Newegg 48 hour Early Bird Specials: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (360) $9.99

Can't decide whether to bite on AC brotherhood. Amazon has no stock so I doubt a bf deal there. Best buy likes to do random drops through Monday though...

[quote name='fishphoenix']So.... Star Ocean or Tales of Vesperia?[/QUOTE]

The worst J-RPG this generation or the best one? Hmm, what a choice.

Edit: Looks like you chose correctly. Good job.

I just finished up Castlevania LoS last week and got through the DLC this weekend. I can't recommend it enough if you are a fan of the series, but like someone else pointed out it oddly does feel TOO long. I think the problem was that even though the score was fantastic, the same background songs do repeat through the levels and it gets tiring. For those that are not completionist, don't worry about the DLC. The first pack expands the story shortly but is only 3 levels, with mostly puzzles. The second pack is basically just the same boss fight on only 2 levels and was a complete waste of money.

Very tempted at getting Dead Rising 2: OTR but have been waiting for it to drop lower. Never seen it happen yet though.

[quote name='fishphoenix']So.... Star Ocean or Tales of Vesperia?[/QUOTE]

Vesperia is the best JRPG this generation. Star Ocean is a terrible game and not worth your time. The acting on ToV is good. The acting on Star Ocean makes you cringe. The protagonist in ToV is badass. The protagonist in Star Ocean is the stereotypical JRPG moody whinny crybaby (not as bad as the guy in the last remnant though). Gameplay seems similar but IMO Star Ocean got really fucking annoying and encounters in some areas are too high. Star Ocean has some really nice space battle cut scenes reminiscent of xenosaga but those cut scenes are just not worth playing it for. vesperia had far fewer cut scenes but those that they have are really impressive. Star Ocean has WAY too many super long dungeons that drag on for fucking ever.

Not really relevant but stupid - you go through space ships that are 99% corridors and 1% functional space. Obviously designed this way to increase the length of the dungeons and force you to fight more battles. No one in their right mind would have all these fucking corridors that need to have life support functions in a spaceship.

bread's done
Back