New Zune $107 shipped from buy.com

[quote name='linkpwns']Tempted.... damn[/quote]

Damn you zune, why must you be the cheap little whore you are? You dont have to walk the streets for money, you dont have to put on the red light ROXX...err Zune.

I already have one...i dont need to be tempted into buying one...or two....or three more. GAH!

I have a theory that by the time zune 2 comes out, They'll drop the price on the Original zune again so it goes from 199 to just 99 bucks. I mean ive never seen any ipod products that have gone down from its original price.

the page says :Pre-Order your Microsoft Zune Today! Will ship on or around Nov 19th, 2007.
But it seems orders are going through.[/QUOTE]

New Zunes on Nov. 13ish I believe, which may account for the strange ship date.

[quote name='joe2187']Damn you zune, why must you be the cheap little whore you are? You dont have to walk the streets for money, you dont have to put on the red light ROXX...err Zune.

I already have one...i dont need to be tempted into buying one...or two....or three more. GAH!

I have a theory that by the time zune 2 comes out, They'll drop the price on the Original zune again so it goes from 199 to just 99 bucks. I mean ive never seen any ipod products that have gone down from its original price.[/QUOTE]

it is just $99.99. shipping is $6.59.

i'm sooo tempted. i might bite after i take a dump. :)

How is the Zune as a straight up music player? I'm looking to get an MP3 player for a family member for Christmas, but she's not into all the multi functions shit like video playback.

This seems like a great deal if the Zune is a good MP3 player. But all I hear about it is it's other functions. I wonder if they'll have a better deal on Black Friday?

EDIT - Also, are there any Buy.com coupons/deals going on right now?

[quote name='Malice']How is the Zune as a straight up music player? I'm looking to get an MP3 player for a family member for Christmas, but she's not into all the multi functions shit like video playback.

This seems like a great deal if the Zune is a good MP3 player. But all I hear about it is it's other functions. I wonder if they'll have a better deal on Black Friday?[/quote]

Its completly solid as a Music player alone, as long as you download the firmware (Which should be automatic once you Sync it in with the marketplace) It used to have a problem skipping during songs and pausing in between but its been taken care of once the firmware is properly downloaded.

As a music player alone its great, No problems whatsoever, great playback, reasonable battery life. It comes it a couple different colors. Pink brown black white,...Halo 3?

only thing that should be a problem, if your cousin is just looking for small music player, most people are thrown off by its Size, apperance and Weight. Ive seen alot of people refer to it as an ugly little box in your pocket. :roll:

[quote name='joe2187']Its completly solid as a Music player alone, as long as you download the firmware (Which should be automatic once you Sync it in with the marketplace) It used to have a problem skipping during songs and pausing in between but its been taken care of once the firmware is properly downloaded.

As a music player alone its great, No problems whatsoever, great playback, reasonable battery life. It comes it a couple different colors. Pink brown black white,...Halo 3?

only thing that should be a problem, if your cousin is just looking for small music player, most people are thrown off by its Size, apperance and Weight. Ive seen alot of people refer to it as an ugly little box in your pocket. :roll:[/quote]Thanks for the reply. Is it really THAT big, or is it just people over-exagerating?

So it has an iTune-like program with it? Is it easy to use?

@GaveUpTomorrow: Thanks for the coupon! I appreciate it.

Though the brown color is pretty ugly, I recommend this player (I got a refurb one from Woot). You could probably throw a silicone skin on it to disguise the color.

I'm really excited about the firmware update that is promised by MS when the new Zunes comeout, especially the addition of wireless sync. Its great they are going to offer this for all users instead of forcing people to upgrade to the newer models.

I have never had a problem with it's size. It's a hair taller than say a roll of toilet paper, and about as wide as a coke can, half an inch deep or so.

[quote name='Malice']Thanks for the reply. Is it really THAT big, or is it just people over-exagerating?

So it has an iTune-like program with it? Is it easy to use?

@GaveUpTomorrow: Thanks for the coupon! I appreciate it.
[/quote]

Most people are used to seeing things like the ipod and anything that differs from it exactly are skeptical. Its not as big as people make it to be, but its also not as a popular or as some pointed out "Fashionable":roll:
Otherwise its 100% a great device

and yes the Zune Marketplace is like Itunes, but its Subscription based like Xbox Live, in fact XBLive and Zune work exactly the same way and Microsoft ponts can be used to buy songs on the Zune marketplace. Itunes is 99 cents a song whereas Zune marketplace gives you UNLIMITED downloads for three months or 14.99 a month. you can also opt to buy songs for 79 points a song roughly 98 cents i think.

That's a good price on a 30gb. Since the 80 thats comin out is gunna be 249.99 and the smaller ones are 100$ i think there 149$ for a 8gb. ya that sale price is damn good.

Well okay. I've wanted an .mp3 player ever since I saw the first iPods on ZDTV. I was always too cheap to pull the trigger. I hope this was as good a deal as you guys made it seem.

ya it is cuz im on the Microsoft Expertzone and I can get one for 149$ so you know its a good deal if your gettin an extra 50$ off.

I just bit on this deal. Actually I ordered once with Google Checkout and then I noticed GaveUpTomorrow's post so I cancelled the first order. I went ahead and bought the Zune again with the 5% discount.

Its not clear to me if this is the old Zune I'm buying or is it the newer model. Its my understanding that the newer model is slimmer and has a bigger screen.

I really give a shit about downloading music. I have over 800 cds that I want to transfer on this player.

EDIT: I actually like the brown color.

This is definately the old model....brown won't be available in the new version and according to the slickdeals boards the ship dates on these is mid Nov. so if you think there will be an in store deal or a universal price drop this might not be the best thing. The new ones come out in November too along with an firmware update that will give many of the Zune 2 features to this model.

I don't understand this deal...why is it a Pre-Order???? it is the OLD ZUNE, correct? The 30GB is not getting updated.....unless this will just have a new firmware.....odd.

buy.com is now offering free shipping. i'm on hold waiting for a csr to try and waive the s&h (or cancell and re-order). on hold now for around 30min.

edit: finally, someone answered and said they'll FORWARD my request to the correct department. i asked to cancel but she said thats also A REQUEST that would have to be FORWARDED. she said i would receive an email or phone call within ? with a response.

[quote name='minos1067']buy.com is now offering free shipping. i'm on hold waiting for a csr to try and waive the s&h (or cancell and re-order). on hold now for around 30min.

edit: finally, someone answered and said they'll FORWARD my request to the correct department. i asked to cancel but she said thats also A REQUEST that would have to be FORWARDED. she said i would receive an email or phone call within ? with a response.[/QUOTE]

Good luck - their customer service blows.

Also, this deal is very tempting. Must resist!

I bought the $99 Black Zune from Woot and I have to say I'm really impressed so far. Works great and unbeatable for this amount of space and for the money. I actually like the interface better than the iPod, it kinda works like media center, which I'm used to.

30GB is definitely the "old" model but when the new ones come out (11/11?) there will be firmware that gives the 30GB the same features as the new ones. They will continue to sell the 30GB Zunes, they are NOT being discontinued.

Original Zune

30 GB - $99-$199

New Zunes

80GB - Smaller than 30GB - $249
4GB/8GB - Much smaller - Flash Based - $149/$199

[quote name='Malice']How is the Zune as a straight up music player? I'm looking to get an MP3 player for a family member for Christmas, but she's not into all the multi functions shit like video playback.

This seems like a great deal if the Zune is a good MP3 player. But all I hear about it is it's other functions. I wonder if they'll have a better deal on Black Friday?

EDIT - Also, are there any Buy.com coupons/deals going on right now?[/QUOTE]

I think it's an excellent MP3 player. Easy functionality and simple playlists (make them on the go on the Zune or make them on the Zune software and drag and drop).

I justed emailed the Customer service about the free shipping thing. I hope will retract the shipping costs for my order yesterday.

Awesome, free shipping and the code got it for under $95. This is perfect, I haven't bought an ipod because the ones with decent size hard drives are too expensive since they come do all the other crap. I just want a lot of music and dont care about the thing being small.

Can you upgrade the old Zune firmware to support Media Center files? I know the new model will support it, but if this one does I'm all over it.

I just ordered one. Can't beat the price and I am not a fan of Ipods.

Is it not good to run with the larger MP3 players that aren't flash based?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Amazon is offering this for $99 if anyone doesn't want to buy from buy.com.[/QUOTE]

Can we get a link please?

[quote name='Worldcup08']Can we get a link please?[/quote]

It actually looks like Amazon cancelled all the orders. Nevermind now.

[quote name='robot']Can you upgrade the old Zune firmware to support Media Center files? I know the new model will support it, but if this one does I'm all over it.[/quote]

All Zune models New and old will have the Same exact firmware. Wireless Syncing and Podcasts for everybody!!!!.....Shouldnt it be called Zunecasts?

New firmware should be available by Nov. 16

Also i heard from a very UNreliable source, although it may be a possiblity that the old zune will once again drop in price to make way for the new ones. Doubt it but anything's possible.

Another great feature about Zune 2 that im excited about is the headphones they come with. check em out http://crunchgear.com/2007/09/04/zune-2-headphones-details/

I bought mine :D my dad said that its gonna take 3-5 bussiness days so I guess its not a pre-order...how dumb would it be to pre-order whats already out?

But I don't get it til christmas :/

The only difference between this one and the 80 gig is that the 80 gig will be thinner, weigh less, have a bigger screen, and h264 support (which for whatever reason, the firmware update for the originals will NOT be including)

[quote name='Bezerker']The only difference between this one and the 80 gig is that the 80 gig will be thinner, weigh less, have a bigger screen, and h264 support (which for whatever reason, the firmware update for the originals will NOT be including)[/QUOTE]

the new one also has a click wheel.

one of the reasons why i got the older version is because i hate the click wheel [ i have a ipod video 5th gen ]. the old version is like a d-pad.

Should I cancel my order and reorder to save the $5? I would have right away but I'd have to wait even longer and the page says that they're currently out of stock.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Zune 2s won't have a click wheel. They'll have some sort of d-pad/touchpad.

Woot.com also has the 30 gig Zune for $99 (+$5 shipping) at the moment.

*Edit: Ah nvm its a refurb....

[quote name='Filbert']Should I cancel my order and reorder to save the $5? I would have right away but I'd have to wait even longer and the page says that they're currently out of stock.[/quote]

Wait, is this "In stock soon" stuff what they really meant by "Preorder"? Maybe they've been out of stock all along. If that's the case I sure will cancel and reorder.

Just got an email from Customer service
Thank you for contacting Buy.com.

This is in reference to your email regarding order #XXXXXXXXXXXX.

Please note that the offer was offered after placing the order therefore we are unable to honor your request for free shipping promotion.

We apologize for any inconvenience to you.

Sincerely,

Larry
Buy.com Customer Service
www.buy.com

So I am not getting the free shipping....damn. Amazon.com would of honored that ...Still, I'm getting a good deal.

Now I ordered mine on Sunday, before they lowered the price a few and offered free shipping. Does anyone know if earlier orders are shipping before the November 19th date? If so I'll cancel and reorder with the cheaper price and free shipping.

[quote name='Filbert']
Also, I'm pretty sure the Zune 2s won't have a click wheel. They'll have some sort of d-pad/touchpad.[/QUOTE]

it's actually both, minus the middle button.

"Squircle: The Zune Pad offers both tactile d-pad type control and also touch sensitivity. Have your cake and eat it too."

[quote name='Jeoff']Brown color is so icky. Wait for the new Zune if you really want a Zune.[/quote]
Doesn't really matter if you have it in a case.

Wow I stopped by my local Best Buy today and decided to check out the Zunes. They're a lot smaller than I was imagining, what with the way people were complaining about their size. Plus, the brown color isn't as bad as I thought either.

bread's done
Back