Newest Addiction - Minecraft

xNekroNx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
My friend opened my eyes to this game about a couple weeks ago and today I find myself risking my job just to play in the web browser during work hours. The game has terrible graphics but it does not in any way dampen the incredible enjoyment of this game.

In a nutshell you mine and gather materials to craft, cook, build and survive. The world is as open as you explore. Every map is randomly generated, and more land is revealed whenever you explore beyond your line of site. The maps are literally endless. The game runs on a day/night cycle with each lasting about 15 minutes. Enemies spawn at night so during the day time you focus most of your time on preparing to survive against the night terrors.

Probably the most fun about this game though is just the digging of tunnels and building of any structure you can think of. If you turn the difficulty down to Peaceful the monsters do not spawn at night so you can spend all your time exploring the environment and building houses/castles/skyscrapers/sky cities/etc.

You can try out Minecraft classic, which explores just the building aspect of the game, for free, but the new survival mode game (which is still in alpha testing) is $15. Well worth it since when it is finally a finished product they are doubling the price. Youtube it; torrent and try it; do whatever you wish but please please please check this game out. I guarantee you will be sucked in like I was. :whee:

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the classic version and enjoyed it, but never got addicted. I'll start it up once in a while when I'm bored and don't feel like playing anything else.

[quote name='xNekroNx']haha wow search bar doesn't work very well when it comes to forum threads apparently. thought I was the first :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

Search bar? As in a third party program or search as in the in-built forum search.

Forum search works fine.

I really like it. =D

When the site went down, I downloaded the client. Everyone could play for free.
I'm not sure if I will buy it...

[quote name='technom22']I really like it. =D

When the site went down, I downloaded the client. Everyone could play for free.
I'm not sure if I will buy it...[/QUOTE]

The game has a freeware version that is always available.

bread's done
Back