Newegg.com 360 Kameo, Viva Pinata, Prey, PDZ ($10 shipped)

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Great deal on Duck Hunt Preorder for Wii[/QUOTE]

Tax for New Jersey kills the deal.

Kameo and Viva Pinata are great at those prices. I have a price alert set if Stranglehold ever dips to $10 again as well.

Kameo is a must-own for 360 owners. One I had heard going for $10 at various times but had missed previously was Prey. Finally got in on one now.

Thanks.

[quote name='Ice Cold']I don't think that collectively Kameo, Viva Pinata, Prey, PDZ are worth $10.

[/QUOTE]

Thank God nobody seems to care what you think....... $9.99 for games which received 8 or above out of 10 is a no brainer. Are they going to be games that people are absolutely crazy about? Probably not but there is definitely $10.00 worth of entertainment contained within these games. $20-$50...I would have never considered buying these games.

I love this time of year and hate it. I hate picking and choosing between which deals to snag up. I'd love to get fear, pdz, and kameo.

BTW, if you are using this, don't forget to use a rebate service like live cashback or fatwallet ;)

[quote name='Anexanhume']I love this time of year and hate it. I hate picking and choosing between which deals to snag up. I'd love to get fear, pdz, and kameo.

BTW, if you are using this, don't forget to use a rebate service like live cashback or fatwallet ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Live cashback works with Newegg? Tell me more.

Please, people, don't fall for PDZ or Prey. Two of the most disappointing games I've ever purchased... especially PDZ, which is just awful.

I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Viva Pinata = outstanding game. Sold well over 1 million. It is 'different' but appeals to all age groups. I have friends that are die hard Gears warriors, and yet love Viva Pinata. This price is a steal.

Kameo = outstanding launch game. Platformer style, controls are different, but you will be amazed with the quality of this launch game. Again, for this price especially, a very good game, but totally different than mainstream (like Viva pinata).

PDZ = based on todays standards, not that great a shooter. At launch, and for the next many months till Gears 1 came out, it was one of the most played games on the box. Multiplayer was really fun. That being said, 3 years latter, there are just too many better games out there, so I would not recommend.

Prey = I have not played yet, but I am tempted. I'll read up a little mor about it.

Sweet,

I'm going to get Prey for sure, I really liked the demo. I borrowed Kameo for a while and got frustrated with the controls. I liked some parts of it, but got annoyed at the snow level and sliding around everywhere. The fairy you play controls like a semi. Hmmmm, maybe I'll give it another chance.

Prey is fun. You'll only play through it once but it's worth the play. Some neat portal puzzles involving rotating rooms/shrinking etc. It's been a while but I did not regret it.

[quote name='kicking222']Please, people, don't fall for PDZ or Prey. Two of the most disappointing games I've ever purchased... especially PDZ, which is just awful.[/quote]

Maybe it's because I had no expectations for Prey, especially in a post-Portal world, but I had the opposite reaction in finding it one of the most pleasantly surprising budget purchases on the 360.

Also, to continue on with Newegg....not sure (like OP said) if this has been posted anywhere else but they have some good prices on some 360 titles now.

Orange Box is $20 with free ship and Blue Dragon is $15 with free ship too. May be worth checking out.

I just played through Prey and thought it was well worth the $3.19 I paid for it at GS a whiile back when I found it in the 50% off bin. It's worth $10, but can be had at GS for around $5.60 with the 20% off coupon + EDGE.

[quote name='pagster']Some of these may be reposts - but I figured it'd be nice to consolidate the deals into one thread.

:360: Kameo ($10 shipped)
:360: Viva Pinata ($10 shipped)
:360: Prey ($10 shipped)
:360: Perfect Dark Zero ($10 shipped)

Please close if there's something similar.[/quote]

My opinion is better than the opinions of those who disagree. :) I've played all of them but Kameo. Viva is a must have, unless you're planning to get the improved (but not drastically) sequel. Prey is a lot of fun, and at $10, why not? PDZ made me really unhappy at first, then made me laugh a lot, then made me glad I didn't buy it. I don't think it's worth $10. :S

And finally, Kameo--had good buzz around it when it released. I think it's worth $10. Now, I'm off to purchase it.

Now's my chance to snag Viva Pinata for $10. The last time that opportunity came was last year when gogamer had it for $10 (but with s/h costs, whereas newegg has free s/h)

bread's done
Back