Newegg.com Rock Band Special Edition xbox 360: open box $129.99

Just to specify, Open box means everything is with it but something is wrong with the box right?

Generally it means it was purchased and returned. I picked one up when they had this same price a couple weeks ago. Mine came with everything, and was in excellent condition. There was one minor scratch on the guitar, but other than that it basically looked like new.

The guitar does have an issue with the upstrum, but I think that's more of a known issue with the controller rather than because it was open box, and EA will replace it if I request one, AFAIK.

the contents of a closed package are all in there. newegg sells alot of open box things for discount. plus, since all the instruments have a lifetime warranty there is no worry if they work or not when you buy things like that.

Lifetime warranty? It's only 60 days last I checked.

It's bad when the game includes a flyer inside the box telling you shit might be busted and to go to a website if that's the case, as well as a sticker on the outside of the box telling you shit might be busted. Even when I got it, the store had their own flyer saying shit might be busted. Plenty of evidence that the failure rate for this game's hardware is significant.

I know it's dead already, but for anyone thinking about buying if it comes back: I bought it from newegg a few weeks ago and was very happy with my purchase.

The game itself seemed to be brand new, it was sealed in plastic + had authenticity stickers.

All the instruments seemed to be packaged well and the only issue is that the guitar made a strange rattling sound, but it works just fine.

Lifetime warranty? It's only 60 days last I checked.

It's bad when the game includes a flyer inside the box telling you shit might be busted and to go to a website if that's the case, as well as a sticker on the outside of the box telling you shit might be busted. Even when I got it, the store had their own flyer saying shit might be busted. Plenty of evidence that the failure rate for this game's hardware is significant.

I know it's dead already, but for anyone thinking about buying if it comes back: I bought it from newegg a few weeks ago and was very happy with my purchase.

The game itself seemed to be brand new, it was sealed in plastic + had authenticity stickers.

All the instruments seemed to be packaged well and the only issue is that the guitar made a strange rattling sound, but it works just fine.

Just wanted to give some advice in case it comes back, DON'T BUY THIS. They only sent me the drums and the guitar, if i want the rest its gonna end up costing more than the bundle to start with.

[quote name='J35U5']Just wanted to give some advice in case it comes back, DON'T BUY THIS. They only sent me the drums and the guitar, if i want the rest its gonna end up costing more than the bundle to start with.[/QUOTE]

Did you contact Newegg about this? Everyone else (myself included), received the complete package with all items in excellent condition. If they won't provide a replacement, or the game and the mic, at the very least you should be able to return the entire package and only be out the shipping. Newegg has a very good reputation for their customer service.

[quote name='bobtheape']I know it's dead already, but for anyone thinking about buying if it comes back: I bought it from newegg a few weeks ago and was very happy with my purchase.

All the instruments seemed to be packaged well and the only issue is that the guitar made a strange rattling sound, but it works just fine.[/QUOTE]

This is most likely the motion sensor (for overdrive mode) and is normal.

worth it?

edit.. amazon has this new for 149.99 so i may jump on this tomm... (have 50 in coupons so it would be $99 new shipped with 2 day!!! for me)

Just in case you're worried about the instruments, EA and Harmonix have a fairly liberal return policy for malfunctioning controllers. Do to some incomplete QA testing, a lot of the original issue instruments had some defects. I had no problems replacing a wonky Strat. There are people who bought this game in November that our still swapping out broken instruments, well past the 60 day warranty.

As for the incomplete set, RETURN, RETURN, RETURN. They shouldn't be reselling incomplete items like that. It's not a bundle unless all of the components are there.

In any event, (call me a fan boy if you wish), Rock Band was definitely worth every penny I've put towards it. If you can get it at a steal, go for it.

I just wish I could convince my wife that we have room for Rockband (we don't) so I guess for the time being I'll look for the game only to play with my GH3 controller.

FYI, I think I got the last one when this was back in stock and it arrived yesterday. The boxes were open, but all of the plastic bags were still sealed, so good as new.

Jump on it if it comes back in stock.

[quote name='pirateghost']the contents of a closed package are all in there. newegg sells alot of open box things for discount. plus, since all the instruments have a lifetime warranty there is no worry if they work or not when you buy things like that.[/QUOTE]

do they sell any open box 47 1080p lcd hdtv

bread's done
Back