Newegg - Logitech G9x Gaming Mouse for $28.99 AR. Normally $99.99

Kendro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104261&Tpk=g9x

$99.99 on sale for $63.99

Promo code EMCZNZR85 brings it down to $58.99

Edit - Use FBXMAS10 to bring it down $53.99. Thanks to BustaUppa's thread here. $10 code is now dead.

Mail-in rebate drops it to $28.99 (or $23.99 if you use BustaUppa's limited code) with free shipping and no tax for most states.

Any CAG's have any experience with this mouse? I'm in the market for a wireless but a $100 wired gaming mouse for $24 or $29 has got my attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
This doesn't really help but I have the G9 (the model right before G9x) and its the best mouse I've ever had. Wireless sucks for almost any gaming, even MMOs. Personally, I can feel the lag on a wireless (bluetooth or the radio "regular" type wireless, either). ESPECIALLY when playing FPS games. This mouse has been the most comfortable, accurate, SWEET mouse ever.

Basically, your post is tempting me to upgrade because the previous version is AMAZING so Im hoping this one is too. Again, not that any of this helps you.

Edit: 173 reviews on newegg (I trust most of their reviews for the most part) with an overall 5 star rating. That is excellent!

Edit 2: Best price Ive seen on this thing, hands down. DARN YOU OP! :(

[quote name='callmewoof']This doesn't really help but I have the G9 (the model right before G9x) and its the best mouse I've ever had. Wireless sucks for almost any gaming, even MMOs. Personally, I can feel the lag on a wireless (bluetooth or the radio "regular" type wireless, either). ESPECIALLY when playing FPS games. This mouse has been the most comfortable, accurate, SWEET mouse ever.

Basically, your post is tempting me to upgrade because the previous version is AMAZING so Im hoping this one is too. Again, not that any of this helps you.

Edit: 173 reviews on newegg (I trust most of their reviews for the most part) with an overall 5 star rating. That is excellent![/QUOTE]

+1
G9 is by far the best mice I have ever used. I have owned it for 1 year now.
To me comfort is the most important thing, and I love it on my 1st grip of the mice. I owned copperhead, which very much includes all razer's design, and used my friend's G5 and either of them fit me.
G9x should do the same thing too, will a greater dpi. $25 is a great, great deal. Usually for this class of gaming mice its over $75.

However G9 is only for people with claw grip. Plam grip or big hand people should go for G5 or other razor mouses.

I'm in the market for a new mouse, especially since I'm using a Logitech wireless mouse at the moment.

But I've had a horrible experience in trying to get a mail-in rebate for the G15 keyboard I bought on newegg not too long ago. I sent them the UPC and the form, but they mailed me back a postcard saying that I needed to send the UPC in... There went my $20.

Oh well, maybe I'll give it a shot again and not wrapped my UPC code within the form in the envelope.

Glad I decided to bite on this and just in the nick of time. FBXMAS10 no longer works though you can still use the other code for $5 off.

I was looking for a good wireless mouse since I typically browse the net more than I game but $24 for Logitech's most expensive gaming mouse is too good of a deal to pass up considering most generic mice go for $10 to $15.

I had bought one recently for $30 after MIR and I am loving the mouse so far. The mouse fits my hand perfectly and the grip adds some nice comfort to it.
The weights included also help a lot as it provides a sort of stability to the otherwise very light mouse.
Great deal and I wouldn't regret my purchase.

There is something wrong with me. I just bought the mx518 for 10 bucks after rebate, and now i want this as well. I dont need two back up mice :/

[quote name='nflsonic']I'm in the market for a new mouse, especially since I'm using a Logitech wireless mouse at the moment.

But I've had a horrible experience in trying to get a mail-in rebate for the G15 keyboard I bought on newegg not too long ago. I sent them the UPC and the form, but they mailed me back a postcard saying that I needed to send the UPC in... There went my $20.

Oh well, maybe I'll give it a shot again and not wrapped my UPC code within the form in the envelope.[/QUOTE]

I found it best to staple it on top of the form on the top left corner (near the edge) that way when they open the form they see the upc right there on top of it.

Almost bought, but I can't stand the two different scroll feature. I like my middle mouse button for opening new links. You lose that feature with the variable scroll wheel.

Gonna have to sleep on this one. . . I've spent way too much money already this holiday season! But this is my dream mouse. . .

I want to upgrade to a new mouse cause the pads on mine are wearing out but I am scared of the change. I have been using my trusty MX 518 I bought at Circuit City for going on 4 years now. I was thinking about picking up the G5 which I will probably end up doing because this G9x looks like a lot more of a radical change from the MX 518.

G5 and MX 518 look nearly identical.

I picked up a G9x for $30 at Best Buy a while back, so i've been using one as my desktop mouse for four or five months. I replaced a MX518 with the G9x, and I still consider the MX518 the golds standard - what I compare every other mouse to.

In short, for $30 I would highly, highly recommend a G9x. At normal price, I would get a G500 or MX518 instead, and at $60 it would be a toss-up between those 3.

The G9x is a well featured mouse, but I suspect that not many people will actually use the features you are expected to pay a premium price ($100 MSRP) for. If you don't intend to use the adjustable weights, interchangable grips, or programmable features, the G9x doesn't offer anything the G500 or Mx518 doesn't do just as well, and the latter two have a more comfortable general-purpose grip. My only complaint about the G9x is the wheel click is a lot harder to do than on the MX518 - that took a little bit of time to get used to.

The G9x is a well constructed, quality mouse.. and for $30 it's absolutely worth picking up.

[quote name='Swerdna']Almost bought, but I can't stand the two different scroll feature. I like my middle mouse button for opening new links. You lose that feature with the variable scroll wheel.[/QUOTE]

That's not true. I use my G9x's middle mouse button for opening new links all the time.

[quote name='callmewoof']This doesn't really help but I have the G9 (the model right before G9x) and its the best mouse I've ever had. Wireless sucks for almost any gaming, even MMOs. Personally, I can feel the lag on a wireless (bluetooth or the radio "regular" type wireless, either). ESPECIALLY when playing FPS games. This mouse has been the most comfortable, accurate, SWEET mouse ever.[/QUOTE]

I got this mouse before launch due to my other mouse dying and awesome customer service on Logitech's part. Fantastic mouse and I wouldn't trade it for anything except for brain/computer integration.

Glad the $10 code is back. Grabbed the mouse for $23.99 as my Razer lachesis is a piece of crap and the pointer jumps every 5-10 minutes. It is even worse when gaming. I'm tired of trying to aim at some one in Black Ops only to have my character facing the sky every 2-3 minutes. I've never had a problem with Logitech products, so I expect great things out of this mouse. :)

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Glad the $10 code is back. Grabbed the mouse for $23.99 as my Razer lachesis is a piece of crap and the pointer jumps every 5-10 minutes. It is even worse when gaming. I'm tired of trying to aim at some one in Black Ops only to have my character facing the sky every 2-3 minutes. I've never had a problem with Logitech products, so I expect great things out of this mouse. :)[/QUOTE]

My copperhead's wheel broke a year ago. That's why I changed to G9. :lol:

[quote name='superbloogle']That's not true. I use my G9x's middle mouse button for opening new links all the time.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was basing it off this mouse:
HTML:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Laser-Mouse-Notebooks/dp/B00405RZWC

Which I got for my laptop a couple years ago and the wheels look exactly the same and boast the same two different scroll options. However, it does not function like a normal middle mouse button.

bread's done
Back