Newegg: PS3/360 Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition - $19.99

[quote name='lukewin']Not well. You need to hit some of the buttons on the Move during gameplay, so the Sharpshooter makes it almost impossible.[/QUOTE]

But doesn't the Sharpshooter map every single button from the Move Controller onto the Sharpshooter itself where they are all accessible?

Ugh, bit on a copy even though I
have the vanilla for PS3. Will trade into BB for a pre-order to finish of the pre-order 5 for 100 deal.

I really want to get this, but I'm afraid of the free shipping turning out to be through DHL.

Ordered something with free DHL shipping a couple of years ago and the package looked like it was dragged through the dirt, and was torn at the top like somebody looked inside. I would be afraid of the game being banged up when I finally get it.

Anybody have recent experience with their free shipping on games like this?

Thanks OP grabbed 360 version. Sucks it's DLC for extras but I beat the vanilla version at release and still have those save files for the extra stuff.

Nice it's tax free, i'd drool crazily if Amazon was like it is for most of yall.

[quote name='Hirata']I really want to get this, but I'm afraid of the free shipping turning out to be through DHL.

Ordered something with free DHL shipping a couple of years ago and the package looked like it was dragged through the dirt, and was torn at the top like somebody looked inside. I would be afraid of the game being banged up when I finally get it.

Anybody have recent experience with their free shipping on games like this?[/QUOTE]

In the past month or two, I ordered two games from Newegg with free shipping, and they came in a bubble-wrap envelope/mailer through the mail (USPS).

[quote name='bkjohns1']In the past month or two, I ordered two games from Newegg with free shipping, and they came in a bubble-wrap envelope/mailer through the mail (USPS).[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Took a chance and placed an order.

Planning to play this online with a friend while we both yell "CHRIS!" "SHEVA!" "HURRY!" at each other.

[quote name='barrit']I guess I should have clarified. There are 2 Gold versions that have different covers. One doesn't have the Move support on the cover, while the other one does.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...dition_ps3.jpg/250px-RE5_Gold_Edition_ps3.jpg

http://www.donnystore.com/images/ps3/re5-gold-move-ps3-us.jpg

I meant if you have the one without the Move on the cover, you can just download it. Probably as one of those update popups you get when you start to play a game.[/QUOTE] again, wrong. Not trying to be a dick, just want people to have the correct information.

The only difference between the two gold editions are the covers. The disc inside is the exact same. This was one of the first move games but it didn't clarify Move on the cover stop they just made a new cover when Sony came out with that blue logo part. You CANNOT download move support, period. No dlc, no patch, no update. Regardless of your cover art, if it's the gold edition, we all have the same game

[quote name='shadowkast']The only difference between the two gold editions are the covers. The disc inside is the exact same. This was one of the first move games but it didn't clarify Move on the cover stop they just made a new cover when Sony came out with that blue logo part. You CANNOT download move support, period. No dlc, no patch, no update. Regardless of your cover art, if it's the gold edition, we all have the same game[/QUOTE]

Correct. Sony started labeling Move games that weren't Move games. Heavy Rain is another example of one that they added the Move header to. With Heavy Rain, though, Move support was added to existing versions with a patch. With RE5, one of the main draws of the Gold edition was the fact that it A.) Had the DLC and B.) Had Move support bundled with it on the disc.

Wow, so not only is the DLC a lame code on the 360 but theres a CAG that says you have to be online to even use it? Is that true? Most dlc that you d.load you can use offline on the main console its been d.loaded onto. This ones even more restrictive? This really sucks. I lke the 360 visuals a lot better. Minor screen is tearing > frame drops for me too. But if i cant use the DLC on 2 different systems then it kills the point of doing system link co-op with this.

I wanted to double check something before i just said screw it and went with the ps3 version i guess:
With the 360 versions DLC, is it impossible for me to use the DLC on 2 consoles in my bedroom for system link games?
It's sounding like that wont work at all, and i'll have to get the ps3 version. Problem is i dont have 2 ps3's in my bedroom. In fact i only have 1 that donesnt read discs right now =P

everyone submit both versions to amazon for a PM!

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']Can gold and regular edition owners play together minus dlc, or are they on different servers?[/QUOTE]

They can play together.

ah forgot one thing:
i hear you have to unlock the DLC for the ps3 even though its on the disc.. i can live with that, as long as i have a physical copy and not a lame coe, but Can you use the outfits from day 1? I want that sheeva outfit!!!

[quote name='Kenshindono']ah forgot one thing:
i hear you have to unlock the DLC for the ps3 even though its on the disc.. i can live with that, as long as i have a physical copy and not a lame coe, but Can you use the outfits from day 1? I want that sheeva outfit!!![/QUOTE]

No, you have to unlock the outfits. The Tribal outfit will probably be the last one you unlock. It's the same for the 360 version. It's more of a reward for finishing the game and shooting all the BSAA emblems. I didn't unlock it until my third playthrough, I think.. but I wasn't actively looking for the BSAA emblems until that point.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Damn, I've been wanting to play a good survival horror game but can't decide if I want this one.[/QUOTE]

You'll be disappointed with this if you want a survival horror. Thats not to say its a bad game but its not survival horror. Resident Evil is more action oriented now. For this price though I would snag this.

[quote name='Chilly Chill']You'll be disappointed with this if you want a survival horror. Thats not to say its a bad game but its not survival horror. Resident Evil is more action oriented now. For this price though I would snag this.[/QUOTE]

This. RE hasn't been about survival horror since the 2nd, maybe 3rd game. It certainly hasn't been about zombies since then =P

Still its a decent action game with survival elements in it from what i played. Im definatly planning on snagging one im just still on the fence between the ps3 and 360 version, and waiting for amazon to PM. Think im gonna get the PS3 version at this point just because of the DLC not being on the disc for the 360 =(

[quote name='Chilly Chill']You'll be disappointed with this if you want a survival horror. Thats not to say its a bad game but its not survival horror. Resident Evil is more action oriented now. For this price though I would snag this.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kenshindono']This. RE hasn't been about survival horror since the 2nd, maybe 3rd game. It certainly hasn't been about zombies since then =P[/QUOTE]

What about poor old Code Veronica? :cry:

I dled the dlc on PSN when it was on sale. And honestly, the extra content wasn't worth the money the extra costumes and 2 extra missions were 'meh' at best.

I personally would recommend to just get the regular version at cheap. Because you're gonna get most of the game on just regular edition.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']I dled the dlc on PSN when it was on sale. And honestly, the extra content wasn't worth the money the extra costumes and 2 extra missions were 'meh' at best.

I personally would recommend to just get the regular version at cheap. Because you're gonna get most of the game on just regular edition.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with you for the 360 version, I think anyone that's getting it for PS3 and enjoys Move controls should buy the Gold Edition. Capcom only enabled move support for the GE.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm i'll flip through that head 2 head. lens of truth is iffy though. This works with the move? wtf? really? Didn't this come out WAY before the move?[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, lol. I remember the initial copy didn't have the Move Support Logo on it.

well alright, looks like waiting payed off. Amazon did PM it. For 20 bucks i'll get 2 copies for system link co op... before i do though, it DOES support system link co-op right? For PS3? ive never done system link with the ps3 but id assume it works like the 360

*edit* hmm finding some posts on gamefaqs and stuff that seem to indicate the ps3 version DOESN'T do system link.. well, damn. Can anyone verify that? If so then i dunno what version to get. 360 does system link but I wont have the extras for real, just DLC which is fail, and the ps3 has the DLC on the disk as it should but indications are it doesn't do system link, which is the whole thing i wanted

Already have the 360 non-gold version, debating pickup the the PS3 Gold for Move support. Thoughts? $15 was more my price point; I think Newegg had that briefly a while back, before I had the Move bits.

[quote name='gantt']Already have the 360 non-gold version, debating pickup the the PS3 Gold for Move support. Thoughts? $15 was more my price point; I think Newegg had that briefly a while back, before I had the Move bits.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen it for much cheaper than this and the Move support is great, so I'd go for it. There's always the possibility it'll be cheaper on Black Friday though.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']How boring is this to play single player and not co-op?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, co-op and the online multiplayer is where this game really shines. Singleplayer is boring but it's still fun to play through. The AI partner may piss you off though lol.

well thats really gay. I went to get the PS3 version from Amazon finally after confirming that you CANT do system link for some stupid reason, I figure I can still play online since its free, and its up to $22. That sure didn't last long. Meh guess i wont be getting the game, too bad

Did I make a mistake buying the PS3 version? :whistle2:?

I've read the game runs smoother on the 360 and the controls are more responsive.

[quote name='Rodster']Did I make a mistake buying the PS3 version? :whistle2:?

I've read the game runs smoother on the 360 and the controls are more responsive.[/QUOTE]

yes the 360 doesn't drop frames like the ps3 version, so it does 'run smoother' I guess the 360 version has an algorithm that when the action gets intense it just lowers the AA a bit to keep from dropping frames which is pretty neat. The PS3 version doesn't do that. The textures are also a bit sharper. THe PS3 version doesn't look bad though. Visually and performance wise the 360 version is better, but it has all the DLC as a lame code instead of a physical copy, which is a huge negative (for me at least.)

As mentioned the PS3 version also supports move which is nice.

quick summary

PS3
+Move support
+DLC actually on the disc
+no screen tearing
-No system link or LAN co-op! (this was a huge problem for me)
-Drops frames, making for clunkier and less precise aiming
-textures blurrier, graphics a bit weaker overall
-mandatory 5 gig install

+Better graphics
+better performance (no to very few dropped frames)
+actual system link co-op
-minor screen tearing, most noticable in cut scenes
-DLC a lame ass voucher, no physical copy

everything else is subjective. I.e. which controller you prefer, ect. I would have got the 360 version in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the fact that you dont actually get a real copy of the DLC. Thats just inexcusable in my opinion. The only reason to get the PS3 version over the 360 would be the DLC issue, or if you really want move support.

[quote name='Rodster']Did I make a mistake buying the PS3 version? :whistle2:?

I've read the game runs smoother on the 360 and the controls are more responsive.[/QUOTE]

I have beaten the game on my Ps3 (online coop story mode with a friend), and I didn´t noticed any problems with the gameplay, controls or graphics.

[quote name='Kenshindono']yes the 360 doesn't drop frames like the ps3 version, so it does 'run smoother' I guess the 360 version has an algorithm that when the action gets intense it just lowers the AA a bit to keep from dropping frames which is pretty neat. The PS3 version doesn't do that. The textures are also a bit sharper. THe PS3 version doesn't look bad though. Visually and performance wise the 360 version is better, but it has all the DLC as a lame code instead of a physical copy, which is a huge negative (for me at least.)

quick summary

PS3
+Move support
+no screen tearing
-mandatory 5 gig install

+Better graphics

everything else is subjective. I.e. which controller you prefer, ect. I would have got the 360 version in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the fact that you dont actually get a real copy of the DLC. Thats just inexcusable in my opinion. The only reason to get the PS3 version over the 360 would be the DLC issue, or if you really want move support.[/QUOTE]

wonder why 360 gets voucher....

I didn't do a person head to head, but there isn't anything wrong with the PS3 version. It's not like there is a major difference in graphics. I'd imagine most people playing either game wouldn't notice any difference between the two. There isn't anything wrong with the controls either.

The graphic whoring this generation has to be the thing I hate most about this generation. Last gen there were clear differences between Xbox and PS2 on some games. This gen there are still differences, but they're so minor for the most part. Although I will admit there are some games where they're drastically difference, but for the most part they're not.

People just need to get the game for the system they play the most on and/or gives them more options they'll use (in this case Move support, DLC, LAN/system link co-op, etc...).

Kenshindono, this isn't directed at you, just in case you take it that way.

[quote name='CaoPi']wonder why 360 gets voucher....[/QUOTE]

Disc size.

[quote name='Kenshindono']yes the 360 doesn't drop frames like the ps3 version, so it does 'run smoother' I guess the 360 version has an algorithm that when the action gets intense it just lowers the AA a bit to keep from dropping frames which is pretty neat. The PS3 version doesn't do that. The textures are also a bit sharper. THe PS3 version doesn't look bad though. Visually and performance wise the 360 version is better, but it has all the DLC as a lame code instead of a physical copy, which is a huge negative (for me at least.)

quick summary

PS3
+Move support
+no screen tearing
-mandatory 5 gig install

+Better graphics

everything else is subjective. I.e. which controller you prefer, ect. I would have got the 360 version in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the fact that you dont actually get a real copy of the DLC. Thats just inexcusable in my opinion. The only reason to get the PS3 version over the 360 would be the DLC issue, or if you really want move support.[/QUOTE]

Is the screen tearing bad? Are the 2 versions close graphics wise or is the gap HUGE?

bread's done
Back