Newegg $94.99 Skyrim Limited Edition (360/PS3/PC) FS

if you already have the game...wait it out! it will tank even more i saw these piled up at BB and with what they have been doing lately with their CE stock...its inevitable. Got KZ3 AC and I2 from them for a third of their original price

[quote name='earvcunanan']I'm waiting on the $49.99 price point for this.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Although I'll probably wait for it to drop a bit more than that, since I already have the regular edition lol. But I want that dragon

This whole LE thing has been way out of hand.

Definitely shorting this stock.

I just wish LE meant what it supposed to be--an actual low print run.

In my opinion although not limited this is not nearly as common as you all are making it out to be. First, I haven't seen it at any MAJOR retailer other then Best Buy or gamestop. I don't believe B&M Target, TRU, Walmart, etc even carry it. Second, due to the price point and the relative niche that is Skyrim (yes it's a great game but it's not a FPS) I think most copies you see at Best Buy or Gamestop have been there since launch.

This is one of those CE that if it wasn't claimed by a preorder most likely won't be bought at full price. I doubt however that their are warehouses full of these but I could certainly be wrong.

I do expect another price drop to $79.99 or so but I don't think that A) this was printed as much as say Halo Reach Legendary or B) they will hang around long enough to hit a 49.99 price point

[quote name='GBAstar']In my opinion although not limited this is not nearly as common as you all are making it out to be. First, I haven't seen it at any MAJOR retailer other then Best Buy or gamestop. I don't believe B&M Target, TRU, Walmart, etc even carry it. Second, due to the price point and the relative niche that is Skyrim (yes it's a great game but it's not a FPS) I think most copies you see at Best Buy or Gamestop have been there since launch.

This is one of those CE that if it wasn't claimed by a preorder most likely won't be bought at full price. I doubt however that their are warehouses full of these but I could certainly be wrong.

I do expect another price drop to $79.99 or so but I don't think that A) this was printed as much as say Halo Reach Legendary or B) they will hang around long enough to hit a 49.99 price point[/QUOTE]

Because those other B&M aren't stupid to stock $149 paper weight for useless shit.

Waiting for $49.99 or lower. To much right now. And plus I want to complete Oblivion, which I haven't got to yet after these few years of release!

"First, I haven't seen it at any MAJOR retailer other then Best Buy or gamestop. I don't believe B&M Target, TRU, Walmart, etc even carry it."

Target and Walmart almost never carry any large Collectors Editions. They simply don't have room in their cases for all of them. Skyrim isn't some exception.

"Second, due to the price point and the relative niche that is Skyrim (yes it's a great game but it's not a FPS) I think most copies you see at Best Buy or Gamestop have been there since launch."

Skyrim is not niche. It has shipped over 10 million copies. Along with Modern Warfare 3 it has broken tons of sales records. In. Just. One. Month.

"This is one of those CE that if it wasn't claimed by a preorder most likely won't be bought at full price. I doubt however that their are warehouses full of these but I could certainly be wrong."

That is the same story for every CE. The Best Buys near me have had the same ripped CEs on their shelves for months. Even after black friday.

[quote name='Orofin']"First, I haven't seen it at any MAJOR retailer other then Best Buy or gamestop. I don't believe B&M Target, TRU, Walmart, etc even carry it."

Target and Walmart almost never carry any large Collectors Editions. They simply don't have room in their cases for all of them. Skyrim isn't some exception.

"Second, due to the price point and the relative niche that is Skyrim (yes it's a great game but it's not a FPS) I think most copies you see at Best Buy or Gamestop have been there since launch."

Skyrim is not niche. It has shipped over 10 million copies. Along with Modern Warfare 3 it has broken tons of sales records. In. Just. One. Month.

"This is one of those CE that if it wasn't claimed by a preorder most likely won't be bought at full price. I doubt however that their are warehouses full of these but I could certainly be wrong."

That is the same story for every CE. The Best Buys near me have had the same ripped CEs on their shelves for months. Even after black friday.[/QUOTE]

First Don't compare MW3 and Skyrim; sales wise MW3 is in its own league. I referred to it as a niche in that it is an RPG game and many casual gamers could care less about the Oblivion franchise.

Second WTF are you talking about? Walmart and Target do stock most AAA large CE's (Halo: Reach, Black Ops, etc.). Skyrim is a great game but it is not AAA in that sense. It may be for most AAA for most users on this site but come on, "Bethedsa" isn't a household name that the general public will recognize.

Skyrim is not niche. Ohi google search:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88459/skyrim-sales-exceed-34-million-units-in-two-days/
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/39236/Skyrim_Claims_UK_Sales_Christmas_Number_One.php

When Amazon included it in the collector's edition sale shortly after release (although at a modest discount), that was a big clue to me that it was overproduced. I'm hoping Best Buy will have one of their amazing sales on it, especially with the way they have been aggressively clearing out large items in their warehouses.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HornyPony']um anybody knows the current 10$ of 50 code for new customers?[/QUOTE]

newcustomer10 i think

[quote name='Antipodes']Skyrim is not niche. Ohi google search:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88459/skyrim-sales-exceed-34-million-units-in-two-days/
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/39236/Skyrim_Claims_UK_Sales_Christmas_Number_One.php

When Amazon included it in the collector's edition sale shortly after release (although at a modest discount), that was a big clue to me that it was overproduced. I'm hoping Best Buy will have one of their amazing sales on it, especially with the way they have been aggressively clearing out large items in their warehouses.[/QUOTE]

Niche was a bad use of the word. This is OT but regardless "Bethedsa" and "Oblivion" are not name brands is the same fashion that "Halo" "Call of Duty" "Madden" "Grand Theft Auto" and "EA", "Activision" "Microsoft" and Rockstar are.

The sales for this game are fantastic, it's been in the works for a very long time, and it's two day sales were amazing but that is because it had unbelievable preorder numbers.

I actually just saw these at best buy the other day. The box is ridiculously huge (I would say the size of two console boxes stacked). I don't see places wanting to take up that much space for too long before clearancing them out

Idk why, but I see gamestop doing the clearance first. Saw several with at least 5 boxes out on display and none sold (these are mall gamestops, which I think have very limited space). I just hope they don't convert them to used and chuck the contents out before I can get my hands on one.

[quote name='sylveranking']Idk why, but I see gamestop doing the clearance first. Saw several with at least 5 boxes out on display and none sold (these are mall gamestops, which I think have very limited space). I just hope they don't convert them to used and chuck the contents out before I can get my hands on one.[/QUOTE]

My gamestop has a stack of them in the corner, same amount since release day, and i'm sure they got more in the back room.

I post this every time, but I'll do it again. At $95, if you resell the statue and art book you'll get right around this amount back and so get a copy of Skyrim w/map and bonus disc to keep for relatively little work. Check ebay completed listings.

I'd do it in an instant if I didnt already own Skyrim.

I saw the box a few days ago at BB. Good lord the box is huge! I'll eventually grab this for all the extras, but I'm not sure what I'll do with the dragon.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']another not so limited edition (like every LE these days) will wait until it drops some more[/QUOTE]

It's not advertised as Limited Edition. It's advertised as Collector's edition. The OP just called it Limited Edition in the title for some reason.

While I think this will eventually hit 29.99 I will probably buy as soon as I see it hit 49.99.

I want the dragon, but more importantly I want the art book.

[quote name='grrouchie']While I think this will eventually hit 29.99 I will probably buy as soon as I see it hit 49.99.

I want the dragon, but more importantly I want the art book.[/QUOTE]

The dragon and the artbook are great. I got 2 when BB had that B2G1 Disney Adventures glitch...sold one for $120, so I basically paid $40 or so for it after tax.

[quote name='GBAstar']First Don't compare MW3 and Skyrim; sales wise MW3 is in its own league. I referred to it as a niche in that it is an RPG game and many casual gamers could care less about the Oblivion franchise.

Second WTF are you talking about? Walmart and Target do stock most AAA large CE's (Halo: Reach, Black Ops, etc.). Skyrim is a great game but it is not AAA in that sense. It may be for most AAA for most users on this site but come on, "Bethedsa" isn't a household name that the general public will recognize.[/QUOTE]

I cant believe nobody else said this but its not the Oblivion franchise its The Elder Scrolls franchise, Oblivion was just the game name like Skyrim, or Morrowind

I still remember the good old days when Limited/Collector's Edition mean $10-$20 above the regular edition.

I wish they quit tacking on large statue/model with price tag increase of $50-70.

[quote name='GBAstar']First Don't compare MW3 and Skyrim; sales wise MW3 is in its own league. I referred to it as a niche in that it is an RPG game and many casual gamers could care less about the Oblivion franchise.

Second WTF are you talking about? Walmart and Target do stock most AAA large CE's (Halo: Reach, Black Ops, etc.). Skyrim is a great game but it is not AAA in that sense. It may be for most AAA for most users on this site but come on, "Bethedsa" isn't a household name that the general public will recognize.[/QUOTE]

Do sales number really matter THAT much? http://kotaku.com/5866686/2011-gamers-played-modern-warfare-3-the-most-skyrim-the-longest?tag=skyrim

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I cant believe nobody else said this but its not the Oblivion franchise its The Elder Scrolls franchise, Oblivion was just the game name like Skyrim, or Morrowind[/QUOTE]

I stopped reading his post after the first sentence.

Discounted prices and/or promo codes are valid till 12/25/2011

If you haven't picked this game up yet, I'd say hold off. The developers have stated they won't start working on broken quest fixes until January at the earliest.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karyadi']I can't believe I'm even considering this.[/QUOTE]

tell me about it, I already own the game on both PC, PS3 and I'm seriously considering on getting the CE version (I really want that Dragon statue). I will probably wait for it to hit $50 though

[quote name='LazyTriangle']tell me about it, I already own the game on both PC, PS3 and I'm seriously considering on getting the CE version (I really want that Dragon statue). I will probably wait for it to hit $50 though[/QUOTE]

If the dragon is only thing you want, im sure you can find it on ebay for $50 or so ;)

[quote name='appleyum']I still remember the good old days when Limited/Collector's Edition mean $10-$20 above the regular edition.

I wish they quit tacking on large statue/model with price tag increase of $50-70.[/QUOTE]

$10 - $20 above the regular edition is probably what is should be still.

Let look at what you get:

"Alduin Statue. Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector's only statue stands 12" tall and is made of high quality PVC". Made in China I don't how they modeled it because 3D molding is no big deal anymore. Tops, its worth $5

"'The Art of Skyrim' Official Art Book. Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8" x 12 1/8" coffee table book" I would have to feel the paper, but considering that similar "coffee" table books at Costco which are much bigger are going for $10, that is the max I would say for the book

'The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim' DVD - This is pure, "who cares" item. They had the Mass Effect 2 making videos online and G4 had the making Mass Effect 2 mini-Series to know big audience. I will give it $5, with $1 for the DVD and $4 for the production costs.

So, right now the game is going for $60, add this useless shelf space that adds $20. So, $80 seems fair right now. Figure the game will drop to $50 by the end of January, your looking at $60 to $70 as a fair price by early next year.

The game the retailers are playing is by using the term CE or LE as if!

Its a pile of cheap plastic or picture on cheaply bound paper.

If they wanted to have something of value, they would have levels, or DLC or characters that are exclusive or allow you to have all future DLC for free -- but then people would scream who did not get this edition that they are not getting the full game, so instead, you get expensive plastic.

I LOL at people who paid over $100

[quote name='TurboPascal']
"'The Art of Skyrim' Official Art Book. Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8" x 12 1/8" coffee table book" I would have to feel the paper, but considering that similar "coffee" table books at Costco which are much bigger are going for $10, that is the max I would say for the book[/QUOTE]

I had to :lol: at comparing an RPG artbook to a random Costco table book.

[quote name='abhinav']Oh god, I almost checked out. Someone stop me, I should wait for a better deal[/QUOTE]

Self control, my friend

[quote name='Pookymeister']I had to :lol: at comparing an RPG artbook to a random Costco table book.[/QUOTE]

To me, there is more value in the Costco coffee table books. I will take 50yrs of Time Life pictures over the RPG artbook. At least the Time Life book will have historical reference versus the RPG artbook that will collect dust and will be a memory when the next AAA RPG comes along.

I find no additional value in the CE or LE editions of these games -- its way for the retails to take $20 worth of plastic and mark it up 200%

[quote name='TurboPascal']To me, there is more value in the Costco coffee table books. I will take 50yrs of Time Life pictures over the RPG artbook. At least the Time Life book will have historical reference versus the RPG artbook that will collect dust and will be a memory when the next AAA RPG comes along.

I find no additional value in the CE or LE editions of these games -- its way for the retails to take $20 worth of plastic and mark it up 200%[/QUOTE]

You are entitled to your opinion. They make these because people buy them - if they didn't make them money, they wouldn't keep on doing it.
I can guarantee you that the artbook alone people would pay a good deal for.

[quote name='Pookymeister']If the dragon is only thing you want, im sure you can find it on ebay for $50 or so ;)[/QUOTE]

I've tried ebay the cheapest I've seen one go for is $65 the prices on there are ridiculous, I think I'll wait for the CE to drop $50 that way I can keep the dragon statue and gift the game to one of my friends

bread's done
Back