Newegg Open box turtle beach x41 $56.99 and px5ms 86.99 (DEAD)

There's at least 5 in stock right now. Newegg won't let you put more in your basket then they have. It limits to you 5 per order. And I am able to put that many in.

[quote name='Dreamcastguy']I am tempted because I would really like a digital headphone set.

But buying used is just such a gamble.[/QUOTE]Refurbs are just as bad. Learned my lesson and will never buy a used or refurb headset again.

[quote name='SnoT']There's at least 5 in stock right now. Newegg won't let you put more in your basket then they have. It limits to you 5 per order. And I am able to put that many in.[/QUOTE]

It does say 'limit 5 per customer' anyway, that's a great deal on px5s I'm so tempted.

Im not trying to sway people to buy them but as someone who has bought around 15+ open box items from newegg they've varied from used to brand new doesnt even look like its been opened. I've never had an item where it didnt work out of the box, either from just being broken or an essential cable missing where I couldnt use the item without buying that cable/part. The closest to that would be the crossfire bridges from gpus that sometimes didnt come with a card or other accessories that were non mandatory. With that said buy at your own risk.

I was ready to pull the trigger until I read this:

Due to the varying quality of products returned to Newegg, YOU ARE TAKING A RISK BUYING OPEN BOX PRODUCTS.
Newegg makes every attempt to supply the original accessories for Open Box products. However, regardless of what the product description says, Newegg only guarantees that you will receive the product itself; accessories may or may not be included. Bear in mind that your open box product may not contain cables, adaptors, manuals, CDs, drivers, fans, etc. Additionally, the product may exhibit cosmetic imperfections as a result of its having been previously opened.

Newegg will not send you any missing accessory, even if the accessory is required in order to properly make use of all the product’s advertised functions.

[quote name='Strigol']in for a px5m myself...even if it's missing a cable or two you can't beat the price[/QUOTE]The question is, what is wrong with them. I highly doubt someone bought a $250 headset and just returned it for the hell of it. I bought a set of refurb x41's and the left speaker was dead. So after waiting nearly a week to get them, and then the whole return process, that is why I will never make that mistake again.

What... I just bought those PX5's a week ago for 120 dollars... Does Newegg has a price guarantee thing or anything of the sort?

Edit: Wait, my mistake. The ones I got were refurbished. But still. >_>

I recieved my px5ms and they look brand new. The cables/accessories were still in their sealed bag. Hopefully everyone else who ordered recieve them in the same condition.

Got my two X41's today, package is sealed and its Turtle Beach Recertified, everything included and they look brand new! Thank you so much for posting this blankempathy!

got my PX5 in today, came in a generic box w/ a slip cover labeled as a refurb. Everything works and all the cables were included. Happy I got in on this before it went dead.

bread's done
Back