NEXT Barcraft - Sunday June 10, 2012

vibinvo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
nbUR8.jpg

It's the announcement you have all been waiting for! We are taking StarCraft 2 back to the BIG SCREEN... The last time we did this it was amazing! This one promises to be even better, with more swag than ever (see swag spoiler below...its epic)! We will be showing the MLG Spring Championship Finals on June 10th in a movie theater.

Admission is $5.00 to help cover the cost of the theater and this event is open to all ages!

Bring your girlfriend, little brother or your friends that have never enjoyed the magic of eSports. A little popcorn and you're all set for a great time at the movies, don't miss out!

By the way, parking is free on Sundays along Gerard St.

When and Where:
On June 10th, come watch the culmination of the MLG spring season live at Projection Booth located at 1035 Gerard St from 7pm until the event is over.

Admission is $5.00. Bring your friends: the event is all ages so feel free to bring your little brother or sister! It's a great way to to get your girlfriend to come and see eSports! She may just win you you some NASL tickets (that's a hint at one way you can win two tickets).

Map of Location

About the Venue (& Pics):
The venue has a large screen and theater style seating for over 200 people. We are making this an all-ages event so ya'll need to tell your wives, tell your kids and tell your husbands cuz eSports is taking over out here!

Food & Drink:
If it's munchies you're looking for there are plenty of goodies and pop at the concession stand. The owner has given us the okay to bring in outside food and drink(excluding alcohol). There is a pub across the street that is expecting us after the show, here is their menu.

Swag:
20 NASL tickets to giveaway!

As many of your know NASL is coming to Toronto on July 14th & 15th... every eSports fan from around the country will be here for this event. If you haven't bought your tickets, you better get moving as they are selling fast! If you're feeling lucky we will be giving away 20 at this "BarCraft".

Kingston HyperX RAM!
Thanks to Vuugo we will be giving away a total of 16GB's of ram, a perfect opportunity to boost your comps multitasking.

Tt eSPORTS swag!
5 T-Shirts, 1 Theron mouse, 1 Saphira mouse, 2 White-Ra mouse pads and yes plenty of inflatable hammers!

There is plenty of swag for all! Please show your thanks to our sponsors for supporting eSports in Toronto!

After Party:
There will be a small after party where the eSports Canada volunteers will be to unwind. It will be at McGoogan's, literally across the street from Projection Booth. We will be bringing our projectors and screens out here for console and PC gaming.

THANK YOU:

Tt eSPORTS
www.ttesports.com

Tt eSPORTS is a gaming-obsessed division of Thermaltake. It's uniting gamers from all over the world in a unique and fascinating eSports culture. Thermaltake is an energetic, powerful, bold and intelligent challenger who never says “no” to the extreme competition. They not only provide gamers the ultimate gaming gear, but also fulfill the passion to achieve ultimate success.

Vuugo
www.vuugo.com
Vuugo.com has over fifteen years of Canadian PC wholesale experience and are now bringing that experience online! Based on their extensive knowledge and network, they're going to provide you with the best price, selection and service.

Major League Gaming
www.majorleaguegaming.com
Thanks to MLG for organizing quality tournaments, please visit their site and show your support.

Projection booth
www.projectionbooth.ca
Thanks to Projection Booth for working with us in organizing this event.

[April, 2012]

Hi Everyone,

I am long time user of CAG and I really enjoy the community here. This is not really a *HOT* Deal, but I thought I would like to let all of you know of an event that is happening almost nationwide for gamers. The event is called "BARCRAFT" and it is hosted by a volunteer group organization known as Esports Canada. Basically, a barcraft event is a pub event where fellow gamers gather at a local bar/pub to watch/support professional gaming tournaments, specifically Star Craft 2.

Even if you're not an SC2 fan, its a great time to meet other gamers and have a great time with fellow gamers. The next event is tomorrow which is the MLG finals.

I am a volunteer for ESC, but I cannot take any credit for the great recent success of the events over the last few months.

If you guys have a chance, please come and check out the event. Bring some friends :)

Toronto:
Victory Cafe, 581 Markham St., Toronto (behind Honest Ed's)
Seneca Pub, 3030 Don Mills Rd., North York (North end of the plaza)

Waterloo:
KW Granite Club, 99 Seagram Dr., Waterloo

Mississauga:
Mad Hatter's, 4646 Heritage Hills Blvd., Mississauga

More information regarding the events can be found at:
https://www.facebook.com/EsportsCanada
http://www.esportscanada.org/

Even though I live in Mississauga, I'll be at the Toronto Locale at Victory Cafe this event with my wife (We got a babysitter for the afternoon :)

Hope to see some of you there :)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow.. let me know if this happens again because I can't get away on Sundays but I think this would be interesting. In real life I'm the biggest SC nerd I know.. it'd be nice to meet the people who actually play the game at that upper level.

[quote name='VetraX']I'd be down if it were to ever happen in Calgary.[/QUOTE]

This has happened 3 times in Calgary, we have it at Ceili's down in Southland, I'll let you know when the next one is happening.

I'd have two things holding me back...

1) It happening in Edmonton?
2) Trying to find a cheaper copy of Starcraft 2...:(

[quote name='janlazer']I'd have two things holding me back...

1) It happening in Edmonton?
2) Trying to find a cheaper copy of Starcraft 2...:([/QUOTE]

1. I know Edmonton has done them in the past but since I don't live there I don't know if they have continued doing them. I'll see if I can find some info for you.

2. Sorry can't help you there, I would almost say that a price drop may not happen till HOTS comes out and I'm not sure when that will be either.

bread's done
Back