Newegg- Crackdown 2 $30

Never did get around to playing this. I was going to, but just never found myself in the mood for the Crackdown gameplay.

I wonder what this will be come Black Friday/Cyber Monday...

Yea I'm waiting for $20. I loved the first game in its time but this one seems like an odd remake based on the demo.

I can't even remember where I got mine from or how much, but I was really disappointed by it. The reviews that say it's more like Crackdown 1.5 are spot on. I'd say $30 is a fair price, but $20 would have been preferable for me now that I played it.

Game is more like Crackdown .5 ... They took most of the fun aspects out. No bosses, very repetitive enemies and the map is exactly the same as the first game but actually has less detail to it. As a big fan of the first game, they probably could not have left me more disappointed. Buy with caution ...

[quote name='groundskeeper']$20 is my price point on this.

Hoping for black Friday deal.[/QUOTE]

IIRC I believe you can get this for $20 @ Best Buy after you use a $20 off coupon from their gaming mag. Granted the magazine isn't free, but there's a few other really good coupons in there to help justify the cost.

[quote name='etcrane']Game is more like Crackdown .5 ... They took most of the fun aspects out. No bosses, very repetitive enemies and the map is exactly the same as the first game but actually has less detail to it. As a big fan of the first game, they probably could not have left me more disappointed. Buy with caution ...[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering if this will hit $10 like the original did. I'd really like it for $10 or $15; will consider it for $20. But I'm not sure because honestly when I have a feel for Crackdown, I just pop the first in for a bit. It's still pretty enjoyable for me.

The first is still fun ... but seriously, this game kills alot of that fun. Basically, if you use Keys to the City when you first get the game, you can see everything in 5 minutes.

An awesome sequel to Crackdown, imo .. would have improved the AI of the enemies and especially boss characters, as I always found that to be a weakness in the first game. But the bosses in the 1st game add to the replay value because you could use Keys to buff your character and then find creative ways to take them out with new weapons.

In 2, once you've explored the map, that's it. There are 9 missions to activate beacons and these are exactly the same, not even like going into the bases in CD1. Then 3 Freak Lairs to clear ... which sound cool until you realize these are just 3 pits that have terrible design and nothing worth exploring in more detail. When you do the Freak lairs on a mission, all the freaks do is run at the bomb ... they don't even directly engage you in most cases ... poor poor AI.

The only somewhat amusing thing I could find in CD2 was the giant toilet under the Agency HQ ... and even that does nothing.

Frankly it makes me really sad that Ruffian is still up and running after this game and Real Time Worlds has shut down. At least there was a lingering hope in my mind they could come back and salvage the license for the 3. Instead Ruffian has been left to try and reach the same level of the first game, if they even get enough revenue to make a third game.

Honestly, I wouldn't even buy this for $10 ... I suppose the only upside is the 4 player co-op ... but the game and world get boring fast and who will be playing this by the time it hits $10? Just a really sad state of affairs for a game I had such high hopes for.

I enjoyed this game, but I never played the first. I think whether or not you played the first one will define whether or not you like this game.

Well the missions are fun in crackdown 1 and are fun in the 1.5 in my eyes version. The problem is the missions do not take long to finish them and the fun drops to a crawl after they are done. I loved collecting orbs and such in CD1 but come on doing it all over again jeez! They added some nice co op stuff but man this game would of been godly back in the day but these days it is only worth a rental or buy it for $20 new or 10 used. If you never played CD1 then collecting orbs and such will be pretty fun. I actually like the first one better cause of the boss fights but again it took no time at all to beat all the missions then you are left with just wandering around collecting orbs for like 48 hours or longer worth of time.

Yeah, it's safe to say that this is only going to keep dropping more and more.

I was quite disappointed with the content and game play as it was nowhere close to the same experience as the first one.

I'll grab it for $5, which means I'll probably never get it.

bread's done
Back