Newegg: Seagate 320gb 7200rpm HDD $64.99 AC w/ FS

bleak

CAGiversary!
For those interested in upgrading their PS3's HDD, Newegg has a good price on the Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320gb 7200rpm HDD. It's currently discounted from $79.99 to $69.99, but with the coupon code below you can get it even cheaper for $64.99. The shipping is free and Newegg doesn't charge tax (except in CA).

Model Brand Seagate
Series Momentus 7200.4
Model ST9320423AS
Performance Interface SATA 3.0Gb/s
Capacity 320GB
Cache 16MB
Average Latency 4.17ms
RPM 7200 RPM
Physical Spec Form Factor 2.5"

Features Native Command Queuing

Green features:
- Lowest-power 7200-RPM laptop hard drive yet
- Ramp load features improve idle power consumption

State-of-the-art error correction

Fluid dynamic bearing motor

Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting

Support for Read Multiple and Write Multiple commands

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-HardDrivesNotebooksLaptops-_-LC3B-_-22148446

Coupon Code: EMCLVNW32

It only has 13 reviews on Newegg at the moment. Most of them are positive, but a few customers complained of reliability problems with the drives. Personally, I'm willing to risk the chance of a bad drive, since Newegg is very good about returns.

The PS3 can handle a 7200rpm just fine, and it's so much faster. I've noticed a dramatic difference.

$15 is $15. I've been very pleased with the Seagate drive so far. It's very quiet and noticeably faster. If the WD drive had been $65, as well, I would have purchased it, due to its reviews, but I can't justify a $15 difference when Seagate and WD are basically even competitors. Anyways, those drives are the two main options. I posted because Newegg had a coupon.

Seagate FTW!.

thats is a must buy HDD with the $10 off Newegg code and newegg service its a must buy

16MB cache buffer and 7200rpm.

This is a MUST for FALLOUT 3 Game of the Year Edition with all 5 DLC packs for $59.99

and for Final Fantasy 13

bread's done
Back