Newegg: Animal Crossing New Leaf Preorder $29.99 DEAD, MGR Revengence 360/PS3 $39.99

[quote name='Pixie Stix 88']Guess i waited to long. Meh oh well its only $5 anyways.[/QUOTE]

It will probably come back in stock. If I see it I'll PM you. If you happen to see it I'd appreciate it if you'll do the same. But since I work in front of a computer till midnight every night I'll probably beat you lol unless it comes out like at 6 am when I'm sleeping.

Whoops, waiting too long. Couldn't decide if I should've preordered AC or look to pick it up as part of a B2G1 with some other 3DS/Vita games I want.

darn wish i hadnt pulled an all nighter and slept all day would have loved to swap my 40 dollar w 10 dollar gift card preorder for this one

[quote name='mpaullin']I wonder what the odds are that I can do a price adjustment at Best Buy for MGR. I bought it on release day and am Silver. So its been within 60 days and I bought it before the PM policy changed...[/QUOTE]

Technically it should be fine since it is under the old price match policy for silvers. So you should have no problems, hopefully.

Damn, it would've been nice to get Revengeance with the preorder bonus and then post-purchase PM as a Silver member. Lesson learned: buy every game at launch and work it out later.

So will Animal Crossing get release day shipping even though I selected the free 3-Day?

I went ahead and ordered this morning.

[quote name='Dranakin']Damn, it would've been nice to get Revengeance with the preorder bonus and then post-purchase PM as a Silver member. Lesson learned: buy every game at launch and work it out later.[/QUOTE]
LOL. That's not sounding very CAG, but you have the same sickness that probably 90% of us here have...

[quote name='AwRy108']EVERYONE: please submit the Metal Gear Rising price to Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for being that guy. I have a coupon code I'd like to use at Amazon if they matched. If not, I'll wait.

[quote name='Cofresi']Any comment on Rising? worth playing it or just wait for a price drop?[/QUOTE]

Supposed to be great, but only you can determine how much you'd be willing to pay for it. The game is made by Platinum Games and translated by 8-4 Studios, so, IMHO, it's worth paying $40 for just to support those two great teams.

[quote name='SunDevil77']So will Animal Crossing get release day shipping even though I selected the free 3-Day?

I went ahead and ordered this morning.[/QUOTE]

I know you would get release day shipping for Tuesday releases even for three day shipping depending on where you live. A Newegg warehouse is in NJ and I'm in NYC though. However I never preordered a game that had a Sunday release on Newegg or Amazon. Anyone know if mail is delivered on Sunday in this case?

[quote name='GBAstar']Is animal crossing's MSRP $34.99 or $39.99? Amazon has it at $34.99 and if that is the case I think I'm going to wait for a better discount[/QUOTE]

Gamestop.com is also listing it at $34.99.

[quote name='Cofresi']Any comment on Rising? worth playing it or just wait for a price drop?[/QUOTE]
Very good game. The story is meh, but the action is awesome! Think Ninja Gaiden with the ability to precisely aim what body parts to slice off. I finished it and my brother plays it whenever he comes over. If you have nothing else to play right now, this is easily worth $40. Otherwise just wait for a bigger drop. I can see this being $30 in another month or so.

[quote name='malethief']I know you would get release day shipping for Tuesday releases even for three day shipping depending on where you live. A Newegg warehouse is in NJ and I'm in NYC though. However I never preordered a game that had a Sunday release on Newegg or Amazon. Anyone know if mail is delivered on Sunday in this case?[/QUOTE]

No, there's no Sunday mail delivery by any carrier. I typically get Newegg new releases about 3 days after the game comes out and I'm in VA. I'm sure it varies by location.

[quote name='malethief']I know you would get release day shipping for Tuesday releases even for three day shipping depending on where you live. A Newegg warehouse is in NJ and I'm in NYC though. However I never preordered a game that had a Sunday release on Newegg or Amazon. Anyone know if mail is delivered on Sunday in this case?[/QUOTE]

Well I dunno if it was laziness of the ups by me, cause it sat in their warehouse all Saturday, but I got it Monday and I live near Rochester NY.

:\ Has Newegg become even more popular now or something? I'm noticing their deals either end faster these days or items are sold out much more quickly. :whistle2:# Who spread the word that they don't charge tax and offer free 3 day shipping?!

[quote name='yokofox33']Decent price on Animal Crossing, but I'm done with pre-orders from Newegg. My copy of Luigi's Mansion STILL hasn't arrived and CS seems unwilling to help me even though the game should have arrived by now.[/QUOTE]

I recently didn't even receive a shipment from them, it says it was UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED in the tracking, I messaged them and they gave me my money back, but that was still weird, first time it has ever happened from Newegg

[quote name='SW4J']Tell me about it, Newegg customer service has been atrocious on all pre-orders I placed with their promotions from last year. They are trying to screw us out of the money, and it's downright deceitful.

With the Wii U Pro controllers that released in November...they decided not to ship. Then in January they said they were out of stock and discontinued, and canceled my order. The following day they had them in stock full price. I had to get someone in chat to credit me for the promotion and replace the order.

With LEGO City: Undercover it was $12 off...but they charged $60 instead of the launch price of $50. Not bad right? Newegg has a low-price guarantee. Well the woman I spoke with kept saying that they had no such guarantee despite it being displayed on the product page, and that they could not "price match" the item. I tried telling her it wasn't a price match but an adjustment as per their own policies, but she kept repeating that it wasn't possible. Finally I had to get a manager on who eventually said he'd credit me but that it "wasn't company policy". I wonder if either of them actually know their own company's policies.

Frankly Newegg has been shady as hell the past few months. I'm going to do business with them as infrequently as possible, which is a shame as I love the lack of tax for a New Yorker.[/QUOTE]
Newegg is bs and i keep buying but when issues happen you screwed... They stole money from me and never shipped thank god bank fixed. There cs are a bunch of shady stuckup ahats. But i still buy..... :cry:

I feel bad for all of you that have problems with NewEgg. I never once had a complaint about their service. Everything always comes quickly and in pristine condition. Always pleased with their service.

Gamestop.com and Amazon are both listing Animal Crossing as $35. Amazon doesn't even say it's marked down, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't the MSRP. Still $5 off isn't bad if you don't have any issues with Newegg's shipping.

Edit: and here I am noticing the deal is dead anyway.

I see that under my Best Buy reward zone offers it show a $10 off coupon for MGR Revengence. Do you know if I can price match newegg at best buy and use the coupon to make it to $30?

[quote name='gleegenk']I see that under my Best Buy reward zone offers it show a $10 off coupon for MGR Revengence. Do you know if I can price match newegg at best buy and use the coupon to make it to $30?[/QUOTE]
It'll only work if you talk the cashier/manager into overriding it.

[quote name='gleegenk']I see that under my Best Buy reward zone offers it show a $10 off coupon for MGR Revengence. Do you know if I can price match newegg at best buy and use the coupon to make it to $30?[/QUOTE]

Manager most likely will say it is double dipping. So, YMMV.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I feel bad for all of you that have problems with NewEgg. I never once had a complaint about their service. Everything always comes quickly and in pristine condition. Always pleased with their service.[/QUOTE]

Really? Cause I have yet to have them fully full fill any order I place during a sale. The "big ticket" sale items always get cancelled (if they are even in stock) leaving me with the crappier games/items (which I then cancel myself anyways).

I am not el hoardo either, I never buy more than 1 copy of any game. Doesn't stop them from cancelling any worthwhile sale items I try to buy from them though.

[quote name='rcerboss']Really? Cause I have yet to have them fully full fill any order I place during a sale. The "big ticket" sale items always get cancelled (if they are even in stock) leaving me with the crappier games/items (which I then cancel myself anyways).[/QUOTE]

Well, to be honest, I never have delved into the sale games.

I pretty much only use them for pre-orders, since they seem to always have some kind of deal on them. As far as my pre-orders go, never a fault. (Even my Ragnarok Odyssey Merc Edition came pristine.)

[quote name='litepink']Just needed the Animal Crossing deal to last until I got home from work :cry:[/QUOTE]
It's ok, you're still better off buying it digitally since you need to revisit it every single day.

The convenience is worth the extra few dollars.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']It's ok, you're still better off buying it digitally since you need to revisit it every single day.

The convenience is worth the extra few dollars.[/QUOTE]

At least until you drop your 3DS. Or forget it at a bus/hotel. Or spill something on it. Or have it stolen.

Then you have to go through Nintendos long, tedious process to get it back (unless you lose your 3DS in which case you are just plain screwed).

[quote name='rcerboss']At least until you drop your 3DS. Or forget it at a bus/hotel. Or spill something on it.

Then you have to go through Nintendo to get it back (unless you lose your 3DS in which case you are just plain screwed).[/QUOTE]

If you lose your 3DS with the physical Animal Crossing cartridge in it, then you're still losing the game. It's the same thing either way.

[quote name='Jon7']If you lose your 3DS with the physical Animal Crossing cartridge in it, then you're still losing the game. It's the same thing either way.[/QUOTE]

That is true, but unless you keep all your games in some sort of carrying case or something, then you only lose the one game as opposed to all of them if you "go digital". If you damage the system then your cart will likely survive.

Either way I think we can all agree that the absence of an account system on 3DS is ridiculous. Having to go through Nintendo's lame song and dance just for the chance to recover your digital purchases isn't something I think anyone in 2013 should be willing to tolerate. But if you were going to buy any game digitally, and memory isn't an issue, I can think of no better than AC except maybe SSB.

There is virtually no incentive to buying digital on the 3DS or Wii U. With Nintendo's online history and the restrictions that come with the digital games, I don't see how it's worth it at all.

[quote name='nintendospy']There is virtually no incentive to buying digital on the 3DS or Wii U. With Nintendo's online history and the restrictions that come with the digital games, I don't see how it's worth it at all.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Getting bundles like the Mart Kart 7 digital copy w/ an XL for $159 from Target was pretty nice. Other than that, only buying physical for now.

5 system transfers my ass. My cartridges transfer forever.

[quote name='nintendospy']There is virtually no incentive to buying digital on the 3DS or Wii U. With Nintendo's online history and the restrictions that come with the digital games, I don't see how it's worth it at all.[/QUOTE]

Only real incentive is to buy games you cant buy on sale in stores and with the deluxe wii u you get a % back I forget how much I think it's like 10% or something but yeah. better than nothing.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']It's ok, you're still better off buying it digitally since you need to revisit it every single day.

The convenience is worth the extra few dollars.[/QUOTE]

Is it really that hard to keep the cart inside of the system or to insert the cartridge in and out when necessary? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Rozz']Is it really that hard to keep the cart inside of the system or to insert the cartridge in and out when necessary? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Some of us don't carry all of our games around with us.

[quote name='rcerboss']That is true, but unless you keep all your games in some sort of carrying case or something, then you only lose the one game as opposed to all of them if you "go digital". If you damage the system then your cart will likely survive.

Either way I think we can all agree that the absence of an account system on 3DS is ridiculous. Having to go through Nintendo's lame song and dance just for the chance to recover your digital purchases isn't something I think anyone in 2013 should be willing to tolerate. But if you were going to buy any game digitally, and memory isn't an issue, I can think of no better than AC except maybe SSB.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm with you guys on 95% of the 3DS/Wii U content, but this is definitely an exception. I could very well see the convenience of having this always be at hand (while having another cart-based game like Fire Emblem in there). And, actually, this is one case where as much of a pain as Nintendo's digital distribution is, at least there is some potential recourse to getting it back if it is lost/stolen/destroyed. That wouldn't happen at all with a cart - and I figure AC will be in most people's 3DS's pretty continuously, at least for 3-6 months after it comes out.

I still have a $29.99 Newegg order (done with a $10 off coupon long ago). But like others, I've had them cancel that sort of stuff on me before so who knows. I might put in a GS preorder as well since I have lots of credit there. But in the end, I might just buy a digital copy for my 3DS. I might still give a cart version to my son though. Since this is a game you can't really share anyway that's another reason having one tied to your particular system isn't too bad in this case.

[quote name='AwRy108']Supposed to be great, but only you can determine how much you'd be willing to pay for it. The game is made by Platinum Games and translated by 8-4 Studios, so, IMHO, it's worth paying $40 for just to support those two great teams.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lilman']Very good game. The story is meh, but the action is awesome! Think Ninja Gaiden with the ability to precisely aim what body parts to slice off. I finished it and my brother plays it whenever he comes over. If you have nothing else to play right now, this is easily worth $40. Otherwise just wait for a bigger drop. I can see this being $30 in another month or so.[/QUOTE]

After playing the demo, i have to say that yes u worth the price, killing Gekko's is pretty damn funny. now is definitely on my radar next to DMC.

Anyone get their game yet?  Surprised it missed the Wednesday mark (I never receive my pre-orders from Newegg any later than that)... :whistle2:( .

Anyone get their game yet? Surprised it missed the Wednesday mark (I never receive my pre-orders from Newegg any later than that)... :whistle2:( .
Got my game yesterday, but I'm still waiting on my 3DS XL AC Bundle. They sent me tracking on Monday, and it hasn't shown a single scan. I contacted CS yesterday, and they have not replied yet. That eggsaver shipping is getting worse, and worse.

Got my game yesterday, but I'm still waiting on my 3DS XL AC Bundle. They sent me tracking on Monday, and it hasn't shown a single scan. I contacted CS yesterday, and they have not replied yet. That eggsaver shipping is getting worse, and worse.

Anyone get their game yet? Surprised it missed the Wednesday mark (I never receive my pre-orders from Newegg any later than that)... :whistle2:( .
Finally got an expected delivery date of June 18th. Fedex btw.

My bundle is in limbo. I think they oversold their allotment.

My bundle is in limbo. I think they oversold their allotment.
Sorry to hear that. Mine, at the very least, shipped. What's infuriating though is that it looks like they only shipped it out yesterday. Dafuq? And I hate how they don't allow the ShopRunner option on their pre-orders... :bomb: .

bread's done
Back