News: Iraqi insurgents now outnumber coalition forces...

jmcc

CAGiversary!
"IRAQ’S rapidly swelling insurgency numbers 200,000 fighters and active supporters and outnumbers the United States-led coalition forces, the head of the country’s intelligence service said yesterday.

The number is far higher than the US military has so far admitted and paints a much grimmer picture of the challenge facing the Iraqi authorities and their British and American backers as elections loom in four weeks." (more)

I think the resistance is bigger than the US military in Iraq. I think the resistance is more than 200,000 people

One must wonder what he is attempting to solicit by reveling this theory. Notice he didn't say declaratively " there ARE more than 200,000 fighters", only that he THINKS there are "200,000 fighters and active supporters", whatever that means. Since they don't wear uniforms, have a known hierarchy or organization, who can really give difinitive numbers? And since he did not specify anything, one could assume he is including iranian, syrian, turkish, and lebaneese 'supporters' in his figures. In any case, we've needed to drop the hammer for a while instead of letting these people roam freely. A little martial law would do wonders to stop some of this from occuring.

It is an estimated 200,000 fighters and supporters, but 40,000 fighters.

"The head of Iraq's intelligence service Gen Muhammad Shahwani now puts the number of insurgents at 200,000, of which 40,000 are said to be the hard core and the rest active supporters.

These figures do not represent an insurgency. They represent a war. "

link

Even at 200,000 this represents a small, very small, minority of the Iraqi population. All the more reason to drop the gloves and blow these terrorists back to god. It's there goal anyway, isn't it ? To be killed in glory to await 40 virgins ? Give them their wish so they will leave the Iraqi people who value life and freedom to live it in peace. These 'insurgents' have no desire to respect the rights of their fellow muslim, they only wish to force every muslim brother to live by their version of the koran.

This is a point Bush has never made but should: That everyone has the right to believe in god the way they choose, not the way some cleric demands at the point of a gun or sword. There are many free thinking muslims in the world. If Osamma can call on the radicals, we should call to the moderates. We need to understand that this is not a war of muslim vs. christian, it's a radical muslim takeover of an entire religion. It's like Pat robertson trying to become the head of the entire christian religion with a lot of machine guns and rockets.

[quote name='bmulligan']Even at 200,000 this represents a small, very small, minority of the Iraqi population. All the more reason to drop the gloves and blow these terrorists back to god. It's there goal anyway, isn't it ? To be killed in glory to await 40 virgins ? Give them their wish so they will leave the Iraqi people who value life and freedom to live it in peace. These 'insurgents' have no desire to respect the rights of their fellow muslim, they only wish to force every muslim brother to live by their version of the koran.

This is a point Bush has never made but should: That everyone has the right to believe in god the way they choose, not the way some cleric demands at the point of a gun or sword. There are many free thinking muslims in the world. If Osamma can call on the radicals, we should call to the moderates. We need to understand that this is not a war of muslim vs. christian, it's a radical muslim takeover of an entire religion. It's like Pat robertson trying to become the head of the entire christian religion with a lot of machine guns and rockets.[/quote]

Two problems, one is that all insurgents are motivated by religious concerns (and not nationalistic ones) and that, therefore, they all care about what the likes of osama say. Second, you seem to think that those who aren't radicals, and are instead moderate, actually would want to respond to the u.s. call. The moderates may respect the society we created for americans, but they seem to want little to do with us in terms of our foreign policy and interventions. Most would never respond to a call by the u.s., even among the moderates.

[quote name='MrBadExample']Hey, in 24 more days the Iraqis will elect their own leader. Then everything will be okay. :roll:[/quote]

Stuff will get nuts over there. I was stationed at the airport during the handover of power in July and that week was a very bad week to be in Iraq

[quote name='MrBadExample']Hey, in 24 more days the Iraqis will elect their own leader. Then everything will be okay. :roll:[/quote]

They aren't electing a leader, they are electing representatives for a congress. Leadership elections will be held in the future, AFAIK

[quote name='bmulligan'][quote name='MrBadExample']Hey, in 24 more days the Iraqis will elect their own leader. Then everything will be okay. :roll:[/quote]

They aren't electing a leader, they are electing representatives for a congress. Leadership elections will be held in the future, AFAIK[/quote]

I'm not holding my breath for much of an election in any case.

One must wonder what he is attempting to solicit by reveling this theory. Notice he didn't say declaratively " there ARE more than 200,000 fighters", only that he THINKS there are "200,000 fighters and active supporters", whatever that means.

Which means this thread more leftist spin and propaganda.

[quote name='Scrubking']
One must wonder what he is attempting to solicit by reveling this theory. Notice he didn't say declaratively " there ARE more than 200,000 fighters", only that he THINKS there are "200,000 fighters and active supporters", whatever that means.

Which means this thread more leftist spin and propaganda.[/quote]

I sure hope so. 200,000 people is easily enough to disrupt their upcoming elections. Heck, 200,000 people is enough to overthrow OUR government in the US here.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='Scrubking']

I sure hope so. 200,000 people is easily enough to disrupt their upcoming elections. Heck, 200,000 people is enough to overthrow OUR government in the US here.[/quote]

No, there are many more "red" staters with more ammo than you "blue" staters.

[quote name='bmulligan'][quote name='jmcc'][quote name='Scrubking']

I sure hope so. 200,000 people is easily enough to disrupt their upcoming elections. Heck, 200,000 people is enough to overthrow OUR government in the US here.[/quote]

No, there are many more "red" staters with more ammo than you "blue" staters.[/quote]

Well, I'm talking worst case scenario here. 200,000 people covertly arming and moving on Washington. You think the people in the "red states" would be capable of organizing and mobilizing before DC was overtaken? Pffft. It would be weeks before they could decide between Pabst and Milwaukee's Best as their official beverage.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='bmulligan'][quote name='jmcc'][quote name='Scrubking']

No, there are many more "red" staters with more ammo than you "blue" staters.[/quote]

Well, I'm talking worst case scenario here. 200,000 people covertly arming and moving on Washington. You think the people in the "red states" would be capable of organizing and mobilizing before DC was overtaken? Pffft. It would be weeks before they could decide between Pabst and Milwaukee's Best as their official beverage.[/quote]

That's if you could get them off of their sisters long enough fight. :lol:

bread's done
Back