Nexus 4 Back In-Stock on Google Play

Link2999

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb&1=1

Only a few lucky people were able to snag it the first time when it was up for sale for an hour and again when it was on sale for another hour. After over a month of no stock, it's finally back. The phone comes unlocked and ships in 1-2 weeks. Posted in Video Game Deals since Android Devices can be used for gaming and this guy can play most, if not all of the higher-end games.

[quote name='mars009']This is very tempting, but man what I want is a Tablet :\ and I use prepaid so no data plan here. Thanks btw OP![/QUOTE]

T-Mobile has a $30/m prepaid plan with 5gb of data and 100min for $30. I'm abandoning Virgin Mobile for it.

Too bad its made by lg...

Nexus is way to go with android though. Just got a galaxy nexus to tide me over till the next nexus phone launches later this year

Just my luck... I've been waiting to buy a replacement Nexus 4 (my 2 week old Nexus 4 was stolen in Dec). Last week I decided I couldn't wait anymore and figured it'd make more sense to buy a $500 Note 2 off of eBay than a $500 Nexus 4. :wall:

Got one yesterday but thanks for the heads up OP

More people should get on this phone, smh how it's been out of stock for so long

Having seen both, if you can find a SIII for 400-450, it's a better deal if you can afford it. On a budget though, the N4 is killer.

[quote name='Link2999']T-Mobile has a $30/m prepaid plan with 5gb of data and 100min for $30. I'm abandoning Virgin Mobile for it.[/QUOTE]

T-mobile's coverage area is pure shit. My company recently turned over our help desk operations over to Tsystems and I can honestly say that they are one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with.

You will be sorry if you sign a contract with them.

[quote name='Link2999']T-Mobile has a $30/m prepaid plan with 5gb of data and 100min for $30. I'm abandoning Virgin Mobile for it.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='VA']T-mobile's coverage area is pure shit. My company recently turned over our help desk operations over to Tsystems and I can honestly say that they are one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with.

You will be sorry if you sign a contract with them.[/QUOTE]

I an atest for this.I've got the Nexus 4 and went with T-Mobile's 30$ online only plan and everywhere I go in the city the best I can get is 2G,much less 3G or 4G.When at home its hard to get a signal and rarely do but I live around a bunch of trees so its more understandable I guess.I've been trying to get the webguard thats automatically on to be turned off(Nothing bad just trying to visit some UFC wikipedia pages), their service gave me an error when I went into the instructions it gives to turn it off, talked to one of their representative's online and even he couldn't do it and said he had the same error.He told me to try in a T-Mobile store but I'm not too sure how much that will help since I bought this phone unlocked from googleplay and its an online only deal and never even visited the store.Luckily the 30$ deal is something you can cancel anytime so if it doesn't work for you,just cancel and it'll be cool.

I wish this thing would release in Japan. I had a Nexus S 4G back in the states and loved it. Plan on picking up the Nexus 7 eventually. Currently i'm using an HTC android device and I miss my Nexus. It is the best way to go when it comes to Android.

I picked up a Nexus 4 the last time it went on sale and I have been very pleased with it (head over heals better than my old Galaxy). Word of warning though, given its scarcity don't expect to find many if any cases save for online (the Google branded bumper has been sold out just as much as the phone). Also, I've read using cases that cover the back of the phone blocks you from using NFC for charging/communication.

As for coverage, where I live it is just fine and as for customer service, of 3 different cell companies I've been with T-Mobile has been the most reasonable for account changes (no charges and no contract extensions) and I have always spoken to a knowledgeable, native English speaker or they were damn convincing otherwise. I have also never had any billing issues or mysterious extra charges added to my account. As for the AT&T being the "only service that allows you to surf and talk at the same time" that's BS because I can do that on my Nexus too.

[quote name='Magiblaze']I an atest for this.I've got the Nexus 4 and went with T-Mobile's 30$ online only plan and everywhere I go in the city the best I can get is 2G,much less 3G or 4G.When at home its hard to get a signal and rarely do but I live around a bunch of trees so its more understandable I guess.I've been trying to get the webguard thats automatically on to be turned off(Nothing bad just trying to visit some UFC wikipedia pages), their service gave me an error when I went into the instructions it gives to turn it off, talked to one of their representative's online and even he couldn't do it and said he had the same error.He told me to try in a T-Mobile store but I'm not too sure how much that will help since I bought this phone unlocked from googleplay and its an online only deal and never even visited the store.Luckily the 30$ deal is something you can cancel anytime so if it doesn't work for you,just cancel and it'll be cool.[/QUOTE]

I've had this plan for awhile and I get "4G" everywhere except my house, Walmart, and elevated parks. In my experience the coverage maps are pretty accurate, except for inside homes. From what I've heard that's a common problem for some customers. I don't think it's a big deal since I use WiFi at home.

As for webguard, I had that same problem. From what they told me, it's automatic because you don't give your SS when making a prepaid account. The site wouldn't recognize my number either, so I called phone support and they said they deactivated it for me (which they didn't). I had to go to the store for them to deactivate it. Later I threw a stink with support since they lied and I said they had me paying for restricted internet. They ended up crediting my account $30 :D.

anyone know any good service plans that goes along with getting an unlocked? specifically ones that don't need data since im around wifi most of the time.

I don't get the hype. Why would you want a Nexus? Because it's cheaper than other smartphones? The camera looks pretty meh from the reviews I've read.

Just checked the coverage map and apparently I have "Very Good" Coverage with T-Mobile out of "Excellent" 6/7 on the scale of Green. My current coverage with Virgin Mobile is absolutely horrible though, so I'm expecting a bump.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I don't get the hype. Why would you want a Nexus? Because it's cheaper than other smartphones? The camera looks pretty meh from the reviews I've read.[/QUOTE]

High-end smart phone that is both cheap(er) and is sold unlocked, no plan attached.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I don't get the hype. Why would you want a Nexus? Because it's cheaper than other smartphones? The camera looks pretty meh from the reviews I've read.[/QUOTE]

Way cheaper off contract. About half the price of average cell phone retail price. Then it being a Nexus (Google) phone, means you get stock Android. You won't have to wait for carrier updates, which means you can expect support for your device for more than a year.

[quote name='Link2999']High-end smart phone that is both cheap(er) and is sold unlocked, no plan attached.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Saiyan']Way cheaper off contract. About half the price of average cell phone retail price. Then it being a Nexus (Google) phone, means you get stock Android. You won't have to wait for carrier updates, which means you can expect support for your device for more than a year. [/quote]

Gotcha, makes sense.

It matches up with other high end phones that are 600$, yet you can buy this unlocked for 300-350$ so if you're looking to go unlocked, this is the best bang for your buck.

That seems worse than what Virgin offers.

Or are you just switching so you can use this phone?

[quote name='whoknows']That seems worse than what Virgin offers.

Or are you just switching so you can use this phone?[/QUOTE]

How so? Virgin is capped at 2.5 GB for $35/month. T-Mobile only caps speed after 5 GB and it's cheaper.

200 less minutes mainly.

I've never hit the 2.5gb anyway and I browse the web all the time on my phone so it hasn't been an issue yet for me.

My plan on Virgin Mobile is $25/m with 300minutes per month and a 2.5GB cap. T-Mobile would be $30/m with 100minutes per month and a 5GB cap. Now you have to keep in mind the Virgin Mobile's service piggybacks off of Sprint and has poor coverage overall, and even in areas with better coverage, the data is prioritized to Sprint customers first when Virgin Mobile customers gets what is left over. Very very poor data. I never used the minutes really and T-Mobile is going to give me better coverage, with more data, and better data speeds for $5 more per month on a better phone. That being said, it's a shame to lose my $25 grandfathered plan, so I'll probably sell that. There seems to be a market that wants it still and the Optimus V has treated me well, especially with it's dev community and custom roms.

Edit: Holy crap!
Got my shipping info this morning and my Nexus 4 is scheduled for early delivery tomorrow! Score!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoknows']200 less minutes mainly.

I've never hit the 2.5gb anyway and I browse the web all the time on my phone so it hasn't been an issue yet for me.[/QUOTE]

You'll never even hit a 1GB cap if you only web browse. This is meant for people who stream (Pandora, YouTube, Netflix, etc.) and download files/occasional torrent. If you're not a person who talks a lot, this is a better deal since you can use Google Voice/Groove IP for normal everyday calls and your 100 Mins for emergency/important calls. I say that because VoIPs aren't 100% reliable if you don't have a good connection

[quote name='Link2999']Now you have to keep in mind the Virgin Mobile's service piggybacks off of Sprint and has poor coverage overall, and even in areas with better coverage, the data is prioritized to Sprint customers first when Virgin Mobile customers gets what is left over.[/QUOTE]
Just wanted to point out you won't be a top priority on T-Mobile either. Contract holders always get top priority. That being said, I'd assume you'd be a high priority than a Virgin customer. Especially since Virgin isn't the only prepaid service that piggybacks off of Sprint (not sure if Boost has a higher priority). T-Mobile service will be getting even better this year with their upcoming network refarm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to pick this phone up soon, maybe after I get my tax return if it's in stock. Currently using a Samsung Captivate on Straight Talk. BYOP plan at $45 a month for unlimited everything, for those wondering.

Especially considering I paid ~$200 for the Captivate unlocked

bread's done
Back