NFL Sunday Ticket Back for 2012 - Free for NFL STM Subs, $299.99 for Everybody Else

I personally believe it will be like others have discussed: you have to be in an area that cannot get DirecTV to purchase the Sunday Ticket without it. DirecTV uses the Sunday Ticket to drive new customer sign ups and to get existing customers to do a new contract. The $340 itself isn't that big of a deal in comparison to a 2 year contract.

All that being said, I did renew my contract with them and got Sunday Ticket for free, along with other discounts and new hardware. If anyone is a current member with an expired contract and don't see yourself switching services anytime soon, you can negotiate quite a bit with them.

Sunday Ticket is well worth the $340 on its own though. The service is absolutely fantastic and a must for fans of the NFL.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I personally believe it will be like others have discussed: you have to be in an area that cannot get DirecTV to purchase the Sunday Ticket without it. DirecTV uses the Sunday Ticket to drive new customer sign ups and to get existing customers to do a new contract. The $340 itself isn't that big of a deal in comparison to a 2 year contract.

All that being said, I did renew my contract with them and got Sunday Ticket for free, along with other discounts and new hardware. If anyone is a current member with an expired contract and don't see yourself switching services anytime soon, you can negotiate quite a bit with them.

Sunday Ticket is well worth the $340 on its own though. The service is absolutely fantastic and a must for fans of the NFL.[/QUOTE]

Are you a Mets or red socks fan :lol:

And are they the only one that does 3D

Found this on DirecTV's FAQs, so I guess you can bum a subscription off a friend/relative who's already paying for the NFL Ticket:

Can I access NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ on another person's PlayStation®3 system?

Yes, your NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ service for the PlayStation®3 system follows your PlayStation®Network account wherever you go. You can log in to different PlayStation®3 systems (only one at a time), but you are bound by the limit of the number of units that your PlayStation®Network Account can be authenticated with.

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3288/kw/NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go PS3/related/1

[quote name='Azazael13']My parents have DTV W/NFL Sunday Ticket. Is it possible for me to pay the $50 and link it to their DTV info?[/QUOTE]

Yes

I want to know if you can share the same account like Netflix

Edit: Sorry I missed DanD326's post but damn its sucks that you cal only use it one at a time. It would have been perfect to go halves with one of my family members

I broke down and paid for it. I hope the quality is better than the stupid ads they were playing after i subscribed. Being a 49ers fan in Florida i Dont get many Chances to watch my team not to mention i hate all the FL teams. So i will more than likely get my money out of this as Im a fan of the NFL in general especially with fantasy football dictating which games i need to watch.

I thought about this, but since the Bears are already on national TV a guaranteed 4 times this year, I'm going to pass. It's still a great deal and interesting to see how all this 'set-top' box stuff the console manufacturers talked about as far back as the 3DO (remember that?) is actually coming true this generation.

WOW I hadn't heard about this. I have a friend who may bite as a Bucs/Dolphins fan in KY. We get Bungals games every week and luckily i'm a Cowboys fan so those games are on alot. I use the internet or replays for the rest plus I literally just got off the phone from ordering NFL redzone channel which is awesome for your 2 tv NFL viewing pleasure.

If theres anyone who has directv and sunday nfl ticket and doesn't plan on paying for the PS3 app I'd gladly pay the $50 for it. I can't get directv where I live.

For what it is worth they actually changed the deal so that if you have NFL Sunday ticket already (or access to someone who does) you don't have to pay a dime on the PS3. Got my parents info and plugged it in with no issues.

[quote name='Azazael13']For what it is worth they actually changed the deal so that if you have NFL Sunday ticket already (or access to someone who does) you don't have to pay a dime on the PS3. Got my parents info and plugged it in with no issues.[/QUOTE]

Is this still working like that? If it does, I may need to find somebody that has sunday ticket and is willing to share with me (for money obv).

[quote name='Connavar']Yeah it's still free now- just pop in the directtv user/pass and you're golden![/QUOTE]

Thanks sir! Now I just need to find a forum somewhere that has a group willing to share...

Is it possible to cancel and not pay the rest of the funds? Don't have a credit card on file. I have another 85 in my wallet to cover the next payment, but I'm thinking I'll pass. Use the funds on other stuff.

the broadcast slate combined with NFL Network and NFL RedZone is good enough for me. If I really need to catch a Bronco game i'll find a sports bar

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-ticket-returns-to-ps3-launches-in-september/

NFL Sunday Ticket will be returning for this season:
Hello PlayStation Nation!

NFL SUNDAY TICKET is returning in time for the NFL‘s regular season opening weekend on September 9th.
All existing DIRECTV subscribers who have the NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX plan will be able to download the PS3 application from PlayStation Network for free, and live stream every out-of-market NFL football game every Sunday afternoon this season in full HD.

In addition, you will have access to DIRECTV’S the RED ZONE CHANNEL at no additional charge. RED ZONE delivers the final yards of every scoring drive and other exciting moments from all Sunday afternoon games as they happen, and it’s a great way to stay on top of the day’s highlights.

For all of you fantasy football aficionados, the NFL SUNDAY TICKET app also includes up-to-the-minute stats to help you keep track of every play on the field. If you play NFL.com fantasy, you can follow your fantasy team in real time while watching games Sunday afternoon.

PS3 owners without access to DIRECTV will also be able to receive NFL Sunday Ticket and live stream every out-of-market NFL football game this season for $299.95.

We’re very excited to see the return of the definitive NFL football app on PlayStation Network. Keep an eye out for the launch of NFL SUNDAY TICKET with the PlayStation Store update on September 4th.

I am glad its back.

But 299 is pretty expensive expecially since I wasn't very impressed with it streaming on the PS3 because of PSN network issues.
Anyone know if its possible to share the nfl access across multiple ps3s?
I forgot with more games on nfl network this year and brighthouse refusing to agree to carry the channel I will be more screwed then ever, making it even more apealing to buy into it for 299.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ivanhoe']I am glad its back.

But 299 is pretty expensive expecially since I wasn't very impressed with it streaming on the PS3 because of PSN network issues.
Anyone know if its possible to share the nfl access across multiple ps3s?
I forgot with more games on nfl network this year and brighthouse refusing to agree to carry the channel I will be more screwed then ever, making it even more apealing to buy into it for 299.[/QUOTE]

Same question here as well. If the price could be split between people it would make this much more affordable. Does anyone have any experience with trying this out last year. If so I'd be interested in forming a share group for this.

Time Warner bought our cable company and dumped our NFL Network and my $40 Red Zone channel i've had the last 2 years. Was my last straw and I dumped cable completely and get shows um yea I quit cable lol enough info.. I have the luxury of being a Cowboys/Bengals fan in Kentucky so most games are shown locally or the Fox game of the week in the Cowboys case but i'm a NFL junkie.

Questions:

Can you do multiple games on one screen on PS3? I don't see any real detailed info about the service options anywhere..

Besides obviously skipping the step of hooking your PC to your TV any benefits over the $250 PC counterpart? I have my 360 hardwired since that's my main online console, i'd just plug the cord into the PS3 so no wifi lag..

I'll probably just save $50 and get the PC version and connect laptop to big screen. Although my laptop is old and shitty and I wonder how multiple picture streams would display...

Also for those buying on PSN just get PSN cards at Best Buy and earn a couple free bucks in RZ coupons lol.

[quote name='$hady']Time Warner bought our cable company and dumped our NFL Network and my $40 Red Zone channel i've had the last 2 years. Was my last straw and I dumped cable completely and get shows um yea I quit cable lol enough info.. I have the luxury of being a Cowboys/Bengals fan in Kentucky so most games are shown locally or the Fox game of the week in the Cowboys case but i'm a NFL junkie.

Questions:

Can you do multiple games on one screen on PS3? I don't see any real detailed info about the service options anywhere..

Besides obviously skipping the step of hooking your PC to your TV any benefits over the $250 PC counterpart? I have my 360 hardwired since that's my main online console, i'd just plug the cord into the PS3 so no wifi lag..

I'll probably just save $50 and get the PC version and connect laptop to big screen. Although my laptop is old and shitty and I wonder how multiple picture streams would display...

Also for those buying on PSN just get PSN cards at Best Buy and earn a couple free bucks in RZ coupons lol.[/QUOTE]

250 is better then 299 . And you don't have to go through the PSN/PS3.

Laptop +hdmi port = win. Also visiting other people for a game on sunday would be easier then carrying over your PS3. vs your laptop.. or just use your friends laptop at his house etc.

Wish their was a way to test it before you fork over 250 though.

I bought this service when I lived overseas and it was great and that was a couple years back.

If anyone is still on the fence it's well worth it IMO. I caved and just bought the ps3 version for $300 to save me from dragging my ghetto laptop with broken screen in from spare bedroom each week.

My only complaint was no picture in picture. Also annoying but not there fault was the blackout games that are on local tv you can't watch on ps3. Normally no biggie but my local tv station changed it to the browns game from Saints so I missed RG3's blowup. Thankfully redzone channel saved the day when ever they got close...Changing game feeds was about 5 seconds each time. Loved all the on screen stats as well from the overlayed scoreboard. Very slick shit..

Well worth under $18 a week for a football junkie I say. Picture was nice on my hardwired 20 megabit internet connection. Just pulled my 32" HDTV from bedroom with rabbit ears to grab local games beside the 52" ps3 feed.

[quote name='$hady']If anyone is still on the fence it's well worth it IMO. I caved and just bought the ps3 version for $300 to save me from dragging my ghetto laptop with broken screen in from spare bedroom each week.

My only complaint was no picture in picture. Also annoying but not there fault was the blackout games that are on local tv you can't watch on ps3. Normally no biggie but my local tv station changed it to the browns game from Saints so I missed RG3's blowup. Thankfully redzone channel saved the day when ever they got close...Changing game feeds was about 5 seconds each time. Loved all the on screen stats as well from the overlayed scoreboard. Very slick shit..

Well worth under $18 a week for a football junkie I say. Picture was nice on my hardwired 20 megabit internet connection. Just pulled my 32" HDTV from bedroom with rabbit ears to grab local games beside the 52" ps3 feed.[/QUOTE]

I agree I caved and bought it too. Went to BB and bought 6 $50 psn cards to get the Reward Zone Points. I was going to go to a game this year and would have spent at least $200 on tickets, gas, food and other crap so I figured just spend another $100 and have all the games.

bread's done
Back