Newegg - Just Cause II, Mafia 2 & Metro 2033 with GeForce GTX 465 $182 (AR-$25)

BlockheadBrown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Apologies for the "links". Becuase I'm "new" even though I'm not (formerly Sylvanus), I can't post links yet. Anyway an awesome deal if you can buy in at this price.

For $182 (AR):
EVGA GeForce GTX 465 (Fermi) 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express Video Card
bonus coupon for Just Cause II (PC)
bonus coupon for Mafia 2 (PC)
Must use coupon code EMCYWNV49 at checkout and send in $25 rebate. Shipping is free.
Metro 2033 is available after registering the video card at EVGA

The next lowest price for the Video Card alone on Google is $228. Yes, a GeForce 460 1GB eats less power, runs cooler, quieter, faster and can OC far more. All said though, it's still a good deal.

Thanks: yuugotserved (SlickDeals), Wadmaasi (Shacknews) and Apathetic-Irony(CAG)

Links below care of Apathetic-Irony.

Original links:
Direct Link: h t t p : / / w w w . n e w e g g . c o m / P r o d u c t / C o m b o D e a l D e t a i l s . a s p x ? n m _ m c = A F C - S l i c k D e a l s & c m _ m m c = A F C - S l i c k D e a l s - _ - N A - _ - N A - _ - N A & I t e m L i s t = C o m b o . 4 5 6 5 3 4

Deal Source: h t t p : / / s l i c k d e a l s . n e t / p e r m a d e a l / 3 8 4 6 0 ? u t m _ s o u r c e = f e e d b u r n e r & u t m _ m e d i u m = f e e d & u t m _ c a m p a i g n = F e e d : + S l i c k d e a l s n e t F P + ( S l i c k D e a l s . n e t + F r o n t p a g e )

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap, a deal finally pops up for JCII and it's part of a big ol' pc card bundle.

I would be much more tempted if this was for the 460 and not the 465. It runs to loud, too hot and sucks too much power for me.

Just to note, the 460 is overall better in many aspects (does cost a little more though). Right now you can get Just cause 2 and metro 2033 free with a gtx 460 EVGA. Make sure you add the just cause 2 combo deal (which is free).

[quote name='kosmos13x']Just to note, the 460 is overall better in many aspects (does cost a little more though). Right now you can get Just cause 2 and metro 2033 free with a gtx 460 EVGA. Make sure you add the just cause 2 combo deal (which is free).[/QUOTE]

Nice catch. I'm bummed I can't do anything. I just paid off a major bill I could have paid slowly over the next few months. Bah. I'm better off anyway, I guess.

i cant recommend getting the 465... the newer 460 runs a lot cooler/quieter, a little faster and is cheaper to boot.

this is only worth it if you were planning on buying those games at full MSRP.

[quote name='postulio']cheaper to boot.[/QUOTE]
Not the 1GB 460.

[quote name='postulio']this is only worth it if you were planning on buying those games at full MSRP.[/QUOTE]
Six of one, half-dozen of another. Seriously. Sure, you could look at it like you're buying the games at full price and getting a $30 mid-to-high range video card OR just look at it as a decent gaming video card that comes with 3 free games.

Either way, you're getting a deal. I just wish I could take advantage of it.

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Nice thing about the 465 though is you can unlock it easily to a 470.[/QUOTE]

Could you provide a link? While I'd guess it's possible, I haven't seen anything that shows someone doing it.

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Nice thing about the 465 though is you can unlock it easily to a 470.[/QUOTE]

only certain brands that let some video cards built to 470 specs with 10 memory chips, but sold as 465 can be unlocked through a flash like the msi twin frzr (sp?)

the evga cannot be unlocked to 470. it doesn't have the 10 memory chips.

i just picked this up because i was planning on getting a 465 for a while since it was cheaper than a 460. but now i'm kind of having doubts, maybe i should have stuck with the 460.

i actually bought the JC2 and Metro 2033 download cards from people who bought the video card but didn't want the game off ebay. jc2 was $7 and metro was $4. i also got napoleon tw for $8.

I would avoid the 465, even with this deal. I'd buy the 460 and, if there are games in that group that you want, I'd look for people selling their codes to get them on the cheap.

I currently have a MSI GeForce GTX 275 TwinFrozr OC 896MB 448-bit DDR3. I could sell it on ebay for about $140 and pick this up for $189. Do you think it would be a good upgrade? Or should I just wait. I would like to try out DX11, but it's not a big deal to me.

i just got the gtx 460 1gb yesterday it's super silent i used to have a gtx 480 thing was a beast loud and hot temps up to 45 C & 460 30 C. I have a metro 2033 copy if any wants it contact me :b im asking for 20$ o.b.o or trade for a mafia II code lol

bread's done
Back