NEWEGG 23.6" Monitor Deal - $170

Upas

CAG Veteran
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236052

23.6" ASUS Monitor Equivalent on sale for $170 until Sunday.

It has HDMI, Vga, Dvi, audio out, and speakers.
It has a ASCR Contrast ratio of 20000:1
Spec page says 5 ms response time, as opposed to the 23" or 21" 2 ms GTG response time, but GTG and normal response time are different. GTG is generally lower.

I'm most likely gonna get one

These are the bigger version of the monitors they use at EVO, the US's biggest fighting game tournament. As such, these are virtually lagless. The EVO team tested many monitors and found these to be the best at a decent price-point.

It has an HDMI port, so you can play Xbox360/PS3 on it! (That's also why its gaming related)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 22" equivalent of this monitor (the ones used at EVO), and it's great. My PS3 looks awesome at 1080p ^^
I think my blog has a pic of the monitor.

[quote name='Arcturiang']Didn't know there was a point in a 23" monitor going 1080p. Might pick one up.[/QUOTE]

If you're sitting close to it, I believe you would see a difference.

[quote name='Arcturiang']Didn't know there was a point in a 23" monitor going 1080p. Might pick one up.[/QUOTE]

actually, it may even look nicer due to its high pixel density ;)

yep, I have a 25" HANNspree 1080p monitor and I can definitely see how detailed things are in 1080p vs 720p, so ya if you are close enough to the screen it is distinguishable.

Computer monitors are different from TV monitors. You're sitting maybe 2.5 feet away from one of them as opposed to 5-10 feet away from a TV. Like a 30" TV might be 1080p but probably 720p, but a 30" PC monitor is going to have a native res of 2560x1600, as opposed to 1920x1080 like a 1080p TV would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Free2game']Computer monitors are different from PC monitors. You're sitting maybe 2.5 feet away from one of them as opposed to 5-10 feet away from a TV. Like a 30" TV might be 1080p but probably 720p, but a 30" PC monitor is going to have a native res of 2560x1600, as opposed to 1920x1080 like a 1080p TV would be.[/QUOTE]

Tell me this is a typo? Computer monitor != PC monitor???

[quote name='cdietschrun']Tell me this is a typo? Computer monitor != PC monitor???[/QUOTE]
err whoops, I mean to say TV monitors

[quote name='cdietschrun']Tell me this is a typo? Computer monitor != PC monitor???[/QUOTE]
I think he meant to say that a computer monitor is not a TV.

While this is true, there's little difference. TV manufacturers made such a big deal about HD, but computer monitors have been producing displays of higher resolution and refresh rate for years, and you can usually get them for a lower price.

The main difference between an HD TV and a computer monitor is that the monitor will lack a tuner and speakers, and also probably have fewer inputs. There's no reason you can't use the monitor as a TV, though. More info:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Use-an-LCD-Monitor-as-a-TV-without-a-Computer/

I've been needing a new monitor for a long time, but haven't really had the cash to do get one. However, this big red line down the center of my current monitor is getting to be a little annoying after 9 months.

Whenever I look at a monitor though, those few negative reviews of it (dead pixels, light bleed, ghosting, bad color, etc etc) always scare me away and I end up with nothing.

This monitor however looks to have many good user reviews (which are generally worthless anyway), and the price looks to be too good. I might just end up using BillMeLater. There's a 1TB hard drive on sale for 90 that I might add in with this.

[quote name='wbc1228']this lcd, as with any other lcd, is NOT lagless so stop with the bs.[/QUOTE]

Sure, not completely lagless, but its very low lag. if it's lagless enough for evo, its lagless enough for me.

bread's done
Back