Newegg - Daily Deal - Sin and Punishment 2 - $42.99 + FS

This deserves a bump. A nice price for day one of this game if you can't or have no desire to take advantage of BB's B1G1. Of course, I imagine this one will drop like a rock and am planning accordingly.

The game itself is very good but the ABSOLUTE FIRST THING YOU MUST DO is change the controls. You can't succeed with Melee mapped to "Tap the shot button." The melee focused boss will kick in your nuts and serve them with beer if you can't manage a graceful melee combo and Tap Shot just won't cut it, and switching control schemes halfway through will suck.

[quote name='RollingSkull']This deserves a bump. A nice price for day one of this game if you can't or have no desire to take advantage of BB's B1G1. Of course, I imagine this one will drop like a rock and am planning accordingly.

The game itself is very good but the ABSOLUTE FIRST THING YOU MUST DO is change the controls. You can't succeed with Melee mapped to "Tap the shot button." The melee focused boss will kick in your nuts and serve them with beer if you can't manage a graceful melee combo and Tap Shot just won't cut it, and switching control schemes halfway through will suck.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I didn't have much of an issue with the tap shot with the first boss that you must resort to melee on. But whatever makes it easier and more fun for people is good.

[quote name='RollingSkull']This deserves a bump. A nice price for day one of this game if you can't or have no desire to take advantage of BB's B1G1. Of course, I imagine this one will drop like a rock and am planning accordingly.

The game itself is very good but the ABSOLUTE FIRST THING YOU MUST DO is change the controls. You can't succeed with Melee mapped to "Tap the shot button." The melee focused boss will kick in your nuts and serve them with beer if you can't manage a graceful melee combo and Tap Shot just won't cut it, and switching control schemes halfway through will suck.[/QUOTE]

How do you recommend we play it? I found tap to slash frustrating.

[quote name='Volcynika']Not sure, but I didn't have much of an issue with the tap shot with the first boss that you must resort to melee on. But whatever makes it easier and more fun for people is good.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't TOO bad but that tapping just had unintuitive timing and it bugged me all game. In S&P1 it didn't matter quite so much but now SP2 is 99% REFLECT REFLECT REFLECT REFLECT REFLECT (Treasure plays with a gimmick the way a six year old would. Eugh.) and then that boss where you have to strike with melee at the right time and it's enough to be annoying.

How do you recommend we play it? I found tap to slash frustrating.
Just configure a dedicated melee button. Lockon/Charge is still a quite nice combo but you need to get melee on it's own button.

If you need to drop a button, move Jump to some out of the way place. You need the dodge move, it's a Treasure game and if they give you a dodge move you are naturally expected to spam it, but since you always have jetpacks and can just press up to fly with utmost precision, the jump button is extraneous.

Note that you will find the jump button useful for one level where you're in a vehicle, so don't move it where you can't reach it, or just consider swapping jump in for something else.

The game has considerable control customization options. It just hides them five layers deep in the menu.

bread's done
Back