Newegg PC Blowout Riddick-$6 ME2CE-$45 -free shipping- more..

smoger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just saw this in a promo I received today, but not sure how long these prices have actually been up.. sorry if it's covered in another thread somewhere(im sure the cheap ones are covered in the newegg sub-$10 thread but not sure about the few that are 15 and up..)

Prices include free shipping - http://promotions.newegg.com/games/...041610-_-EMC-041610-Index-_-MECH-_-Games-EB1B

Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena $5.99
Sim City Socieites $4.99
Age of Conan $4.99
Rise of the Argonauts $5.99
Damnation - $4.99
Mass Effect 2 Collectors Edition - $44.99
Dungeon Seige 2 Broken World - $4.99
TMNT - $3.99
Street Fighter 4 - $14.99
Moto GP 08 - $3.99
CSI NY - $3.99
CSI hard Evidence - $7.99
Rogue Warrior $9.99
Jericho $3.99
Lost $3.99
Deer Hunter Tournament $5.99
Shaun White Snowboarding $3.99
Resident Evil 5 $26.99

Kinda tempted to pick up Age of Conan and just play the 30 days. I hear that it's improved A LOT since launch and that the beginning areas/quests are really cool.

No standout deals, to be sure. Resident Evil 5 [no DLC] is more than $25?

Sadly, Newegg has never had a good PC line-up, and they never offer the games at good prices.

Well this sucks I just bought ME2CE on the PC for about 60 bucks off of amazon about 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='sendme']Well this sucks I just bought ME2CE on the PC for about 60 bucks off of amazon about 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Buy this one and return it to amazon. Their returns are easy and you'll save yourself some money!

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Kinda tempted to pick up Age of Conan and just play the 30 days. I hear that it's improved A LOT since launch and that the beginning areas/quests are really cool.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't expect much more than a SP game now, since all I've heard is that what few servers are left are mostly dead. The 1-20 content was always good, so they didn't have to do anything there. I had more fun with my 25 twink terrorizing white sands than the rest of the game combined. I'd just save your money TBH.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Now why would you post console deals in a PC game thread??[/QUOTE]
It's more a Newegg thread, and those games were in a similar e-mail promotion.

[quote name='Jodou']I wouldn't expect much more than a SP game now, since all I've heard is that what few servers are left are mostly dead. The 1-20 content was always good, so they didn't have to do anything there. I had more fun with my 25 twink terrorizing white sands than the rest of the game combined. I'd just save your money TBH.[/QUOTE]

But if you're a MMORPG fan, it's only $5 to have another game that you have experienced and can talk about.

Hell, buy multiple copies and get your friends to play with you for a month.

[quote name='Unrealevil']It's more a Newegg thread, and those games were in a similar e-mail promotion.[/QUOTE]

Actually it was specifically a pc deal thread. I didn't mind that you added the console games at all(doesn't hurt anything), but don't come into a thread someone else created and start defining the purpose of it.

When you start a thread you get to decide what the purpose is. The purpose of mine was to list the PC games blowout promo.

my .02

[quote name='smoger']Actually it was specifically a pc deal thread. I didn't mind that you added the console games at all(doesn't hurt anything), but don't come into a thread someone else created and start defining the purpose of it.

When you start a thread you get to decide what the purpose is. The purpose of mine was to list the PC games blowout promo.

my .02[/QUOTE]

Except the guy you quoted didn't actually put up the console deals, he was just defending the practice of it (for some reason?)...Not that I care enough beyond stating this much, I was gonna reply to the germane deals for PC regardless and saw your post...

That said, I wanted to ask if anyone can state if the CE of the ME2 is worth it at $45, I don't have it, and would like it, and wonder if what you get makes it worth it, seeing as how that's $5 cheaper than what I thought the MSRP was for the reg. edition, it seems to be a bargain..."seems to be"...??

Sometimes Newegg's PC deals are pretty good, they'll have games for $8 or $13 or so, that are often $20+ everywhere else. I got Jericho for PC for $6 last year, and although it's not a highly praised game, it's worth that much IMO. I also got The Wheelman with Vin Diesel for about $10 back when it was like $30 everywhere. Their prices are similar to Amazon's much of the time (in fact I think they bounce prices off each other to compete, I've seen some conspicuous correlations with sale price events)

[quote name='BWS1982']That said, I wanted to ask if anyone can state if the CE of the ME2 is worth it at $45, I don't have it, and would like it, and wonder if what you get makes it worth it, seeing as how that's $5 cheaper than what I thought the MSRP was for the reg. edition, it seems to be a bargain..."seems to be"...??[/QUOTE]

Depends on how you value the extra content. Tin case, art book, DVD, some in-game items, books, plus the "Collector's Edition" title. Some people might think that's all frivolous and unnecessary, others might think that content is worth its weight in gold.

The game itself is, of course, worth $45, so if you want to spend $$ for the extra goodies and think it's worth it, go for it.

bread's done
Back