Newegg Clearance: Rock Band Drum Set for Xbox 360/PS3 $49.99 shipped

I'm just looking for a cheap copy of the game by itself. All I want is drums, and perhaps in a few months I'll get a wireless RB guitar.

newegg has a slightly higher price (one dollar more than Amazon), but they ship much faster than Amazon. I don't know how fast Walmart ships, nor how long ship-to-store takes. In any case, you can't go wrong with newegg and it's a good deal.

[quote name='Venkman']I'm just looking for a cheap copy of the game by itself. All I want is drums, and perhaps in a few months I'll get a wireless RB guitar.[/QUOTE]

I got the game used off of EBGames.com for $37 shipped using my EDGE card and the CAG16 code. Coupled with the Guitar Hero III + X-plorer that Wal-Mart had for $40 and the Amazon Drum Set deal, I got the full set-up for $126ish and had the bonus of having another game to play when I complete the Rock Band campaigns.

[quote name='vater5b2113']I got the game used off of EBGames.com for $37 shipped using my EDGE card and the CAG16 code. Coupled with the Guitar Hero III + X-plorer that Wal-Mart had for $40 and the Amazon Drum Set deal, I got the full set-up for $126ish and had the bonus of having another game to play when I complete the Rock Band campaigns.[/QUOTE]

Wow. What model drums did you get- EL, QM, or SL? That's my biggest worry. I may go to a store this weekend and just pay the extra money to make sure I get a decent model, and not the EL line.

[quote name='Venkman']Wow. What model drums did you get- EL, QM, or SL? That's my biggest worry. I may go to a store this weekend and just pay the extra money to make sure I get a decent model, and not the EL line.[/quote]

I honestly don't know the difference... ^_^;;

[quote name='Venkman']Wow. What model drums did you get- EL, QM, or SL? That's my biggest worry. I may go to a store this weekend and just pay the extra money to make sure I get a decent model, and not the EL line.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to check which model it is on the outside of the box? Also, what are the differences between the 3 models?

now that i know the difference, i just checked the amazon set i got a few weeks ago and i got the EL line (i think). do i really care? is there really that much of a difference? how does the MTV/Harmonix return policy work if you find it not functional or your pedal snaps or something?

I want to know how you tell on the outside. I'll buy the whole set if it means I don't get the EL set.

I would rather just buy the drums, but getting the whole set is fine, too.

Bought a drum set from GS today and I got an EL line...

Is it bad? If it is, I'll just bring it back tomorrow.

Here is some quick info in regards to the different versions of the drums.

EL - lower sensitivity, somewhat easy to crack if you play hard
QM - very high sensitivity (needs a dampening mod), more durable
SL - medium/high sensitivity, most durable

bread's done
Back