Newegg: $10 off Combo purchase of FE:A and SMT IV (plus the eShop credit)

radioactivez0r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I was going to post this in the main 3DS thread mentioning this but it seems pretty slick.  If you didn't know, if you register Fire Emblem: Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV before 8/31 on Club Nintendo, you get a $30 eShop credit.  Normally with the first run edition of SMT IV this would run you $90.

Newegg has a combo deal now for $10 less:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1394280&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL073013&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL073013-_-EMC-073013-Index-_-Combo-_-Combo1394280-LM3A

If you didn't have a pile of Gamestop/Amazon/BB credit like me (new 3DS XL owner), not a bad deal.

Does this work on the mobile site? Can you stack it with the $15 credit for using Google Wallet?
*To redeem offer, enter promo code “WALLET” at checkout on your order of $50 or more (excluding tax and shipping fees) and complete your purchase on the m.newegg.com website or on the Newegg Android Phone App while using Google Wallet as your payment method. Offer valid 09:00AM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) on July 9, 2013 to 11:59PM PDT on August 31, 2013 or while funds last. Offer limited to one per customer and may only be used once per account; cannot be combined with other promo codes, combo discounts, promotions offering free gifts, pre-order items, items sold by Newegg Marketplace sellers, and purchases of gift cards.

the  shin game may be bugged .....

i played my game up to this point   

page 94

corpse disposal   ashura kai  shin   brance  

i go into the place and it says  something about the corpses  but   even when talking to everyone in the place it   DOES NOT ALLOW Me to accept the quest.. when you go into the  quest board it says  NOTHING NEW FOUND... emailed   atlus about it and they said they were having complaints from other people    they advise me to go back to the rest of the mission places to see if one of those 4 places unlocked it ... when it DID NOT  they told me to try to   DO  ALL  extra quest   to see if that would unlock it (what would be 5 to 10 hours of  running around  just doing random quest)   never had a chance to go back into it  so  just a heads up  

Argh, this is so tempting! I've always been a 100% completionist of games, and the only remaining games to complete 100% on my 3DS backlog is getting 9,999,999 coins in NSMB2 and (attempting to get) medals on all Star Fox 64 3D stages. Then for game preorders, I have Pokemon X and Y (yes, both, for a main run and a Nuzlocke and/or Wedlocke run), Yoshi's New Island, Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. Decisions, decisions...

Well, I'm caving in and taking advantage of this deal. Perhaps I'll use the $30 towards Animal Crossing: New Leaf if there's a temporary price drop... *shivers in anticipation of the many more hours I will spend on this system*

@Mtxbass

Yes

BUT NEWEGG IS A BAD IDEA

It's like a gamble. 75% chance they'll ruin your Limited Edition Boxed Set of SMT.

Good grief, I'm in on this, since I'm planning to get a Wii U next week and the $30 credit can be redeemed on it. Also going to wait for a 3DS XL sale ( I know I just missed one).

Up until now, I didn't know that Shin Megami and Persona were different...where's a good spot to start with Shin Megami? Do I need to play the others first?

Good grief, I'm in on this, since I'm planning to get a Wii U next week and the $30 credit can be redeemed on it. Also going to wait for a 3DS XL sale ( I know I just missed one).

Up until now, I didn't know that Shin Megami and Persona were different...where's a good spot to start with Shin Megami? Do I need to play the others first?
Shin megami tensei 4 is a perfect place to start and no you don't need to play other games in the series.

awwww, I ended up getting SMTIV already from Newegg with that $15 off $50 promo.

At least it came in a box in perfect condition though

In regards to the claims of box damaging, I can confirm that it happened to me, too, with my pre-order of SMT IV from Newegg.

I'm not going to resell it or anything, so I don't really care as it's only the top of the box that's crushed in somewhat, but anyone who's obsessive about that sort of thing might want to avoid Newegg.

Last edited by a moderator:
My copy of SMT4 I ordered with the $15 off promo came in today.  It had a Class II ding in the upper lambda Z quadrant of the prefabricated storage container.  Estimated monetary loss $3.17.  Due to the imperfection in the storage container my enjoyment quotient for the game has dropped from a 9.7 down to a 7.3.  Additionally, my emotional stress is now 13% above optimal levels.

In all seriousness though, it came fairly securely packaged and it did have a minor ding in it but that is to be expected. 

I also got SMTIV from Newegg..it shipped in a simple bubble envelope, so the outer cardboard sleeve was dented/creased quite a bit on the sides and the top.  Fortunately I was able to get a refund for it :/

Does Newegg give partial refunds for damage like Amazon does?
I'm not sure, I just returned it for a full refund, then repurchased it on Amazon where it arrived in a safe box in great new condition. Note that in order to get a RMA to return to Newegg for shipping damage, you need to contact them via phone explaining the situation....you can't just use the easier online customer service/order refund page for it :/

So if I buy SMT IV from Newegg, would that guarantee me the limited edition copy?

And also, wouldn't just buying the two games separately and then applying the Google Wallet discount end up being cheaper, or am I missing something here?

Just FYI Amazon has just as good of a chance damaging your copy of SMT IV. Amazon has and will ship in a bubble mailer.

Now past that, FE and SMT IV are two of the best games on the system and in my eyes make the system worth the price. Especially SMT IV, FE is good and worth the money but FE is one of those games where there tens to be a ton of them, lol.

Just FYI Amazon has just as good of a chance damaging your copy of SMT IV. Amazon has and will ship in a bubble mailer.

Now past that, FE and SMT IV are two of the best games on the system and in my eyes make the system worth the price. Especially SMT IV, FE is good and worth the money but FE is one of those games where there tens to be a ton of them, lol.
I guess it's just luck then, as I got SMTIV from Amazon and was shipped in a regular shipping box, so it arrived without any damages. Amazon has a pretty easy replace/refund policy for damaged items too, compared to Newegg.

I guess it's just luck then, as I got SMTIV from Amazon and was shipped in a regular shipping box, so it arrived without any damages. Amazon has a pretty easy replace/refund policy for damaged items too, compared to Newegg.
I have a similar story with my SMT IV/Amazon experience. No problems here.

So if I buy SMT IV from Newegg, would that guarantee me the limited edition copy?

And also, wouldn't just buying the two games separately and then applying the Google Wallet discount end up being cheaper, or am I missing something here?
I have not seen a version of SMT sold as non limited yet in-stores.

Yes, it is cheaper by a few bucks. The problem buying separate is the discount is one time use per account, FE and SMT are both under $50 and require filler items to use the discount.

bread's done
Back