Next Gaming Guarantee: Halo ODST

Wow, the first time I'm gonna use the Gaming Guarantee for a game that I may or may not keep. Awesome! Goodbye Wolfenstien, hello Halo:ODST.

+1

[quote name='snuter']wow, the first time i'm gonna use the gaming guarantee for a game that i may or may not keep. Awesome! Goodbye wolfenstien, hello halo:eek:dst.[/quote]

So theoretically could we get Wolfenstein, trade it in cause it's a GG, and then get Halo 3 ODST, and then trade that in because it's a GG too? Or can you not combine offers like that? I'm just wondering because beyond the singleplayer, ODST offers me nothing and we all know how short ODST will be. At this point I'd rather use my GG on Halo 3 because I know 3 weeks after release I'll never touch it again, and I really don't care about Wolfenstein but it's a free rental so that's the only reason I'm bothering with it.

[quote name='Ulchie']So theoretically could we get Wolfenstein, trade it in cause it's a GG, and then get Halo 3 ODST, and then trade that in because it's a GG too? Or can you not combine offers like that? I'm just wondering because beyond the singleplayer, ODST offers me nothing and we all know how short ODST will be. At this point I'd rather use my GG on Halo 3 because I know 3 weeks after release I'll never touch it again, and I really don't care about Wolfenstein but it's a free rental so that's the only reason I'm bothering with it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can do that. When you return Wolfenstein you'll get $69.99 to spend on whatever you want. And that could be an ODST pre-order. And then return that for 69.99.

Oh...awesome. I'm going back to University this fall so stretching my money like this is awesome. I just want to say this site and its users do a fantastic job. If this site didn't exist, there's no way I'd get to play half the games I get to now because of my limited budget.

I mean I've seriously stretched my money on this one. It only costed me $30 for the Wolfenstein pre-order due to me taking advantage of the BBV B2G1 deal the first weekend of August, so I'll get to play 3 different games for $30 (plus keep the last one so long as it isn't another GG hehe).

[quote name='poiuiu']So does this confirm that ODST is gonna be terrible? :p[/QUOTE]

lol what's what I was thinking... although I calculated the metacritic average for all gaming guarantees is actually 72, which isn't too bad. But it's very polar.. either good (RE5, SCIV, UFC) or very bad (Haze, Alone in the Dark, LOTR Conquest, Transformers)

I'm still surprised UFC's tiv is still so high. The game is months old; it's the gg before the current one, Wolfenstein.

I guess good games actually do spur good sales. :p

I went in there and the lady didnt even know what i was talking about when i was talking about the preorder bonus for sgt johnson

[quote name='phanta']I went in there and the lady didnt even know what i was talking about when i was talking about the preorder bonus for sgt johnson[/QUOTE]

I had the same experience (only it was a teenage boy, not a lady). I find it odd that employees can get away with not knowing about things like this, and then not even knowing how to check/confirm it.

Sometimes the people that don't know shit all are the part timers that work like 12 hours a week, and don't bother checking emails or marketing tabs because well... they're part timers. If you find someone completely clueless just report their name to head office, that'll get the whip cracking and make your EB exp a lil' more pleasant.

[quote name='Ulchie']...uh what's the preorder bonus for Sgt Johnson?[/QUOTE]

I think Pre-order bonus IS Sgt. Johnson (unlockable in Firefight mode). ;)

Is this game eligible for the trade 3 get it free deal?
if you get the game through trading in 3 does it still qualify for the gaming guarantee deal?

Gaming Guarantee; if you pre-order a Gaming Guarantee title, you can return that title to any EB within one week of picking up the pre-order, and receive $69.99 on your EDGE card.

Yep. They expect you to play the title, and return it within one week. Some people don't even bother opening it since they would prefer to have $69.99 in credit back than keeping a potentially subpar game.

I have a question. Sorry if this is the wrong place and/or has already been answered.

How will disc 2 with all of the maps work? DO you install them onto the HD or play off of the disc?

bread's done
Back