NewEgg Oblivion GOTY/Fallout 3 GOTY $10 Dark Souls $15 Portal 2 PS3/360 20 PC 18

Looks like I'm in for Fallout 3 GOTY. I got New Vegas but never played. I was told to play Fallout 3 first.

[quote name='ck76']The big one that would be a deal breaker would be loss of all data. I can handle mild headaches, but a "Walking Dead" (twice!) data loss glitch really bugs me.[/QUOTE]

In my personal experience I have never had a file erased, nor have I ever heard of this happening to anyone else with the game. So if you're like me and that's your main concern, you'll be fine. I suppose if the game happens to freeze while saving, as in any other game, the file could become corrupted. But I'm sure you already know to keep multiple saves, etc etc.

[quote name='sherlock2g']Looks like I'm in for Fallout 3 GOTY. I got New Vegas but never played. I was told to play Fallout 3 first.[/QUOTE]

Or if you really really wanna love Fallout 3 then play New Vegas first. ;)

yeah i spoke with a friend at cs and got em to price match but stupid me ordered from newegg anyways thinking it would take a couple days to price match bah

oh well it was going into my backlog anyways

[quote name='$hady']Or if you really really wanna love Fallout 3 then play New Vegas first. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's sad because I own but haven't played New Vegas but like others in this thread, Fallout 3 is probably my fav. game ever.

I owned the GOTY version for PS3 and had MAJOR framerate issues with The Pitt but the others weren't bad.

[quote name='CaoPi']change the damn link, as it doesn't work on page 1![/QUOTE]

sheesh so rude and to think i originally liked you for your username

that being said the op has been updated with the correct links

grabbed Fallout3, have the vanilla but haven't played it for more than an hour, so might as well grab this edition. thanks!

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Got Fallout 3. Never played the series and all my friends say its a great game.

What would you guys compare it to?[/QUOTE]

Skyrim

[quote name='JohnWayne']Skyrim[/QUOTE]

I heard Skyrim with guns, but haven't played that either. Waiting for GOY edition though that might take awhile especially for PS3.

Anything like Mass Effect?

Amazon has the Bethseda games on sale also, if you want it fast and have prime, best to jump on that instead

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']I heard Skyrim with guns, but haven't played that either. Waiting for GOY edition though that might take awhile especially for PS3.

Anything like Mass Effect?[/QUOTE]

Yeah pretty much exactly what you heard. Just make sure that you like RPG games because it takes a lot of patience and determination. I've put in about 100 hours in to it and still haven't beat the game yet. It's an amazing game, especially the apocalyptic atmosphere makes it feel really creepy in a good way.

I've never played mass effect so I couldn't make a valid comparison besides from what I've seen on YouTube but It seems completely different compared to ME

Is Fallout 3 GOTY worth if if I've already played vanilla? I lost my save file since I got a new Xbox, so I would have to play through the original story again.

IMHO, not worth it if you have played vanilla. The GOTY version still has tons of bugs, I had to save constantly. The alien dlc actually broke my game because something that was supposed to trigger an event to continue never did and I couldn't do anything but start all over from the start of the dlc. Sigh.. just my salty experience I guess.

Oblivion GOTY never gave me problems like that.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Yeah pretty much exactly what you heard. Just make sure that you like RPG games because it takes a lot of patience and determination. I've put in about 100 hours in to it and still haven't beat the game yet. It's an amazing game, especially the apocalyptic atmosphere makes it feel really creepy in a good way.

I've never played mass effect so I couldn't make a valid comparison besides from what I've seen on YouTube but It seems completely different compared to ME[/QUOTE]

I enjoy RPG games. Legend of Dragoon was probably my favorite game ever.

Read GOY edition has alot of buges so hopefully that doesn't ruin the game for me.

Probably won't get around to playing it with backlog and Black Ops Tuesday. Figured it wouldn't go lower than $10 though.

Don't want to start a new thread... but no doubt in response to the price of the PSN release that debuted on Tuesday, Newegg has Portal 2 for $19.99 (PS3/360, PC is $17.99). This is hardly a mind blowing deal since the game has been around for awhile and was dropping in price, but it *is* the first time the MSRP has dropped this low (trust me, I've been watching). The big boxes like Walmart and Best Buy have not made this adjustment yet and are still showing $30.

[quote name='Kazuya']Don't want to start a new thread... but no doubt in response to the price of the PSN release that debuted on Tuesday, Newegg has Portal 2 for $19.99 (PS3/360, PC is $17.99). This is hardly a mind blowing deal since the game has been around for awhile and was dropping in price, but it *is* the first time the MSRP has dropped this low (trust me, I've been watching). The big boxes like Walmart and Best Buy have not made this adjustment yet and are still showing $30.[/QUOTE]

ill add it

[quote name='Kazuya']Don't want to start a new thread... but no doubt in response to the price of the PSN release that debuted on Tuesday, Newegg has Portal 2 for $19.99 (PS3/360, PC is $17.99). This is hardly a mind blowing deal since the game has been around for awhile and was dropping in price, but it *is* the first time the MSRP has dropped this low (trust me, I've been watching). The big boxes like Walmart and Best Buy have not made this adjustment yet and are still showing $30.[/QUOTE]

Is this an MSRP drop or a sale?

[quote name='GamerDude316']Is this an MSRP drop or a sale?[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't know but as I said I've been watching it and as soon as the PSN version released both Amazon and Newegg dropped as well. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for the physical release to be more than the digital (usually the other way around) but you never know. I believe the PS3 version comes with a Steam key so that version at least could be seen as having more value.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Does anyone know if they ever patched the vampire cure glitch in the PS3 Oblivion GOTY??[/QUOTE]

The glitch was never patched however its both avoidable and curable if you use cure disease potion or go to one of the altars before 72 hours passes in the game. After three days you're screwed.

[quote name='AxleHead']The glitch was never patched however its both avoidable and curable if you use cure disease potion or go to one of the altars before 72 hours passes in the game. After three days you're screwed.[/QUOTE]
The glitch is where you can't complete the vampire cure quest. I've found a workaround that requires you to set the language on your PS3 to German, complete the quest, then reset the language. However, this will erase any progress in the Shivering Isles. Not much of a hassle, just hoping maybe they fixed it.

[quote name='roedaniel19']The glitch is where you can't complete the vampire cure quest. I've found a workaround that requires you to set the language on your PS3 to German, complete the quest, then reset the language. However, this will erase any progress in the Shivering Isles. Not much of a hassle, just hoping maybe they fixed it.[/QUOTE]

That workaround reportedly only works with PAL versions of the game. In any case it's easier to just cure it before the 3 day period ends. I keep hoping Bethesda will get their shit together. But they've showed little interest in maintaining their games for many years. Just look at Fallout 3 GOTY on ps3.

[quote name='sherlock2g']Should I get Oblivion even though I already have Skyrim?[/QUOTE]

Depends on your gaming time. Both games are 50+ hour games at MINIMUM. So you may just have it on the shelf for a while.

If you're talking quality, then YES. Oblivion is a great game in itself. The games don't really tie in a ton besides side story lines, Easter eggs (Jiub anyone!), and the books.

Remember, Portal 2 PS3 comes with the PC Steam code. So no reason to buy the PC version at this price.

[quote name='AxleHead']That workaround reportedly only works with PAL versions of the game. In any case it's easier to just cure it before the 3 day period ends. I keep hoping Bethesda will get their shit together. But they've showed little interest in maintaining their games for many years. Just look at Fallout 3 GOTY on ps3.[/QUOTE]

I've read that in the NTSC version you can quit the game and actually change the language on your system, and that it works that way as well as changing the in-game language in the PAL version. But yeah it's been a while since I've played it, so I didn't remember that you could actually cure it before you change. Thanks everyone for clarifying that.

[quote name='sherlock2g']Should I get Oblivion even though I already have Skyrim?[/QUOTE]

While I love the setting of Skyrim best, and hated the Oblivion gate thing in Oblivion, each game has their ups. If you like customizing your equipment, Oblivion does it better. I'm not sure why they nerfed it in Skyrim. Oh and Morrowind was even better than both newer games too in that aspect.

If you liked Morrowind, definitely try Oblivion. I didn't put as much time into Oblivion as Morrowind (like 200+ hours) and Skyrim (172 hours), but that was because I got sick of every dungeon looking the same in Oblivion. Every Aylied Ruin looks the same, every Oblivion gate looks the same, etc. But the outside world is gorgeous.

If you never played Morrowind, and like the Perk system of Skyrim, then the change back to Oblivion may be a bit odd. Leveling is its own strategy in Morrowind/Oblivion, setting/leveling up secondary skills to get a better stat (str/dex/int/wis/etc) bonuses.

Lame. By the time I ordered, seems Fallout 3 GOTY is out of stock for 360. I ordered other games along with it, but that one was out of stock. I dunno how it works, if they plan to try and send my order again once in stock or what. Even though it says in stock, I guess it is not.

That is what I get for waiting an extra day, I suppose. The offers last till the 14th so I might try again, but I wanted to bundle my order all up with the others. Oh well. Maybe that is a sign to tell me to get it on Steam once it goes on sale again for $7.49 instead.

Just wondering, for anyone who has ordered off of Newegg, if that has happened. Where you order several games, checkout, then get an e-mail that one of them is out of stock even though the site says it was in stock. Then that item is removed but the others go through.

Does Newegg automatically re-order it for you once it is back in stock? Or you have to order it again?

Picked up the Amazon price match for Fallout 3. Grabbed the PS3 version since I already got all the achievements on the 360 version. Heard some bad things about the PS3 version but for 10 bucks it's not a huge lost.

One odd thing is I have Amazon Prime and I am seeing this: Delivery estimate Wednesday November 28, 2012 - Wednesday December 5, 2012

That can't be right.....

bread's done
Back