Newegg - Nintendo 3DS XL (Pink) $169

I hate Nintendo of America...that is all :)

they've given pikachu+white to Europe, Australia and South Africa :(

recently pikachu to Chile also :| so that might eventually reach us...I don't have much interest in that though.

(Granted I would prefer black over white at this point..I think...but that isn't gonna happen)

edit: I should say NoA or whoever determines it. Since I'm not entirely sure who determines what colors get released here.

I personally love my pink/white 3DS XL. The white looks very nice and the pink is a nice soft pink. I have gotten comments about it (yes i'm a dude), but it looks nice and is well worth it. Get the color while you can it's only available for Valentine's Day by NOA, so grab it while you can.

This is tempting even though it's pink. I rarely leave the house with my handhelds so I doubt I would get too much grief over it. :D

[quote name='nitrosmob']I personally love my pink/white 3DS XL. The white looks very nice and the pink is a nice soft pink. I have gotten comments about it (yes i'm a dude), but it looks nice and is well worth it. Get the color while you can it's only available for Valentine's Day by NOA, so grab it while you can.[/QUOTE]

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that... it was actually released prior to Christmas and advertised as limited quantities. It started with Kmart first, then Target and Best Buy and Toys R Us. In fact I think Gamestop got some too.

It certainly isn't easy to find but it's not "OMG" rare either.

Yeah I guess it's more limited, not crazy rare...but good to go for it now that some places have more stock. I know around me Best Buys were sold out, and gamestop had very few, but it's all good....least there is some more made by Nintendo for now.

I just know as soon as I order this either there will be a better sale on a color I want more or a limited edition will be announced. I think I'll hold out until April at the latest.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Is an all white one in the states inevitable? I think this handheld looks great, just don't prefer the pink shell.[/QUOTE]

Potentially No, sadly.

From IGN.
So I did the only natural thing - I asked Nintendo of America president and COO Reggie Fils-Aime for a reason, at least as far as his North American market was concerned. His answer was simple and made perfect sense - yet gave me a bit of hope for the future.

"We have launched silver- and white-colored GBAs, DSes, DSis, and in our [North American] market they don't sell very well," Fils-Aime admitted. "So instead of approaching this lighter-colored product as a mass [product], we're going to look at the opportunity on a much more limited basis. You might see a limited-time offer with a white or silver 3DS XL, or we might colorize it slightly differently. But in terms of an ongoing SKU, the consumer has responded in our marketplace and said that, for a handheld gaming device from Nintendo, that kind of white or silver doesn't sell nearly as well as blue or red or even pink."

Especially since South Africa, Australia and Europe all got White and Pika versions announced last year for the holidays. We were noticeably left out . :cry:

I just want an all white or all black 3DS XL unit. I want to pick up an XL next month and I'll gladly wait until the end of March. I thought a black unit would debut with Luigi's Mansion for sure. I dont' mind blue all that much I guess.

Personally, I wish it was more like the Candy Pink 3DS which was pink all over as opposed to the pink/white color scheme of the XL, but I still love my pink/white XL.

Yes, I'm a dude too.\\:D/

+1 to everyone. I just want a solid white or black XL. I was using my old white DS Lite yesterday and thought "wow, this is the most awesome color for me."

[quote name='emperordahc']+1 to everyone. I just want a solid white or black XL. I was using my old white DS Lite yesterday and thought "wow, this is the most awesome color for me."[/QUOTE]
White degrades the overall visual experience, so does any other color other than black.

As long as the insides are black the outside is up for grabs, it seems they fixed that problem from their earlier models allowing the body color to be next to the screen.

[quote name='emperordahc']+1 to everyone. I just want a solid white or black XL. I was using my old white DS Lite yesterday and thought "wow, this is the most awesome color for me."[/QUOTE]

Could always go this route if you really want one, and then buy an all-black model in the future if they release one.

[quote name='Killbomb']This is tempting even though it's pink. I rarely leave the house with my handhelds so I doubt I would get too much grief over it. :D[/QUOTE]
Just say you got it because you wanted to show support for breast cancer awareness. (-: That'd be a pretty cool reason for having pink.

bread's done
Back