NewEgg Nintendo sale *Expires 2/28/13 midnight*

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I'm thinking of getting Kirby just for the 40 Club Nintendo points.[/QUOTE]

^ This. Although, the game got pretty high reviews across the board, mainly this ^

[quote name='philmcfly']In for Fortune Street and Mass Attack. Thanks OP!

I've been getting 1st Party Nintendo Wii Games because there's only oh... like 1 game worth having on the Wii U right now if you own a PC. Not to mention my Wii won't last forever.[/QUOTE]lll
lpplpppppp

[quote name='The Acacia Strain']Not much of a sale compared to the other consoles. I just wanted a wii remote![/QUOTE]
Did you REALLY think you'd get a Wiimote for that little?

[quote name='WingsDJY']I was on the fence and decided to skip it. You have to be in a well lit room with a table (to use the AR manual) and also be able to freely spin around (to move the camera via the gyroscope). Since I only play handhelds when I'm lying in bed, this one isn't a fit for me.

The other complaint I've read is that it's only 2-3 hrs long with little to no replay value.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound worth it, even though the well lit room with a table isn't a problem for me.

[quote name='Mit']Is Fortune Street a good 4 player multiplayer game? Does it get competitive? Stay exciting? Not take TOO long?
EDIT: Whatever, I bought it :V It's a Nintendo game for $10 I can't resist.[/QUOTE]

From what I tried of it, no on pretty much all counts. I would go ahead and get it if you love Mario, Dragon Quest, and board games like Monopoly, and have a lot of friends to play it with (even then I'd still recommend the actual board game over this). There is no online multiplayer even though there should be (surprise surprise) and the AI is impossibly lucky. Even at $10 this game is a pass.

[quote name='n64ra']Doesn't sound worth it, even though the well lit room with a table isn't a problem for me.[/QUOTE]

It's a very unique experience, there's not really anything else like it on 3DS. I'd say for that reason alone it is worth the $9. I was gonna jump on it myself but I went ahead and cancelled the rest of my order when they cancelled my Uncharted 3 purchase, besides I still think it will get cheaper.

[quote name='rcerboss']From what I tried of it, no on pretty much all counts. I would go ahead and get it if you love Mario, Dragon Quest, and board games like Monopoly, and have a lot of friends to play it with (even then I'd still recommend the actual board game over this). There is no online multiplayer even though there should be (surprise surprise) and the AI is impossibly lucky. Even at $10 this game is a pass.[/QUOTE]

You're definitely wrong here. It does have online multiplayer.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']You're definitely wrong here. It does have online multiplayer.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure? I didn't see any option for online multiplayer back when I tried it.

That's gotta be better than playing the AI (assuming the game doesn't just end when someone disconnects, these games easily go over an hour at least, I imagine that could become a real issue). But unless it features so me sort of voicechat or other communication tool, I'm very surprised that they bothered with online at all.

[quote name='philmcfly']In for Fortune Street and Mass Attack. Thanks OP!

I've been getting 1st Party Nintendo Wii Games because there's only oh... like 1 game worth having on the Wii U right now if you own a PC. Not to mention my Wii won't last forever.[/QUOTE]

They made ZombiU for the PC? Since when?

Also, they just announced Lego Batman 2 for the Wii U yesterday, so if you're planning on picking that up to play on your Wii U anyway, you may want to wait.

Is this the lowest Spirit Camera has been? Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like Fortune Street/Spirit Camera will go lower.

[quote name='maximumzero']They made ZombiU for the PC? Since when?[/QUOTE]

If the demo is any indication then it is not worth owning.

[quote name='maximumzero']They made ZombiU for the PC? Since when?[/QUOTE]
ZombiU is a great proof of concept for the WiiU's Gamepad not being completely worthless for anything except maps and inventory management, and took that first step in making me a believer. But as a game, it's total shit. I've tried playing through it twice now, and both times I have had game ending bugs after reaching the point of no return (the 1st time my character just fell through the floor into a pit of black and died while carrying the Drs eye, making it unobtainable thanks to the games autosave feature. The 2nd time I died in the flooded section and I can no longer leave the safehouse at all). I'm not about to try to finish it again.

Beyond these and other glitches, the graphics are pretty subpar, and from what I read on Ubisoft's support forums it's possible to use up all your C4 and be unable to progress!?!? Even if that weren't true, it's pretty apparent that this was an unfinished mess of a game, maybe not at the level of Aliens but it still feels very rushed.

[quote name='Green Card200']Is this the lowest Spirit Camera has been? Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like Fortune Street/Spirit Camera will go lower.

If the demo is any indication then it is not worth owning.[/QUOTE]
AFAIK Spirit Camera has never been lower. However Fortune Street has hit the $10 many, many times before. In fact, IIRC it's $10 right now at Fry's.

[quote name='rcerboss']Did you REALLY think you'd get a Wiimote for that little?[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

Edit: I own Spirit Camera, even got it to work once. I'd say pass. Even if you do get it to work, the novelty wears off quickly.

[quote name='Zerok']It wouldn't be the first time it's happened.[/QUOTE]

That was a great season to buy games thanks to Best Buy.

On another note, does anyone think now is a good time to buy NSMBU? I'm wondering whether it'll go any lower or when Wii U sales pick up so will NSMBU sales and it'll stay at $60.

[quote name='krzysio87']That was a great season to buy games thanks to Best Buy.

On another note, does anyone think now is a good time to buy NSMBU? I'm wondering whether it'll go any lower or when Wii U sales pick up so will NSMBU sales and it'll stay at $60.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo properties tend to hold their price, especially Mario games. So I'd say this is likely the best deal you'll find for a while.

Quick question: has anyone played Kirby Mass Attack on a 3DS without the stylus? I don't own a stylus so I was wondering if this will hinder gameplay. Thanks in advance

I just tried playing Kirby Mass Attack without a stylus on my DS Lite out of curiosity. It's not ideal, but still playable. The biggest issue might be that you'll be slower without a stylus.
I'd recommend getting a stylus either way.

For anyone considering crosswords PLUS 3ds, it is now $14.99 3rd party fulfilled by amazon from nyc electronics, due in stock march 2nd. Not sure if that is a sign it is being liquidated to wholesalers or a perm price drop to at least $20.

[quote name='rcerboss']Did you REALLY think you'd get a Wiimote for that little?[/QUOTE]

I picked up a Wii Mote+ and Wii Play Motion for $14.99 off the clearance rack at Wal Mart a few days after Christmas.

[quote name='ChillyWillie']I picked up a Wii Mote+ and Wii Play Motion for $14.99 off the clearance rack at Wal Mart a few days after Christmas.[/QUOTE]
Lucky. My Wal-mart still has those bundles at $50.

bread's done
Back