Newegg Games Blowout Sale El Shaddai 14.99 Crackdown 2 7.99 + More

[quote name='dieresis']Thanks, OP.

And thanks, shadowkast. Like that other guy, you reminded me that I had that Google Offer from 3 months ago! I picked up 4 games because of it:
1) Crackdown 2 (really cheap! and I loved the original)
2) Just Cause 2 (there was a thread dedicated to this game, so I had to pick it up)
and two games that aren't part of the blowout, but are great deals:
3) Band Hero (cheapest Newegg game and it has easy achievements)
4) Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition (with the $40 credit that I got for $20, it's almost as if I got this game for half-off)[/QUOTE] nicely done. The last blood drive thread is what reminded me before it expired. I ended up with blood drive, el shaddai, and afrika for $30 OOP. Not bad but could have been better. Always wanted to try afrika

[quote name='maybeimalion17']Finally going to give in and buy Eternal Sonata again. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Almost got me excited except that it is the 360 version that is on sale, not the PS3 version.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']For people thinking about Blood Drive I just did some reading on it and apparently it is a horribile game (and the achievements take FOREVER to get).[/QUOTE]

Maybe I am in the minority, but achievements should have NO bearing on whether you want to buy a game or not.

[quote name='Ryuu555']Maybe I am in the minority, but achievements should have NO bearing on whether you want to buy a game or not.[/QUOTE]

People like different games for different reasons.

[quote name='Rodster']OK thanks, cancelled order may skip the PS3 version as well as i'm running out of HDD space and I read this game requires 4.5GB install.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I bought a 750GB HDD from working during the Black Friday sale. I installed that new HDD, and I have more than enough space for games, downloads, installs you name it. I'm still waiting on El Shaddai though. Maybe I could PM at work. I just won't get to it any time soon.... No tax...that's tempting.

That price works for Gears 3 epic. If Amazon wasn't sold out, I'd say no. While Best Buy still has them, I'm not going to risk them selling out like they did with the Move Mayhem bundle, which I sadly missed out on after watching off and on for 2 months.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm glad I bought a 750GB HDD from working during the Black Friday sale. I installed that new HDD, and I have more than enough space for games, downloads, installs you name it. I'm still waiting on El Shaddai though. Maybe I could PM at work. I just won't get to it any time soon.... No tax...that's tempting.[/QUOTE]
Yeah my problem is I have downloaded so much stuff (Gigs and Gigs) I don't want to go back thru my download history and figure out what I need. I also don't want to re-download all the GT5 updates.

So I got the 360 version instead.

Got Crackdown 2 and Gears 3 Epic Edition to replace my regular edition. Thanks, OP! I was tempted to get Operation Flashpoint but ultimately decided to pass.

Very tempted by the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition, but I only want the statue. Is that worth the $80 (minus whatever I can get on ebay for my regular GoW3)?

[quote name='WingsDJY']Very tempted by the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition, but I only want the statue. Is that worth the $80 (minus whatever I can get on ebay for my regular GoW3)?[/QUOTE]

I believe the limited edition is included with the epic edition (maybe minus the slipcover) so if you only want to keep the statue, you can resell essentially a LE Gears 3.

Gears 3 epic is now sold out. Looks like $80 was the magic number for this LE. Something to think about when Skyrim LEs drop to $80.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']any opinions on operation flashpoint red river? Is it better than dragon rising?[/QUOTE]
I liked it better than OFDR, definitely worth it

I didn't think GOW3 Epic was going to sell out. I'm glad I decided to get it. I already got a shipping confirmation too. I used shoprunner, but that was shipped faster than I thought!

Finally went ahead and got Eternal Sonata after all this time. I'd be interested to know what you all think of El Shaddai once you have tried it, I personally didn't enjoy it very much at all but I might have set my expectations a bit too high after reading some of the praise for it.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']For people thinking about Blood Drive I just did some reading on it and apparently it is a horribile game (and the achievements take FOREVER to get).

So for people who just want it to have it in their collection go ahead, but anyone who wants to play it, I warned you.

I'd get Crackdown 2 but I haven't beaten the first one and probably won't for quite some time...[/QUOTE]

In regards to Blood Drive, yeah it's shit. I was hoping for a spiritual successor to Carmageddon, but got a pale, horribly controlled, pretender. Wonder what ever happened to the supposed reboot/remake...

Had to grab it. I went with ps3. It needs some love, too, and the lower resolution won't matter on a game like this (that has an artsy graphic design). The 4.5gb install SUCKS, though :(.

Thanks a ton, OP!

[quote name='slowdive21']If I bought a Gears epic at BB online last month will they PM the Newegg price?[/QUOTE]

No, they don't PM online retailers. From my experience at least. I tried to PM Newegg when I pre-ordered Dark Souls and they wouldn't.

I'm blown away that Heavenly Sword has stayed so high in price for this long. I've been waiting five long years for that to drop to bargain bin prices and it still evades me by $5 or $6.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']any opinions on operation flashpoint red river? Is it better than dragon rising?[/QUOTE]
Ya I was gonna ask the same question. Been waiting for this game to drop.

[quote name='hiljay']in for el shaddai, even with gamebreaking frame rate drops for 360![/QUOTE]

Not gamebreaking, annoying for sure though! I finished the game without issue but I can see how it could cause some severe problems hah... a shame too, it's a (short) gem.

[quote name='barrit']No, they don't PM online retailers. From my experience at least. I tried to PM Newegg when I pre-ordered Dark Souls and they wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for the reply!

[quote name='Rodster']Yeah my problem is I have downloaded so much stuff (Gigs and Gigs) I don't want to go back thru my download history and figure out what I need. I also don't want to re-download all the GT5 updates.

So I got the 360 version instead.[/QUOTE]

You have a point there. I paid $69.99 for it. Backed up my data to my external HDD. Installed the new one, and restored my previous content. Took maybe three hours. Now I use that original 80GB for school etc. Definitely worth the investment though. I could never go back to that original 80GB though. What size HDD do you have?

[quote name='Wedgie']I'm blown away that Heavenly Sword has stayed so high in price for this long. I've been waiting five long years for that to drop to bargain bin prices and it still evades me by $5 or $6.[/QUOTE]

You've waited five years to save five or six dollars? That's dedication man

Wow I can't believe Eternal Sonnata is still that much. I was looking to pick it up at launch years ago... tempting now but I still have a few JRPGs in the backlog. Even El Shaddai is tempting at that price, I might break and order both of them in the morning.

i'm reading up on the differences between 360 and ps3 for eternal sonata on wikipedia and it's saying that the ps3 version has extra content and got overall slightly higher ratings. is there ANY reason to go with the 360 version?

[quote name='Kniq']i'm reading up on the differences between 360 and ps3 for eternal sonata on wikipedia and it's saying that the ps3 version has extra content and got overall slightly higher ratings. is there ANY reason to go with the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

Not unless you just absolutely love achievements. The PS3 version came out about a year later and was improved over the 360 version (including new characters & a few added story points- if I remember correctly). Still highly recommended game regardless of platform.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Nice! picked up 360 Civ Rev. Been looking for that game forever for under $20[/QUOTE]

This. I haven't seen it this low anywhere else.

[quote name='Wedgie']I'm blown away that Heavenly Sword has stayed so high in price for this long. I've been waiting five long years for that to drop to bargain bin prices and it still evades me by $5 or $6.[/QUOTE]
Wow you're cheap.

[quote name='RColaUAB']Not unless you just absolutely love achievements. The PS3 version came out about a year later and was improved over the 360 version (including new characters & a few added story points- if I remember correctly). Still highly recommended game regardless of platform.[/QUOTE]

I also remember hearing that the PS3 version upped the difficulty in battle.

bread's done
Back