Newegg Preorder ESV: Skyrim, NBA 2K12 $48, Kinect Sports Season 2 $38 w/ FS

Strider2K99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Newegg continues its aggressive preorder deals, this time with Skyrim, each version at $48 w/ free 3 day shipping. This deal is good for 72 hours only.

PC: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._-EMC-081211-Index-_-PCGames-_-32136020-L022C
Promo Code: EMCKBJH96

PS3: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-EMC-081211-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79228023-L022D
Promo Code: EMCKBJH97

360: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-081211-Index-_-Xbox360Games-_-79228022-L023A
Promo Code: EMCKBJH98

Some more deals thanks to ShockandAww:

NBA 2K12 Xbox $47.99 code: EMCKBJH99

NBA 2K12 PS3 code: EMCKBJH222

Kinect Sports Season 2 Xbox $37.99 code: EMCKBJH223

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ronin187']Any idea if Amazon will price match this?[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt it. They would have to cut their profits by $12 for every single person that has already pre-ordered the game and that is a LOT of lost money. Feel free to give it a try though. I would rather order from them.

[quote name='GoreObsessed']If I decide I wanna cancel the pre order later on, How would I do that??[/QUOTE]

You'd log into your account, and then cancel the order.

Regarding Newegg release date delivery, two of my friends both ordered StarCraft II from Newegg. One got it release date, the other got it a week later. Both said they got the cheaper shipping... so I'm not sure what to make of it. Both in the same city, too.

[quote name='egonpax']I'm in the same boat as you... However the CAG in me said to go with this so that's what I did for Kinect Sports 2 and Skyrim.

Newegg is really pumping out the pre-order deals. I got in on Uncharted 3 too. They need to do one on BF3... unless I missed it[/QUOTE]

This. Does anyone know if newegg has done the $48 deal for bf3 yet?

I was able to use newcustomer10 as long as I added something else to my cart.

But $5 shipping for a 1600 microsoft points card? C'mon, Newegg!

Honestly, I think the best plan of action is this:

Pre-order Gears of War 3.
Use the free $20 towards Skyrim.
Pre-order Skyrim for $39.99.
Win.

[quote name='projectionist']I was able to use newcustomer10 as long as I added something else to my cart.

But $5 shipping for a 1600 microsoft points card? C'mon, Newegg![/QUOTE]

Yeah I've had the same problem. Their shipping really messes that coupon up.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It all depends if they have a shipping facility in the state. I don't think Amazon does in CA, but because Newegg has one, and some states require they pay tax on all internet purchases due to having a "presence" in the state.

As tempting as this sounds, I am going to wait to see if this game uses Steamworks or not on retail PC disc copies. I would rather a Steamworks version.[/QUOTE]

ahh got it, thanks! Lets hope Amazon stays away from california. :p

Just so everyone knows, Newegg seem to be having server issues atm. I was able to place my order, but it's not showing up in my order's placed history.

Nor have I received an email.

So it might not have gone through.

Hmm, now Firefox is saying that the Account page for Newegg is an untrusted source? Did someone hack Newegg?

Edit: Hmm, now that is gone, and the account page just isn't working again.

Wow, Newegg seems to be having some major issues right now. Least if my order didn't go through I should still have time to do it again in the morning, when hopefully the site will be fixed.

And now the codes for the PC version says this.

Although you've entered a valid promo code EMCKBJH96, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria.

And I know for a fact now that my original order did not go through.

So I guess I'm screwed.

Edit: Or wait, nm. I'm an idiot. Since this is the first time I've preordered from Newegg, I did not notice that it has a separate page for preorders you have placed.

As for the fact it doesn't come with the map, I think I'm OK with that. Oblivion came with a Cloth map I look at once, then never again.
I can do without it for free shipping, and saving 12 bucks.

WTF! I cant get newcustomer10 to work even though i made my first account and had my order over $50. I even tried doing just a single item and it doesnt work. Anyone having the same problem?

^newcustomer10 didnt work when i tried it on preorders, but then it worked on instock items. im actually glad it didnt work on my skyrim preorder, as the skyrim CE showed up in my amazon gold box today. yay.

So far I've pre-ordered Sykrim, Uncharted 3 and Ico Collection through NewEgg. I've saved $47 on these three games alone because newegg doesnt charge tax and these pre-order discounts are insane. :D

Pre-ordered Skyrim for the PC this morning. This goes with my pre-order of Uncharted 3 last week.

My experiences with New Egg preorders have been pretty good. I wouldn't expect the game to be at your doorstep on release date, but it has happened for me before. I usually get shipping before they promise it. They ship from California too as their main location. They may have others around the country but thats where my orders come from.

[quote name='isofan1']So far I've pre-ordered Sykrim, Uncharted 3 and Ico Collection through NewEgg. I've saved $47 on these three games alone because newegg doesnt charge tax and these pre-order discounts are insane. :D[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty happy about their discounts, too. I've got Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, Rage, Team Ico Collection, and even Kinect Sports 2 (for the gf) pre-ordered through them. The lack of tax is great, since I live in WA state and Amazon taxes me. The only reason I'm not doing Skyrim is that I'm getting it essentially for free from Amazom because of credit I have, and the free release date shipping. It's still tempting to switch and just use the credit on something else, though. For whatever reason I just like supporting newegg.

I was thinking about getting the xbox 360 with the $70 gift card bonus that they are offering right now. Does anybody know if I'll get that $70 credit immediately or in enough time to use it on these pre-orders?

[quote name='Jello1996']I was thinking about getting the xbox 360 with the $70 gift card bonus that they are offering right now. Does anybody know if I'll get that $70 credit immediately or in enough time to use it on these pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

Probably not. I bought the 4GB with the $100 credit, and it came about a week after I ordered the 360.

[quote name='snatcher33']Probably not. I bought the 4GB with the $100 credit, and it came about a week after I ordered the 360.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, but thanks for the info. I guess I'll just hold on to my imaginary money.

bread's done
Back