the thread 24: Season Five. *SPOILERS*

your comments after I posted a spoiler, nothing about the story, just about a character coming back. This was before the spoiler button became an option.

DON'T POST SPOILERS FOR UPCOMING EPISODE YOU JERKOFF!!!!! Post spoilers on what's already happened!

DAMN IT!

and your telling me to stop crying. Last I checked this message board is to give deal and opinions. Just because you don't mind DL shit for no reason, doesn't mean other do.

Just curious, for people who aren't a member of Live, nor ever plan to be, are they SOL on ever updating their 360? Especially if it's a firmware upgrade, and not just a Live upgrade?

I know the BC was available as a zip file from MS, but not these new updates.

[quote name='grendel19']Just curious, for people who aren't a member of Live, nor ever plan to be, are they SOL on ever updating their 360? Especially if it's a firmware upgrade, and not just a Live upgrade?

I know the BC was available as a zip file from MS, but not these new updates.[/QUOTE]

Yes :)

You MIGHT be able to get them from MS as a website download. OR, just use XBOX LIVE Silver to get them free. If you do NOT have internet access, then it makes things tough.

bread's done
Back