Next Level Videogames Store (Black Friday SALE!)

Well, I may have to hit this store up during christmas break. Your store's about 60 miles away from my place. I'll definately bring friends.

Sorry for the late update...I thought this thread died on me.

Store has been going good...still plenty of room for improvement, but a good start.

So far a good amount of hardcore gamers and collectors have shown up and I know of a few more that are interested in coming. While Im not the first stop for all the casual gamers yet, the ones who have made it in here have appreciated the store and my prices.

Ive gotten a few nice trade-ins so far...a Neo Geo AES, Nomad, and some great DC games. Also, I am moving towards stocking more imports as there seems to be a good crowd wanting that. I have a nice selection of JPN Saturn games right now.

If you have been to the store already I appreciate your support and hope to see many more of you in the future.

Thanks guys.

I just visited last week, what a great store...I think I'll be going there a lot for my gaming needs.

I was eyeing up the intellivision for sale there...but perhaps another day...

Nice! Another indie shop in a sea of Gamestops :)

I frequent DigitalPress pretty often (work only minutes from the store) but I'll have to make a field trip to come check your shop out soon.

Kudos and best of luck!

You are living the dream if I lived in the area I'd offer to do your books for you to save you some cash. Store looks really nice, I'd love to open my own game store someday. Best of luck to you :)

Store looks great..wish I lived close to NJ, but alas live on the other side of North america :(...but I'll be sure to check it out, as I have relatives and friends close to NJ.

If it's not trade secret or anything how did you raise capital for this project and how did you amass all the games?

your store kinda reminds me of those great music stores that you sift thru their used cd's and pick out all the cool fun stuff ya cant find anywhere else. I live in NJ too, around Totowa, Little Falles area, a bit far but if i am ever in the area ill have to stop by :)

good work :)

[quote name='magiic']If it's not trade secret or anything how did you raise capital for this project and how did you amass all the games?[/QUOTE]

As far as the money goes I had to take out a loan just like anyone would with any business...that and my savings. I spent a year doing prep work and amassing stock...I got most of my stock through eBay, and the rest from forums and game shows. You'd be surprised of the deals you can find on eBay if you do nothing but search all day. I really got lucky with most of my stock and I try to pass that along to my customers.

[quote name='"Gadgetron"']Who do you contact to get games and systems? Are there distro houses? Just curious[/quote]

There are distributors that I work with to get new and some old games.

Ever thinking about selling online like here on CAG? You could allow people to make requests and see if you have items in stock.

Hey guys...just wanted to let you know that I've come across a PS3 and am going to raffle it off at my store. Here are the rules:

Purchase a select item for $10 and be entered into
a drawing for a new 60 GB Sony PS3 with Resistance: Fall of Man game.

Entries will be taken from December 28th to January 28th
and a winner will be then chosen at random.

There is a cap of 100 entries and you can enter as many times as you like.

Just figured I would let the local guys here know if interested.

I went there last Saturday. Tons of fun!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

[quote name='grandamchandler']I went there last Saturday. Tons of fun!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

i remember when those tetris games were fetching a pretty penny. nice store. Years ago i was thinking about doing one but not anymore. The game demand in fort wayne has really dried up in the last 3 to 5 years.

I think the main problem is that we have

3 mcvans in town (shows how much the demand dried up they havent opened a new store since 1995 and they said they would have 5 to 6 stores by 2000 back then LOL)

2 gamecrazys

5 or 6 eb games/gamestops

5 blockbusters (no game rushes)

i think if i was able to get into the market back in 1994 like i thought i would (but my grandmother died that year and the plains just went out the window) i might been able to make it but right now i doubt i ever open up a store. Its gotten so bad this year i didnt even do a Christmas sale on ebay this year (First time in 5 years that i didnt have anything to sell before xmas)

i dont know if is lack of games or lack of interest.

Hell of the systems i own

gamecube havent played it since Aug
Playstation 2 havent playe it since dec 24
xbox havent played it since 2005
psp havent played it since dec 31

only system i play is Ds

dont know if im just getting too old to enjoythem or what

best of luck with atht store

I saw an article about your store in the winter 2007 issue of Video Game Collector. Congrats man - store looks great! If I ever make it up that way, I'll be sure to stop by.

Very nice pictures, the store looks great.

I agree, fuck Gamestop. If there was a local store by me, I'd much rather give them my money.

How do you plan on keeping up with your inventory? I mean, if you're selling a decent amount, are you still gaining games via online? I would think that maintaining a store such as that would be really hard to keep up new stock. Do you get a lot of games via trade-ins?

[quote name='rywateska']How do you plan on keeping up with your inventory? I mean, if you're selling a decent amount, are you still gaining games via online? I would think that maintaining a store such as that would be really hard to keep up new stock. Do you get a lot of games via trade-ins?[/QUOTE]

I have a distributor for new stuff...and even some older games. Trade-ins have been ok for older stuff...got a ton of NES games traded in already and PS1 is probably the next highest. I still keep checking online (ebay, forums) for games, but not as frequently. It's not as hard as it seems, but I will admit there are a few items that always seem to not be available (N64 controllers).

[quote name='Drexel923']I have a distributor for new stuff...and even some older games. Trade-ins have been ok for older stuff...got a ton of NES games traded in already and PS1 is probably the next highest. I still keep checking online (ebay, forums) for games, but not as frequently. It's not as hard as it seems, but I will admit there are a few items that always seem to not be available (N64 controllers).[/quote]

Have you tried the meadowlands flea market? I picked up two N64 controllers there not to long ago.

Anyways,your store looks great. It's a long drive up there but I'll try to check it out someday. Good luck

[quote name='motorkill']Have you tried the meadowlands flea market? I picked up two N64 controllers there not to long ago.

Anyways,your store looks great. It's a long drive up there but I'll try to check it out someday. Good luck[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the Meadowlands is about 2 hours away from me so the gas would kind of kill the deal ;)

Thanks for the info anyway :)

Personally I like the Englishtown flea market the most and Englishtown is only about an hour from Startford :) Got some nice deals there!

Darn, my winter break just ended and I'll be back at school (Rutgers in two days). If I come home some weekend and find myself with a free day I'll definitely try and make a roadtrip down to check out your store. Looks like my kinda place :)

Just wanted to bump this...

If anyone here is interested in a Wii, I have a bundle at my store.

Wii System
Zelda
Trauma Center
Marvel UA
FREE Controller Glove

all for $399.99 + tax

Yes, its retail price and a bundle, but at least I'm not overcharging and putting all crappy games in there.

Anyway, if your interested, swing by before its gone.

Wow, that's so awesome. I live right over in Magnolia, and I'm definitely stopping by within the next day or two. I've been looking for a good place to buy some old games, and freaking Gamestop of course no longer carries games that came out before the last generation. Congratulations on the store, I'm looking forward to checking it out!

Hey man! I live less than a half mile away, right down Longwood drive! I had no idea a game store even existed here!

My friend and I are going to check it out this week, if not today.

Have you considered hosting tournaments? Smash Brothers: Melee is a good tournament game that comes to mind. I would definitely help you spread the word.

Good luck! See ya soon!

Cool to hear you guys are stopping by...please make sure to introduce yourself. It's always good to put a face to a name online and plus I have to make sure to give you your discount ;)

I have thought about tournaments and hopefully I will announce one shortly.

We stopped in tonight actually. We weren't sure if it was you or an employee working, so we shied away and didn't say anything.

Shenmue II caught my eye for Xbox. You have it for $4.99, I will probably be back to pick that up. I recently purchased a 360, and never having had an Xbox, I have some catching up to do.

Store looks great, can't wait to hear announcements on tournaments!

Yeah, I stopped in last night with Pseybert, and just as he said, we didn't know if it was you or another employee working there, heh.

But anyway, the store looks great, and your prices are really unbeatable. I'm going to come back either today or tomorrow to pick up a few games (considering an NES also!). So, good job on the store, it's really awesome, and I'll see you soon. Good luck!

[quote name='Drexel923']Heh...just so you know, its me all the time every day O_O

I do have some part timers but at the moment, I'm running the show.[/quote]

Alright man, good to know. I'll be sure to introduce myself the next time I come in then.

LoL, either you dudes are super shy or the OP is a mean looking mofo. Stop scaring the natives.

Haha, nah it was just that, if he were just a part time employee or something and we came up introducing ourselves he'd probably just sit there like "wtf, who are these guys".

Wow. I drive by there twice a day and had no clue that you were there. my gf and I will definitely check it out soon. Always glad to help out local and small buisneses.

I'll come down if I'm ever in the area... I live in NYC, so it's kinda rare that I'm ever up that far, but if I am, I'll stop in

How is business doing? Hopefully someone can get some more pics up of the store since I'm never, ever, going to be around there.

[quote name='Stryfe01']Wow. I drive by there twice a day and had no clue that you were there. my gf and I will definitely check it out soon. Always glad to help out local and small buisneses.[/QUOTE]

Cool....if you haven't stopped by yet I hope you do soon.

Also, don't forget to introduce yourself.

[quote name='yukine']How is business doing? Hopefully someone can get some more pics up of the store since I'm never, ever, going to be around there.[/quote]

Business is going good...still room for improvement, but better than before. I'll try and have some new pics up soon.

Also, I figured I would post this here if anyone is interested. We have a monthly gathering the 1st Sat of every month at the store. Basically its just a bunch of people playing games, trading, and just having a good time. Here's the details:

South Jersey Classic returns and promises to be a good time for all who attend. We will have systems set up to play, our Neo Geo MVS with 4 great games, some wireless DS play, and whatever else we can think of. Oh, and don't forget to bring your trades.

Last month was a bit smaller then the previous but it was still a blast. We played some Guitar Hero 2, 4 player DC games (Giga Wing 2, Rush 2049), and a few people got overly obsessed with Magical Drop II.

Also, we haven't had a tournament really since the first one and I think we are long overdue. So expect a tournament of some sort with prizes.

Regardless of the number of people coming, its always a fun time, so if you haven't been here yet, try and make it this time!

Where:
Next Level Videogames
116 Warwick Rd
Stratford, NJ 08084
(in the Laurel Mills Shopping Center, between the Post Office and Rite Aid)
856-309-8009

When:
Saturday, March 3rd - noon to whenever.

Please post if you can attend and if your looking for anything specific for trades.

As far as the store goes I am looking for some specific items and will give a little extra credit for them:

N64 Controllers - prefer 1st party only, but if the 3rd party brand is good I'll take it.
NES AC Adaptors
Genesis 1 RFs
Popular NES Games - Contra, Tyson's Punchout, Mario 2.
Turbografx Controllers
Turbografx 16 Games - Huge Need!!!
Cheap N64 Common Games

Store looks awesome :applause: . I have great respect for you and wish you the best! If I ever end up going south I will try and find out how to get to your place. I always wanted to do what you have done. Kudos for your clean and organized store too! :bouncy:

Hey Drex.. you're off exit 4 on the Turnpike right? I'm up at exit 10 and thinking about taking the trip down this weekend. If I make it in, I'll be sure to introduce myself.

[quote name='neudog']Now all you need is a sign that says, "Must be 17 or older to enter!". :rofl: It is so damned organized, but I see kids fucking that up. Congrats and good luck. Also let me know if you're handing out schwag for the Grand Opening:)[/QUOTE]

that kinda makes it worse, they should have to deal with you through bullet proof glass, although I believe different in this messed up world, good luck (seriously), but I see people stealing stuff from you, just a premonition... if I am every in NJ, I will visit and buy something (nothing stolen!)

bread's done
Back