Next-Gen studies the "Core-Gamer"concept.

Reality's Fringe;2207441 said:
Did you know 21% of the "heavy gamer"segment(from the group they studied anyway) is female? ZOMG, TEY GOT BOOBZ11!!

Wrong.

21% of that set have boobs.

But they are not female.

[quote name='Strell']Wrong.

21% of that set have boobs.

But they are not female.[/QUOTE]

Its true its true, I believe that 30% of men have or will have man boobs that about should cover that 21%

theres another good article on that site that shows that review scores and game sales have almost no correlation. I think Fifty Cent would agree.

the entire heavy gamer segment makes up a mere 3 percent of the overall gaming population.

Frazer said in a statement, “Heavy gamers can be critical to a title or retailer’s success since they are the market leaders, but focusing on this segment entirely is ignoring a much broader consumer base and larger revenue potential.”

there's something to be said here about the internet gamer community's condemnation of the PS3 and its actual likelihood of success in the next gen.

[quote name='Apossum']there's something to be said here about the internet gamer community's condemnation of the PS3 and its actual likelihood of success in the next gen.[/quote]
Money talks even louder than the internet gamer. ;) But it's a valid point.

I don't know... I don't think any study really accurately reflects the players in the industry. Do I own a ton of consoles? No. Do I play games all day? No. Do I purchase a lot of games? Yes. Am I more knowledgeable about video games than the average game player? Yes. I think they probably need more than those six groups to really start to pigeonhole gamers.

[quote name='botticus']Money talks even louder than the internet gamer. ;) But it's a valid point.

I don't know... I don't think any study really accurately reflects the players in the industry. Do I own a ton of consoles? No. Do I play games all day? No. Do I purchase a lot of games? Yes. Am I more knowledgeable about video games than the average game player? Yes. I think they probably need more than those six groups to really start to pigeonhole gamers.[/QUOTE]

it sure does. Money + "Sleek new product that's EVEN BETTER than the Xbox 360" (which is how BB employees will put it-- not "better graphics" just "better" in general. By which they mean it costs more.)

bread's done
Back