Newegg sale till the 21st.

Battle Fantasia for 360 is actually pretty rare I think. NPD says it sold less than 5k in the US.

[quote name='NutManIV']Battle Fantasia for 360 is actually pretty rare I think. NPD says it sold less than 5k in the US.[/QUOTE]
I guess that means there's absolutely zero online play going on...

[quote name='mxpowar']I guess that means there's absolutely zero online play going on...[/QUOTE]

Actually, depends. I imagine it's not nearly as plentiful as SF4 or BlazBlue online, but there's a number of folks over on Shoryuken who still play it fairly regularly. (Going to try and get into playing it online myself)

For fans of the fighter genre, Battle Fantasia is a good deal for 10$. It's a pretty solid fighter, even if it comes across as a little out there. I also personally think GG2 is worth the 10$, but I'm a fan of the series so most of my enjoyment was plot continuation and the boss battles.

Ordered Guilty Gear 2 and Battle Fantasia. Battle Fantasia is always $50 on amazon so I'm glad to get it for $10.

I always think Fantasia is a RPG everytime I gander at it. Bah. Picked up GG 2 cause at $10 all you really need is about 5 hours of fun to make it a worthwhile purchase.

I bought GG2 from BB when it was $20, and it's still sitting in my list of back-log... sigh. Anyway, got Battle Fantasia for $10, thanks to this deal.

[quote name='poop69']How's the Guilty Gear offline co-op?[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about co-op campaign / story mode, there is none. =(
The closest you can get is 2 humans local vs CPUs. (Good ol' RTS comp stomp)

As for those wondering if GG2 is worth it, it's kind of an RTS (area controlish victory ala Dawn of War) with Dynasty/Samurai/noun warriors gameplay tacked in. You build up your army, deploy them to the map to capture points, and then you as a player run around disrupting the enemy's troops. (Hence the Noun Warriors gameplay)

Campaign mode is really short, but the game was meant to be played online most of all. (Not surprising considering ASW is all about competitive fighter types) Only downside of this is that most people who still play online are going to have learned all the intricacies, and trying it online at this point is going to be a baptism by fire.

Nevertheless though, I enjoyed it a lot myself. There was some real fun gameplay, and (in campaign mode) some real awesome / fun boss battles. For that matter, the second to last and final missions are probably 2x of my favorite boss battles in 18 or so years of gaming. (Though i am a sucker for big epic confrontations)

Overall, I'd say it's worth the $10 in my opinion. (Pay no attention to my Guilty Gear themed avatar as i say this >.> ) If you have doubts, try grabbing the GG2 demo from the Japanese LIVE marketplace. Sure you may not be able to understand it, but you can figure out the core gameplay and get at least a semblance of an idea if you'd like it or not.

[quote name='Ocajavati']Would jump right on Battle Fantasia if it's PS3 version.

Unfortunately, as always, it's not.[/QUOTE]

Well, that'd be a little hard for Newegg to do considering that Battle Fantasia (in disc form anyway) is only on PS3 in Japan at the moment. . . ;)

I remember they were talking about bringing it to stateside PSN. Has that happened yet?

Dang, I'm a GG fan so I gotta pick up GG2 for that price. Getting Battle Fantasia as well.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Well, that'd be a little hard for Newegg to do considering that Battle Fantasia (in disc form anyway) is only on PS3 in Japan at the moment. . . ;)

I remember they were talking about bringing it to stateside PSN. Has that happened yet?[/QUOTE]
With 5,000 360 copies sold, I can't imagine why they'd bother.

[quote name='mxpowar']I guess that means there's absolutely zero online play going on...[/QUOTE]

I bought Battle Fantasia last year relatively a few weeks after it was released. I got 1 online game out of it, lol.

[quote name='mxpowar']With 5,000 360 copies sold, I can't imagine why they'd bother.[/QUOTE]

In response to that, because a current release of Battle Fantasia on PS3 would be a way better scenario than the original 360 release. Back when the 360 version came out fighters weren't really very commonplace on the 360. (Add to that the closest thing 360 gamers had to a good stick was the Hori EX 2)

Now though, fighting games have had a fairly big rebirth (on modern consoles) due to SSF2THDR, SF4, BlazBlue, Tekken 6, KoF12 and the like. Not to mention that the Mad Catz Fightsticks have made arcade sticks a lot more commonplace for gamers.

I think that if nothing else, this revitalization of the genre would alone cause a release of Battle Fantasia on PS3 to blow the 360 release out of the water. It'd all be thanks to the (now) much bigger fighter fanbase (many of which new fans brought on by the above mentioned games) being willing now to give it a shot, as opposed to the fairly niche / hardcore crowd who were the only ones supporting it at its initial launch.

Ok. Now that mah explanation is over, definitely glad to be seeing so many folks eager to give Battle Fantasia and GG2 a shot. Here's to hoping I can see some of you online. :D

I cant say no to a 2D fighter, Battle Fantasia is mine......in case is not my kind of game 10 dlls worth for the collecting purpose........

In for Battle Fantasia and GG2. After I bought them I thought it was kind of weird that I didn't hesitate to pick up two mediocre/average games for $20, yet I didn't consider buying what is generally considered a very good game in Assassin's Creed 2 for $20 more from Amazon today (and I even enjoyed AC1).

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']In response to that, because a current release of Battle Fantasia on PS3 would be a way better scenario than the original 360 release. Back when the 360 version came out fighters weren't really very commonplace on the 360. (Add to that the closest thing 360 gamers had to a good stick was the Hori EX 2)

Now though, fighting games have had a fairly big rebirth (on modern consoles) due to SSF2THDR, SF4, BlazBlue, Tekken 6, KoF12 and the like. Not to mention that the Mad Catz Fightsticks have made arcade sticks a lot more commonplace for gamers.

I think that if nothing else, this revitalization of the genre would alone cause a release of Battle Fantasia on PS3 to blow the 360 release out of the water. It'd all be thanks to the (now) much bigger fighter fanbase (many of which new fans brought on by the above mentioned games) being willing now to give it a shot, as opposed to the fairly niche / hardcore crowd who were the only ones supporting it at its initial launch.

Ok. Now that mah explanation is over, definitely glad to be seeing so many folks eager to give Battle Fantasia and GG2 a shot. Here's to hoping I can see some of you online. :D[/QUOTE]

But you're also making the rather bold presumption that fighting games are all selling well. I wouldn't be at all surprised when the 2009 sales fgures come in and the only one of those that you mentioned that lived up to sales figures was SFIV. KOF12 was a bust, SC5 sold decent numbers ... in the West, and Tekken 6 -- well, that game hasn't particularly over-excited anyone, either.

PS3 might get it on PSN ... and as for GG2, I'd skip it. It's absolutely horrible. BTW, it's not really a fighting game in the sense of GG games. It's what they did with that Soul Calibur spin off on the Wii -- just bad. Save your money. I'd almost say you'd get more fun out of buying Onechanbara, but that's pushing it ;-)

Anyone worried that the cover shot NewEgg has up there for Battle Fantasia isn't the right one? Are they shipping out the NTSC-J version?

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Well, that'd be a little hard for Newegg to do considering that Battle Fantasia (in disc form anyway) is only on PS3 in Japan at the moment. . . ;)

I remember they were talking about bringing it to stateside PSN. Has that happened yet?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']In response to that, because a current release of Battle Fantasia on PS3 would be a way better scenario than the original 360 release. Back when the 360 version came out fighters weren't really very commonplace on the 360. (Add to that the closest thing 360 gamers had to a good stick was the Hori EX 2)

Ok. Now that mah explanation is over, definitely glad to be seeing so many folks eager to give Battle Fantasia and GG2 a shot. Here's to hoping I can see some of you online. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='romeogbs19']But you're also making the rather bold presumption that fighting games are all selling well. I wouldn't be at all surprised when the 2009 sales fgures come in and the only one of those that you mentioned that lived up to sales figures was SFIV. KOF12 was a bust, SC5 sold decent numbers ... in the West, and Tekken 6 -- well, that game hasn't particularly over-excited anyone, either.

PS3 might get it on PSN ... and as for GG2, I'd skip it. It's absolutely horrible. BTW, it's not really a fighting game in the sense of GG games. It's what they did with that Soul Calibur spin off on the Wii -- just bad. Save your money. I'd almost say you'd get more fun out of buying Onechanbara, but that's pushing it ;-)[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much a moot point now since Aksys announced today that Battle Fantasia is coming out on PSN next week. Here's the link from Joystiq:
http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/12/15/aksys-battle-fantasia-on-psn-next-week/

Personally, I don't think I'll ever play this game since I loathe DLC and the 360 D-Pad just about equally. I'd import the European PS3 version but it seems to be out of stock in the places I've looked. Oh well.

[quote name='mxpowar']It's pretty much a moot point now since Aksys announced today that Battle Fantasia is coming out on PSN next week. Here's the link from Joystiq:
http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/12/15/aksys-battle-fantasia-on-psn-next-week/

Personally, I don't think I'll ever play this game since I loathe DLC and the 360 D-Pad just about equally. I'd import the European PS3 version but it seems to be out of stock in the places I've looked. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah -- this is the kind of game that belongs on PSN.

The last great-great 2-D fighter I played was probably Mark of the Wolves. Last Blade II is also an amazing piece of work.

I was so disappointed by Arcana Heart so I'm reluctant to drop any more money on 2-D fighters, even if it's just $10.

Personally, I'd recommend people pick up King of Fighters 98 UM vs. this. Heck, even the Orochi Saga is better than this (and that's also $10). I played this one on my friend's 360 -- admittedly, the characters are nice to look at (if slightly odd), but the gameplay just feels incredibly dated, and fact is when it comes to 2-D fighters, since the eye-candy is fairly limited, it really comes down to a deep fighting engine, and this one unfortunately just doesn't have one. Characters move like they're from the original SF2 -- or worse, Arcana Heart. The only difference b/t Arcana Heart and this is that Arcana at least had an interesting (and arguably deeper) fighting engine. And then there's of course the fact that AH was just a bunch of manga girls -- I suppose that matters to some ;-)

See, personally I'm just a GG fanboy and Overture 2 has a fantastic soundtrack, so I can deal with a bit wonky and weird gameplay (it's an action RTS) as I can get around to it. Doesn't seem that bad as long as you know what you're getting yourself into, which most people didn't.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Anyone worried that the cover shot NewEgg has up there for Battle Fantasia isn't the right one? Are they shipping out the NTSC-J version?[/QUOTE]

i hope not, cause i already placed my order

bread's done
Back