Newegg $94.99 Skyrim Limited Edition (360/PS3/PC) FS

[quote name='GBAstar']First Don't compare MW3 and Skyrim; sales wise MW3 is in its own league. I referred to it as a niche in that it is an RPG game and many casual gamers could care less about the Oblivion franchise.

Second WTF are you talking about? Walmart and Target do stock most AAA large CE's (Halo: Reach, Black Ops, etc.). Skyrim is a great game but it is not AAA in that sense. It may be for most AAA for most users on this site but come on, "Bethedsa" isn't a household name that the general public will recognize.[/QUOTE]

Oblivion franchise? Skyrim not AAA? The hell are you smoking?

$10 - $20 above the regular edition is probably what is should be still.

Let look at what you get:

"Alduin Statue. Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector's only statue stands 12" tall and is made of high quality PVC". Made in China I don't how they modeled it because 3D molding is no big deal anymore. Tops, its worth $5

"'The Art of Skyrim' Official Art Book. Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8" x 12 1/8" coffee table book" I would have to feel the paper, but considering that similar "coffee" table books at Costco which are much bigger are going for $10, that is the max I would say for the book

'The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim' DVD - This is pure, "who cares" item. They had the Mass Effect 2 making videos online and G4 had the making Mass Effect 2 mini-Series to know big audience. I will give it $5, with $1 for the DVD and $4 for the production costs.

So, right now the game is going for $60, add this useless shelf space that adds $20. So, $80 seems fair right now. Figure the game will drop to $50 by the end of January, your looking at $60 to $70 as a fair price by early next year.

The game the retailers are playing is by using the term CE or LE as if!

Its a pile of cheap plastic or picture on cheaply bound paper.

If they wanted to have something of value, they would have levels, or DLC or characters that are exclusive or allow you to have all future DLC for free -- but then people would scream who did not get this edition that they are not getting the full game, so instead, you get expensive plastic.

I LOL at people who paid over $100
I LOL at people who have to write a whole rant just to say something as simple as "it's not something I'm interested in", I get a bonus LOL over the fact that they ever thought we would care what they think, or that they LOL at us for doing something they won't do. I really LOL over how the statue should only be $5. God that makes me LOL so hard, it's actually making me LSLMNAYAM

[quote name='abhinav']Oh god, I almost checked out. Someone stop me, I should wait for a better deal[/QUOTE]

This is probably futile, as you probably already bought it. But you're about to drop a Benji on a game that could be:
1) Broken and not worth the money, much less MSRP.
2) In working order, but incomplete.
3) Both

You're only screwing yourself.

[quote name='TurboPascal']
If they wanted to have something of value, they would have levels, or DLC or characters that are exclusive or allow you to have all future DLC for free -- but then people would scream who did not get this edition that they are not getting the full game, so instead, you get expensive plastic.

[/QUOTE]

Game content is more expensive to produce than some plastic dragon from China and DLC sales can be very lucrative after a certain sales point, so outside of some skins, weapons packs, or project $10 strategies (where the content needs to be compelling enough to give consumers a reason to buy new vs used) I doubt you are going see much exclusive content in CEs.

Likewise, the promise of future DLC is a much less compelling call to action (ie buy me now!) than some over the top item like a giant honking dragon that you can see on the box. It may not appeal to you, but it will appeal to someone...probably someone who thinks dragons are awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MvTZDiGie0&feature=relmfu

While this will likely get a bit cheaper sometime in the future, I think this a really good deal myself....I had been thinking about trucking out ToysRus, a good 20 miles away from me, to pick up the standard edition for myself, but it looks like I'll get this CE delivered on Weds or Thursday and the dragon is going to make an excellent Christmas gift for a hard to buy for person I know, so two birds with one stone and no need to drive out and deal with crowds.

I expect it to get cheaper, but I had a 10% coupon and the $40 off gift card from google (+fatcash), so I jumped on it.Anyway, I actually need another one because my 10 y.o kid hijacked my copy. I'm glad he likes it though. Can't get my 15 y.o. to play anything other than shooters.

Edited to add that fatwallet cashback worked. That's an extra 2.29, or roughly 2.5%

Last edited by a moderator:
I made this thread and I just couldn't pull the trigger.

$100? Umm.
$75? Now we're talkin'.
$50? Hell yes.

[quote name='TurboPascal']$10 - $20 above the regular edition is probably what is should be still.

Let look at what you get:

"Alduin Statue. Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector's only statue stands 12" tall and is made of high quality PVC". Made in China I don't how they modeled it because 3D molding is no big deal anymore. Tops, its worth $5

"'The Art of Skyrim' Official Art Book. Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8" x 12 1/8" coffee table book" I would have to feel the paper, but considering that similar "coffee" table books at Costco which are much bigger are going for $10, that is the max I would say for the book

'The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim' DVD - This is pure, "who cares" item. They had the Mass Effect 2 making videos online and G4 had the making Mass Effect 2 mini-Series to know big audience. I will give it $5, with $1 for the DVD and $4 for the production costs.

So, right now the game is going for $60, add this useless shelf space that adds $20. So, $80 seems fair right now. Figure the game will drop to $50 by the end of January, your looking at $60 to $70 as a fair price by early next year.

The game the retailers are playing is by using the term CE or LE as if!

Its a pile of cheap plastic or picture on cheaply bound paper.

I LOL at people who paid over $100[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, but it should not be $80. From reports, the statue is pretty good quality. Also, you have to take into account how much more it costs Bethesda to ship those huge boxes.

The game sold for $40 at TRU yesterday

the extras are about $20 extra is right

and with all the CE on sale from BB recently I believe that this will soon follow around spring/summer

[quote name='Japakneez']Dammit. Not only does CAG have lawyers, we have professional appraisers as well![/QUOTE]

clueless appraisers at that..

Damn! I should be able to get a new top end computer for under $100 bucks! I mean its only a little bit of metal and wiring with some plastic.

[quote name='Japakneez']Dammit. Not only does CAG have lawyers, we have professional appraisers as well![/QUOTE]

Some of us actually have law degrees and bar memberships.

[quote name='Coltin']Same here. Although I'll probably wait for it to drop a bit more than that, since I already have the regular edition lol. But I want that dragon[/QUOTE]
The dragon statue looks really cheesy/cheap. The one Gamestop out of town had that and the artbook it comes with on display. The artbook is nice though and has a leather-ish looking cover to it. But it's definitely not $149.99(or even $94.99) nice imo.

I don't know why so many MFers on here complain that L.E. does not equal low print...

I know you feel lousy that you paid the premium on release to get this but get the fuck outta this god damn forum if you don't like the idea of picking up a $150 bundle w/ shit load of goodies from your favorite games for $50 or less.

I'm happy as fuck when i see $150 bundles on clearance for $25 at BB!!

[quote name='Antipodes']Skyrim is not niche. Ohi google search:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88459/skyrim-sales-exceed-34-million-units-in-two-days/
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/39236/Skyrim_Claims_UK_Sales_Christmas_Number_One.php

When Amazon included it in the collector's edition sale shortly after release (although at a modest discount), that was a big clue to me that it was overproduced. I'm hoping Best Buy will have one of their amazing sales on it, especially with the way they have been aggressively clearing out large items in their warehouses.[/QUOTE]

LOL @ linking VGChartz tho..................

[quote name='aznhero913']I don't know why so many MFers on here complain that L.E. does not equal low print...

I know you feel lousy that you paid the premium on release to get this but get the fuck outta this god damn forum if you don't like the idea of picking up a $150 bundle w/ shit load of goodies from your favorite games for $50 or less.

I'm happy as fuck when i see $150 bundles on clearance for $25 at BB!![/QUOTE]

This!!!

Some of us actually have law degrees and bar memberships.
...and what better place to put it to use than an internet forum? I kid though, I actually studied law at Columbia and almost made partner at Von Karma, Edgeworth and Gavin LLP.

I don't know why so many MFers on here complain that L.E. does not equal low print...

I know you feel lousy that you paid the premium on release to get this but get the outta this god damn forum if you don't like the idea of picking up a $150 bundle w/ shit load of goodies from your favorite games for $50 or less.

I'm happy as when i see $150 bundles on clearance for $25 at BB!!
Swear words! I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing, from my perspective nearly everyone here seems to be in the "I can wait on a better deal" camp.

bread's done
Back