Newegg: Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) $24.99 Wii, PS3, Xbox 360

Point taken. I did find it interesting that the 3 systems on which GH Metallica is coming out in 3 days for were the ones with the price drops, while GHWT PS2 is still $46.99 at Newegg and its GH Metallica counterpart doesn't come out till 2 weeks later.

Maybe Newegg is ahead of the curve on the universal price drop?

not a bad price at all. I was borrowing a friend's copy and ended up buying a few DLC songs. will be nice to have my own copy now.

Really good deal. I got it during Christmas with the guitar from Amazon for 60 bucks. If you don't have the game you really should get it. That is if you enjoy these type of games. ;)

The Aerosmith versions are available for $27.99 for the Xbox and Wii

Free shipping as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Music rhythm games are becoming the new sports games. This is a good deal, but I am waiting for less.

Rock Band, OTOH - I'll continue to buy that close to release date...

Thanks OP, I've been waiting for this to drop. I couldn't get the link to work on my iPhone so I had to directly to the site- apologies to CheapyD.

Now I can finally try those Tool songs.

Not buying a music game until Rock Band: The Beatles. Good deal if you wanted this, and a universal price drop following GH Metallica won't bring it down to $25 even with sales, it'll most likely be $50 or so.

Thanks OP! I was getting bored with GH:3 lately. I was planning on skipping World Tour since Metallica is coming out next week, but at this price I decided to bite. This will now hold me over until Metallica drops. Thanks again! :)

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']why isn't gh2 $5 yet!![/quote]

Because they got that one right.

Game gets old fast, the soundtrack is not good and the new features are meh. Price isn't bad...but without the guitar/USB MIC and Drums the value plummets.

I was literaly just talking with my wife last night about how I wished GH World Tour wasn't so damn expensive. Thanks OP, Newegg made that wish come true!

As much as I prefer Rock Band $25 for a whole new set of songs plus access to all of GH:WT's DLC catalogue = insta-buy. Thanks for this.

How does Rock Band's drum work with this? The World Tour has 3 drum pads and 2 cymbals with a foot pedal.. Rock Band has 4 drum pads and a foot pedal?

Anyway yeah I agree, I think these games will only drop further. They aren't the new sports games, they're worse.

[quote name='Boeing 747']How does Rock Band's drum work with this? The World Tour has 3 drum pads and 2 cymbals with a foot pedal.. Rock Band has 4 drum pads and a foot pedal?

Anyway yeah I agree, I think these games will only drop further. They aren't the new sports games, they're worse.[/QUOTE]
Works fine. When you use the RB drums it drops from 5 lanes to 4, and you hit YB simultaneously to activate star power.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']why isn't gh2 $5 yet!![/quote]
Because unlike 3 and world tour, it does not suck. Note charts can kiss my (use your imagination). Yes I own world tour and 3, check my achievements if you don't believe me and they are just collecting dust now

Is it true the World Tour peripherals are the worst of the bunch?
someone just told me that, you see, and I was surprised. I recall people reporting problems with the original Rock Band peripherals.

[quote name='Amrejynex']tax... tax... tax... tax kills the deal[/QUOTE]
When you compare it to other sites it's still loads better

[quote name='Wolfkin']how cheap are the new guitars. i was thinking about waiting for a drop on the bundle. but this is tempting[/quote]
I believe RedOctane.com sells the guitars for $60. So if you get GHWT Guitar Kit via Amazon's Marketplace, you pretty much pay for the guitar and get the game free (or pay $25 for the game and $35 for the guitar, if you wanna think about it that way.) :cool:
[quote name='Amrejynex']tax... tax... tax... tax kills the deal[/quote]
Doesn't NewEgg only tax in one or two states? I'm in IL and I don't pay tax to NewEgg. I'm not meaning to brag, but there are a hell of a lot of us that live outside those specific states that could use a deal like this.

Any word if DLC is gonna work for future titles? Mostly concerned about "The Touch" here, and waiting on a future version of GH to be cheap, considering Rock Band is far superior.

[quote name='the_punisher']Damnit, why does Newegg support PayPal, haven't i spent enough?

Bought, thx OP :)[/quote]

Every site supports PayPal when you use the PayPal plug-in. It's great.

[quote name='SDC']Is it true the World Tour peripherals are the worst of the bunch?
someone just told me that, you see, and I was surprised. I recall people reporting problems with the original Rock Band peripherals.[/quote]

Both. The RB1 guitar had strum bar issues initially. EA was great at replacing them with advanced shipping. The replacement was 10x better.

The GHWT bundle had a handful of issues that were sporadic like strum bars that would stop working, or not register correctly. To the drum kit that sometimes needed tuning. Red Octane has been pretty good at correcting the issues such as giving out tuner kits and getting me new guitars with overnight shipping.

[quote name='Geello']Can buy the Ps2 version for 12-18 bucks on Amazon if you don't mind it being used.[/QUOTE]
As a matter of fact, you can buy the Wii version on Amazon or Half.com, used (complete with case and manual) for around $16 shipped.
I think I'm going to go that route.

Not a bad deal. I bought the game used for $30. I pretty much beat the setlist once, and went back to RB2.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Any word if DLC is gonna work for future titles? Mostly concerned about "The Touch" here, and waiting on a future version of GH to be cheap, considering Rock Band is far superior.[/quote]

I'm going to end up buying this game at some point just so I can play that song. My god I love the original Transformers soundtrack!

[quote name='deszaras']I'm going to end up buying this game at some point just so I can play that song. My god I love the original Transformers soundtrack![/quote]

Me too...I need to play that song:bouncy:

Hopefully we can also get the Transformers theme song from the movie by the Lion the band. *feels like a geek*

Too bad its back to reg price.:bomb:

bread's done
Back