New Year's Day in Japan

[quote name='CheapyD']When CheapyMom-in-law asked me, "What do Americans do on New Year's Day?", I was kind of embarassed to feed into the lazy American stereotype by replying, "Well, we mostly sleep off our hangovers."
[/QUOTE]

In the Deep South we traditionally eat black-eyed peas and collard greens on New Years day. It’s supposed to make you wealthy in the year to come, but mostly it just makes you gassy!

[quote name='CheapyD']FWIW, Japanese love bacon and hotdogs, perhaps more than Americans.[/QUOTE]

There's a Japanese cooking game show called Dotch Cooking, once they made hot dogs and the contestants FREAKED OUT. I just figured that it's something they don't get very often.

[quote name='1modernboy']
In the Deep South we traditionally eat black-eyed peas and collard greens on New Years day. It’s supposed to make you wealthy in the year to come, but mostly it just makes you gassy! [/QUOTE]

Man, I love black eyed peas and collard greens on New Years Day. Them shits is delicious.

[quote name='HeadRusch']Candied Squid....fried, dried Squid......Wasabi Squid Balls.......are these the types of junk food we're talking about, or is it....Shrimp Toast and Pringles and Cheeze Doodles.... :)

As for Bacon and HotDogs...and the love of them...I salute them :)

What does a BigMac taste like in the Land of the Rising Sun.......I had McDonalds in italy once a long time ago and it was...not gross...but definately "different". Nothing tasted the way you would expect it to taste.[/quote]
Candied Squid? Christ, never tried squid myself, keep meaning t though.

Bacon + Hotdogs? Japan ftw!?

BigMac in big old J would probably be a bit smaller than USA sizes me is guessing. Unless it's totally different and it's Octopus Balls and shrimps (for fries).

bread's done
Back