NewEgg pre-order deals: Uncharted 3, Rage $48, GoW3, Forza 4 $45 (Expired)

FlipSide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Rage is $59.99 for PC? When did PC games come up to the same price as console game? Serious question I haven't bought a PC game in a long time and last I looked they were $10 cheaper right off the bat. Or is this an exception to the tradition?

I would normally just default to 360 but I just built a beast of a gaming rig that Windows rates a 7.32 on average (my 2nd gen SSD is bringing down my score with its paltry 5.9 which I still can't believe would rate that low-otherwise my next lowest score is 7.5 which would bring me to a respectable 7.68) and I would like a top-end graphics pig of a game to test it/show it off and I thought Rage would fit the bill nicely.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Rage is $59.99 for PC? When did PC games come up to the same price as console game? Serious question I haven't bought a PC game in a long time and last I looked they were $10 cheaper right off the bat. Or is this an exception to the tradition?

I would normally just default to 360 but I just built a beast of a gaming rig that Windows rates a 7.32 on average (my 2nd gen SSD is bringing down my score with its paltry 5.9 which I still can't believe would rate that low-otherwise my next lowest score is 7.5 which would bring me to a respectable 7.68) and I would like a top-end graphics pig of a game to test it/show it off and I thought Rage would fit the bill nicely.[/QUOTE]

Blame Blizzard for starting the trend.. ES 5:Skyrim, Battlefield 3 and Star Wars:TOR are all coming out at $59.99.. about the only thing I can think of that is coming out for PC at $49.99 is Dues Ex

[quote name='FlipSide']Blame Blizzard for starting the trend.. ES 5:Skyrim, Battlefield 3 and Star Wars:TOR are all coming out at $59.99.. about the only thing I can think of that is coming out for PC at $49.99 is Dues Ex[/QUOTE]

I believe it was actually Modern Warfare 2 that started it all. They also seemed to start the drop of LAN support and mods that is now seen so much in PC games today.
Most games are still $49.99 on release though, it's just the greedy publishers that charge the $60 (Activision, Blizzard, EA, etc).

Anyone know if Rage will require Steam? $47 is a good deal, I would preorder if that has been confirmed somewhere.

[quote name='giantqtipz']huuuuhh.. kinda wanna bite.. but rage looks too similar to past post apocalyptic games.. ugh decision decision..[/QUOTE]

This is exactly my thoughts. It looks great, but I am just hesitant it will have a unique story.

In for Uncharted 3.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I believe it was actually Modern Warfare 2 that started it all. They also seemed to start the drop of LAN support and mods that is now seen so much in PC games today.
Most games are still $49.99 on release though, it's just the greedy publishers that charge the $60 (Activision, Blizzard, EA, etc).

Anyone know if Rage will require Steam? $47 is a good deal, I would preorder if that has been confirmed somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Blizzard did it first with Warcraft III back when that came out last gen. But yeah, I suppose MW2 started the trend this gen.

Sure, might as well get in on Uncharted 3. If it happens to show up cheaper between now and November (I doubt it), I can always cancel.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. In for Gears 3, Uncharted and Rage. I love Newegg! No tax, and free shipping that has always ended up being by me in one day.

Gonna pre-order these later today, need some funds first. I wish they had the limited/collectors as well but that's fine with me. Loving Newegg way more than Amazon right now. I'd rather have a straight away discount than gift cards/credit anyways.

[quote name='karyadi']Gonna pre-order these later today, need some funds first. I wish they had the limited/collectors as well but that's fine with me. Loving Newegg way more than Amazon right now. I'd rather have a straight away discount than gift cards/credit anyways.[/QUOTE]

Newegg charges when they ship your product. You should be safe to order even if you don't have funds available right now.

[quote name='Wezzles']If only it was limited collectors edition of Forza...oh if only.[/QUOTE]

amazon had it up for $59.99 a month ago for like a couple of days lol.

excellent prices, but no release date delivery? i'll pass. there's no way i would be able to wait 3 days after release date to play any of these amazing games.

[quote name='xj_sky']excellent prices, but no release date delivery? i'll pass. there's no way i would be able to wait 3 days after release date to play any of these amazing games.[/QUOTE]
That's a problem for me too. Easy solution is to buy it from Newegg anyway. Then buy it from Store B on release day. Return the Newegg copy to store B when it arrives.

[quote name='giantqtipz']amazon had it up for $59.99 a month ago for like a couple of days lol.[/QUOTE]
You mean for like 3 hours...I got back on my computer 15 minutes after they sold out. What really sucks is I canceled my order off of Amazon that morning so if I had of kept it would of dropped to 59.99...FML

[quote name='Kendro']Newegg charges when they ship your product. You should be safe to order even if you don't have funds available right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I wanted to buy some other stuff as well lol

Nearly all the games I want this holiday I have been able to get cheap from Newegg. Unless these get $20 credit from Amazon they have all my business this holiday.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Nearly all the games I want this holiday I have been able to get cheap from Newegg. Unless these get $20 credit from Amazon they have all my business this holiday.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I just really wish they had Eneloop so I could pre-order and purchase these. I'll look for something else though.

Tempting, but having already pre-ordered fifa from amazon I have the $20 credit to spend already which will be used for either batman our uncharted. Has anyone tried submitting this cheaper price to amazon?

[quote name='karyadi']Same here, I just really wish they had Eneloop so I could pre-order and purchase these. I'll look for something else though.[/QUOTE]Assuming you mean Eneloop batteries, Newegg sells Maha Imedions, which I find even better (link is to an 8-pack of AA's). :D

[quote name='Googer']Assuming you mean Eneloop batteries, Newegg sells Maha Imedions, which I find even better (link is to an 8-pack of AA's). :D[/QUOTE]

I might do that then thanks. I was just wondering what charger to get though. A battery pack without a charger is kinda fail too though lol

Man, Newegg has been managing to snatch up a lot of my preorders lately. So many that I don't know that I can afford any of this awesome batch (never mind that they are all high on my list of games to get, sigh...).

I saw the deal in my inbox and came here to make sure it was posted. Thanks Op!

Thanks, ordered Gears 3 and Uncharted 3 for just under $93. I don't expect to keep these pre-orders, but it's nice to have a back up in case Kmart or Amazon don't come through.

[quote name='tranceFusion']is it easy to cancel pre-orders from NewEgg should something better come along?[/QUOTE]

yep!

[quote name='technicalstylez']CA sales tax always kills newegg deals for me =([/QUOTE]

doesn't cali have no tax for amazon? lol you guys have that at least!

I have been partial to Newegg anyways because Amazon charges me tax where I live. I do wish Newegg had release day delivery but I can wait a couple of days for a good price. In for Uncharted 3 and Rage.

Just pre-ordered Gears 3. I would wait but I know it'll be a long arse time before the price drops to 29.99. Ugh, I'll have to renew my Xbox Live Gold soon as well... ~_~

[quote name='karyadi']I might do that then thanks. I was just wondering what charger to get though. A battery pack without a charger is kinda fail too though lol[/QUOTE]In that case, here you go. :) That may be more than you're willing to spend on a charger though (effectively about $50), though it is a nice charger (it being what I'm currently using myself), with each of the 8 cells being charged independently of one another, etc. I'm pretty sure I've seen it for less in the past though FWIW (more like $40 IIRC). :p

[quote name='ShockandAww']That's a problem for me too. Easy solution is to buy it from Newegg anyway. Then buy it from Store B on release day. Return the Newegg copy to store B when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

This may not work for some games if the games that come with retailer-dependant DLC(Gears) have different UPCs based on what retailer they were purchased from.

They did it with LA Noire and you couldn't return a copy from 1 store to another store. (Return Amazon copy to GS, I tried.)

I'm gonna try and do this with Gears but I'm worried this may be the case.

PMed to Amazon
I already paid for my pre-order of Rage from them. I don't want to back out now
That aside, Newegg sure as hell has been very aggressive with these pre-orders lately
Kudos to Newegg

bread's done
Back