Newegg Pre-Orders - Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze $44.99 - Ultra Street Fighter IV(ps3/360) $34.99 Demon Gaze Vita $34.99 w/Codes

Just FYI, I've had Newegg send me a preordered game when it comes out and charge me FULL price without including the discount twice now (once for the Mario Wiimote and once for Mario Party 3DS).  I complained both times and both times they said the discount promo code expired by the time that the order had shipped so they won't going to honor it.  Both times I managed to get the $5 credit back, but not without a lot of back and forth complaining.

Has this happened to anyone else? Frankly, it's almost not Wirth it with all the time I've spent arguing with them.

Just FYI, I've had Newegg send me a preordered game when it comes out and charge me FULL price without including the discount twice now (once for the Mario Wiimote and once for Mario Party 3DS). I complained both times and both times they said the discount promo code expired by the time that the order had shipped so they won't going to honor it. Both times I managed to get the $5 credit back, but not without a lot of back and forth complaining.

Has this happened to anyone else? Frankly, it's almost not Wirth it with all the time I've spent arguing with them.
Never. And if I ever had a problem, they fixed it without much arguing.

In for DKTF.

Just FYI, I've had Newegg send me a preordered game when it comes out and charge me FULL price without including the discount twice now (once for the Mario Wiimote and once for Mario Party 3DS). I complained both times and both times they said the discount promo code expired by the time that the order had shipped so they won't going to honor it. Both times I managed to get the $5 credit back, but not without a lot of back and forth complaining.

For real? That is crazy....I don't see how one of their operators could tell you that over the phone. Of course the code is going to expire upon the release date because it was a special early pre-order deal.

Once it's locked in on the order, they have to honor it. (Amazon would no problem).

Did you get the $5 credited back to your card? Or, was it more of a newegg store credit?

Thanks. In for DKC. That is something I know I will get within the first week or so, and I dont expect any better deals.

Oh.. well.. That took the wind out of my sails.. I assumed it was 60 like Mario 3D land. I'll have to think about it now, since newegg seems to be lousy with preorders.
How are they lousy with preorders? I've preordered around 30 games from them in the last year and a half and I always get the game 2 days after it hit stores and that's with free shipping. I've never had a single issue.

Edit: oh I see above people were having problems getting the discounts. I personally never have. They did have an issue for a short time AFAIK but I think it's been resolved now. Has anyone had issues within the last 30 days or so?

Last edited by a moderator:
How are they lousy with preorders?
They are terrible with preorders. You're probably just lucky and located close to a distribution outlet.

Chef's choice salad of the ways that Newegg can completely fuck a preorder:

• Cancel the order outright without a discernable reason (happened to me with Rayman Legends)
  • Offer to honor preorder discounts by charging you full price, then possibly refund the difference later as store credit (again, Rayman Legends)
  • Support takes weeks to get back to you, often responding well after the game is released, which makes resubmitting your preorder impossible (again, Rayman Legends)
  • Ship a week after launch with zero forewarning (Game & Wario)
  • Ship standard editions of limited edition preorders (SMTIV, etc.)
  • Put games in crushable outer boxes in bubble mailers (Wii Party U)
  • Won't update existing preorder totals to represent a lower final MSRP (DKCR was listed as $60 when they ran the first preorder discount)
For me, there's the extra issue of them switching from UPS delivering my packages to USPS (got my games three days after ordering, safe in my mailbox) to straight up UPS. My UPS guys are absolute dogfuckers...show up at whatever time of the day they want, slam my games behind my storm door, and refuse to check if anyone is home ever. It's even worse when Newegg uses DHL since that adds an extra 3-4 business days to my ship time.

TL;DR you should spend the extra $5 to pick up your game locally and save yourself a series of phone calls, emails and eventual disappointment.

I've had trouble with these Newegg deals in the past.

I placed one for Persona 4 Golden, but I changed residences as the release date was pushed back  So I called Newegg to change the address of the delivery, which their service agent was happy to do. The problem? They didn't actually change the address on the order, they cancelled the one I had and placed a new one, without the discount.

When I called to see what was up, they told me they had no record of my previous order existing, and that they never ran a preorder promotion for the game. They eventually agreed to credit me the discount, which they NEVER ENDED UP DOING. I didn't even bother calling them over it. I just decided to stop using Newegg if it was at all avoidable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if NISA is going to release an LE for Demon Gaze?  Or maybe the question should be what happens to the gift card balance of a canceled newegg pre-order that used a gift card.  I want to order this, but I think I'll loose my card value if I end up canceling because of an LE.

bread's done
Back