Newegg - The Last Story $39.99

reprints incoming for $30, you won't get an art book or whatever the 1st prints came with, but still cheaper

I got it from Amazon awhile back, and I must say, it's a fine game! I'm not too big on the RPG genre anymore, but this got me hooked from the beginning. Finally a something worthy of having the Wii dusted off for once.

[quote name='cheapchirp']reprints incoming for $30, you won't get an art book or whatever the 1st prints came with, but still cheaper[/QUOTE]

Holy shit I was just about to pull the trigger too. Thanks for that, it seems that Kotaku just broke that news today. So what happened to the limited edition, we're only going to make what we think we can initially sell thing? I wonder if that hype pushed sales?

http://kotaku.com/5962210/the-last-story-sold-super-well-and-now-its-only-30

Question, are the CD and art book worth $10?

This is now the regular price for the limited edition. Without artbook and CD it will be $30

Whether or not they're worth $10 is entirely up to how much you like that kind of stuff - I don't care at all so it's a no brainer for me

[quote name='r4itolol']This is now the regular price for the limited edition. Without artbook and CD it will be $30

Whether or not they're worth $10 is entirely up to how much you like that kind of stuff - I don't care at all so it's a no brainer for me[/QUOTE]

You think this is the regular price? It looks to show that on Newegg but I wonder if they'll just sell it for the same price as the reprints? Now that this has zero chance of becoming rare that extra stuff is probably worthless.

The one think I hate about newegg is how they don't list how many they have left in stock of an item. This one of the cases where that would help me decide to pull the trigger or not.

[quote name='Blaster man']You think this is the regular price? It looks to show that on Newegg but I wonder if they'll just sell it for the same price as the reprints? Now that this has zero chance of becoming rare that extra stuff is probably worthless.[/QUOTE]

The XSEED press release that came out today mentioned a price cut of $10 ($50 to $40) for the limited edition, as well as a new standalone edition for $30 without the extras

[quote name='Blaster man']Holy shit I was just about to pull the trigger too. Thanks for that, it seems that Kotaku just broke that news today. So what happened to the limited edition, we're only going to make what we think we can initially sell thing? I wonder if that hype pushed sales?

http://kotaku.com/5962210/the-last-story-sold-super-well-and-now-its-only-30

Question, are the CD and art book worth $10?[/QUOTE]

If this game sold well, I wonder why Amazon sold it for $8? It was a short while, but still... people bought tons of copies. Or maybe it sold well because it was $8.:whistle2:k

[quote name='aznxsoulrave98']This game was for $10 @ amazon last week for like 20 minutes. Can't believe I missed out on the deal.[/QUOTE]

$8 actually. Can't believe I managed to get one. :D

[quote name='WilliamG']$8 actually. Can't believe I managed to get one. :D[/QUOTE]

Same here. Game + Book + CD = Epic

[quote name='WilliamG']$8 actually. Can't believe I managed to get one. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rawer']Same here. Game + Book + CD = Epic[/QUOTE]

I got in on 3. 1 for me and my 2 brothers.

BTW, Amazon is now sold out of this.
god.jpg

dark.jpg

[quote name='Vinny']If this game sold well, I wonder why Amazon sold it for $8? It was a short while, but still... people bought tons of copies. Or maybe it sold well because it was $8.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Most likely it was a short lived misprint that they ended up honoring.

[quote name='Frahps']Most likely it was a short lived misprint that they ended up honoring.[/QUOTE]
This, some people actually got a cancellation. So this most likely ended up being a misprint like the penny games.

[quote name='Frahps']Most likely it was a short lived misprint that they ended up honoring.[/QUOTE]

I dunno... I missed it the day the post was made. I was able to snag an $8 the next day as it kept randomly coming back in stock.

Mine came with the full artbook, CD, special packaging. Don't think that would be done in a reprint.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Mine came with the full artbook, CD, special packaging. Don't think that would be done in a reprint.[/QUOTE]

Price misprint on Amazon's part, not the actual game

Wish I could get a sealed copy of Xenoblade Chronicles at a discounted price. Even the regular priced copies at Gamestop are all gutted at my local stores.

[quote name='bruceg']Wish I could get a sealed copy of Xenoblade Chronicles at a discounted price. Even the regular priced copies at Gamestop are all gutted at my local stores.[/QUOTE]

Really? Even the ones they hold in the storage drawers? That sucks. My local GS usually just gut one for display and leave the others sealed in the drawer. If I request for a sealed copy, they'd usually have one in there.

On topic, I'm quite tempted to get this for the extra goodies. But can anyone chime in whether it's worth it or just wait for the $30 game-only price point?

What do we think the floor of this will be for the cheapest of CAGs? Do we need to get in on the reprint while we can, or will this be $15.99 at newegg one day?

[quote name='immanewb']Really? Even the ones they hold in the storage drawers? That sucks. My local GS usually just gut one for display and leave the others sealed in the drawer. If I request for a sealed copy, they'd usually have one in there.
[/QUOTE]

I waited too long to see if the price would go down, and now all the local stores have only one copy left, which is the gutted display. Seems like they only have sealed copies for the newest games.

[quote name='bruceg']I waited too long to see if the price would go down, and now all the local stores have only one copy left, which is the gutted display. Seems like they only have sealed copies for the newest games.[/QUOTE]

Same here though there's 1 store 20 miles away with about 4 or 5 sealed copies. I just recently purchased a gutted copy.

[quote name='r4itolol']Price misprint on Amazon's part, not the actual game[/QUOTE]

I gotta stop surfing CAG when over-tired. My eyes cannot read, yet I don't want to miss any deals....

I didn't do it the last time it was this price on Newegg but I broke down this time. I'm a whore for collector's item stuff, what can I say. :mrgreen: Ugh, this was the last thing I needed to get with all the crap I'm planning on getting for Black Friday. Oh well, it's just money. :fridge:

[quote name='bruceg']Wish I could get a sealed copy of Xenoblade Chronicles at a discounted price. Even the regular priced copies at Gamestop are all gutted at my local stores.[/QUOTE]

While not a discount, Nintendo's online store has the game + Classic Controller Pro Bundle for $64.99 if you want to ensure you get a sealed copy of the game.

I'm torn on if I should purchase this at $40 or wait for the $30 reprint. I don't really care about the extra goodies, but they sure would sweeten the deal if I ever decide to sell the game....

[quote name='Ryukahn']While not a discount, Nintendo's online store has the game + Classic Controller Pro Bundle for $64.99 if you want to ensure you get a sealed copy of the game.

I'm torn on if I should purchase this at $40 or wait for the $30 reprint. I don't really care about the extra goodies, but they sure would sweeten the deal if I ever decide to sell the game....[/QUOTE]

The real question, how many reprints will be made? If they make too many then the game just won't be worth much even with the extras.

[quote name='Ryukahn']While not a discount, Nintendo's online store has the game + Classic Controller Pro Bundle for $64.99 if you want to ensure you get a sealed copy of the game.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was my last option or Ebay. I wish Nintendo sold the game by itself. Thanks, though.

So my wait for the $30 game starts. I don't understand why good games take so damn long to stock. 90% of Wii's collect dust but they want to sell the best games for unrealistic prices, which keeps the Wii down. NO Wii gave is worth over 30$ IMO. Not in 2012 at least.

[quote name='OregonDealz']30$ at Amazon, not sure if its the reprint copies.[/QUOTE]

$30 is the price for the reprint.

bread's done
Back