NFS: Rivals PS4 Friends List

gubmccargen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
I have a handful of friends that play NFS: Rivals on PS4 but I would like more to get to compare/play with. I'm usually on fairly late and I rarely see any friends playing at the same time. The online doesn't seem to be set up extremely well but at least we could have fun playing in each other's worlds.

Loving the game so far, although I do prefer more collectible-based open world stuff like Burnout Paradise or Most Wanted. It's still very enjoyable, though.

Anyone else try the app out yet? Gosh that thing is buggy. They promote it as a second screen yet I can never even get it to connect to my game. I'm doing the missions to see what I can unlock with the Overwatch thing anyway.

Send a friend request to stillshadow if playing this. We could also help to knock out the couple of friend trophies. If you play other racing games you'll usually find me doing the same as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may call upon you later to trophy boost if I get that far. ;)

I'm glad this game doesn't have stupid collectibles TBH.  Stuff like that just makes me burnout faster instead of having fun with the game.  You can always try to gold every event though, since that's a semi-collectible on the map.

Sure, I still need them myself anyway. I can see what you're saying so collectible probably wasn't the best way to put it. This seems to be more event-based, which is okay but I find myself getting extremely frustrated with some of them. I like the open-world racers with a bit less structure and just big crazy jumps and structures you can go into, etc. I love the cop chases but it is just too easy to lose enormous points as a racer. Lots of fun, though.

I'm doing racer first and am at level 18. I think each "story" goes to level 21. LOL, every gold event is not happening for me. I have a hard enough time with the insane AI in most races. Interceptor is the only event style I can gold consistently.

I loved those billboards and jumps in Most Wanted. There should only have been some global leaderboards I am quite sure I hold some world records for jumps. But rivals is an amazing game too its still becoming better every time I play. 

The best racers I've seen will exploit the retarded 15s repair CD by hanging out at a repair station with plenty of room to maneuver, like that one place in the desert.  This one dude I was pvping was heat 10 for probably 15 minutes as I was trying to take him down because they get shockwave on a short CD.  I finally busted him after he got me like 3 times LOL and got a huge score, but had I not even been there to mess with him I'm sure he'd have gone on forever.

Racers shouldn't even bother with events once you finish the story, because you can just use ESF and shockwave infinitely on cops at a repair station for massive points then run to your hideout.

Yeah, I do that in single player when I need speed points but I wouldn't think of it in multiplayer. People do that? How does the multiplayer even work well? Whenever I've entered a full game the map is just too expansive to do much with the other players. Are you just supposed to chase after them all over the map? Seems tough. There should be an easy way to do events together.

I'm almost finished with the racer story. What is after that? Just keep going through speed lists that you didn't complete. I will do cop after I finish the story to start.

In MP you can spawn anywhere there's an event/POI, so all you need to do is spawn near a player (racer is yellow, cop is blue) and chase them down.  I've busted tons of players, most of which probably didn't even know what was going on lol.  As a racer, the way to win is go head to head with a cop because you have a big advantage with techs.  Cops go down super easy when forced to fight instead of chase and it's pretty unbalanced (for a reason I guess).  You can always spot a noob cop if they're using spikes, helicopters/roadblocks, or emp.  Defensive tech is the way to go.

Once you beat the story, you can finish all the missions you skipped to gain ranks and new cars.  I've been going back to get all the enforcer cop cars because they're the best balanced for pvp.  Although, I don't think I'll ever give up my lambo murc.  Such a sick car.

Anyone else try the app out yet? Gosh that thing is buggy. They promote it as a second screen yet I can never even get it to connect to my game. I'm doing the missions to see what I can unlock with the Overwatch thing anyway.
Even though it may say its not connected, it still is. You can always start the game and leave the garage before connecting to the app/site. Anyway, I enjoyed it for trolling purposes with sending roadblocks and helicopters after players in an event. Or just outright damage them/take away nitro, and their ammo. Yes, they do get notified when you do this with a nice big center banner lol. If you fully upgrade those abilities, you can take away almost everything from players with one click or heal yourself fully for events or free roam. I saw it more beneficial that way than the skins or two cars you unlock iirc.

My first day with NFSR I was getting trolled a lot by overwatch haha.  They kept spamming me with nitro + and - for points I assume.  Since then I've never seen anyone again.

Good stuff, thanks for the info. Yeah, I haven't seen anyone on Overwatch while I drive but I'm having fun doing it to others. I wish I could see my car on the map and use it as a real second screen like they advertise.

Good point on the MP spawns. I will have to try chasing some people around tonight. How would you actually get an event going online with others? Does everyone have to be in the same place at once? I guess just cops chasing racers is the best thing this online is suited for.

What kind of tech do you guys find is best for different situations? For racers I use ESF and shockwave for takedowns and ESF and turbo for races. What do you think for cop? ESF and roadblock?

Yeah, just group up on an event and start it.  I did a hot pursuit with two other cops the other night and it was crazy lol.  I just use ESF and that shock ram thing.  Everything else can either screw you up too or isn't practical for bursting enemies down.  1, 2 punch can drop a racer fast.

What kind of tech do you guys find is best for different situations? For racers I use ESF and shockwave for takedowns and ESF and turbo for races. What do you think for cop? ESF and roadblock?

I stopped the overwatch thing once I had gotten the plat. As for different situations, I can only tell you what I used in SP since servers were too wonky to risk getting dropped when doing those 'earn x points in a session.'

Cops: I always used Roadblock and EMP for Interceptor and hot pursuit. Shock ram is also fine if your not comfortable with EMP. I also like spike strips to charge ahead and cover the gaps your roadblocks miss, but it relies too much on you being ahead the entire time. For racers: hot pursuits and races I used Turbo and shockwave. Interceptor, I used ESF and shockwave. Final race; turbo and stun mine.

I'll send you an invite tomorrow.  I'm a level 12 cop right now.  I tried the other side but I'm liking the cop style a lot.  Defensive tactics are the best.  I tried the helicopter, boy what a waste of money.  Road blocks never work, even on the damn AI cars.    I saw a lot of people do the glitch at the repair area in the desert.  

One thing to note is that you can definitely glitch out of the game a lot near the broken (under construction - gotta drive zig zag) bridge.  I tried to do some massive jumps and when I fell off into the river, i would respawn in the sky and keep falling over and over and over....

add me PSN - darth_soundwave

Good info, thanks everyone. Going to send friend requests to anyone who listed screen names. If not, what is yours?

I had to stop on rank 20 for racer. I just can't stand that Grand Tour 28 mile last event. Just too frustrating for me to continue so I'm on cop level 8 thus far. Cop might be less frustrating to me, which is welcome. For Grand Tour I get out ahead almost every single race but it's my health that is an issue every single time. Getting to heat 8 or 9 makes it impossible to stay alive for me and there are no repair stations in the last stretch. I've come to within 2 miles of the finish line but I can't waste time on it anymore. The only way I think I could win is someone healing me constantly from Overwatch lol.

That's kinda hilarious.  Want to know what the final cop mission is?  Bust a heat 10 racer.  I was done in literally 30s, first try.  Idiot AI crashed and I just wailed on him til he died lol.

Yeah, it's pretty tough. It's a race around the entire map with your heat level getting higher and fewer repair stations. It takes forever to try each time and I just got too frustrated with it. I switched over to cop and haven't gotten to frustrated to level 14 now.

Lyric, cool I will add you tonight.

Level 19 cop - PSN - darth_soundwave  I got pissed the migration host thing was going crazy tonight trying to gold 3 hard events...just gave up.  too tired.  I'm only a level 2 racer...love arresting players.  

Road blocks never work, even on the damn AI cars.
I can see the case for levels 1-3 road blocks. Level 4 road blocks; however, do wonders when you stack them. A lot of my hard difficulty HP races ended within 30 seconds average because of that. Sometimes you get a glitch, where stacking doesn't use up ammo. :rofl:

Got some great footage of busting players last night; wish I could edit it on my PC.  Unlike AC4, this game actually works with recording the last 15 minutes so it's really nice being able to just hit a button and review it in realtime.  PS4 is going to be incredible after a few years of updates, I'm seriously impressed.

I had to stop on rank 20 for racer. I just can't stand that Grand Tour 28 mile last event. Just too frustrating for me to continue so I'm on cop level 8 thus far. Cop might be less frustrating to me, which is welcome. For Grand Tour I get out ahead almost every single race but it's my health that is an issue every single time. Getting to heat 8 or 9 makes it impossible to stay alive for me and there are no repair stations in the last stretch. I've come to within 2 miles of the finish line but I can't waste time on it anymore. The only way I think I could win is someone healing me constantly from Overwatch lol.
So nothing against you but I just one-shot that race lol. Basically remained in first place the entire race just speeding past cop after cop. The ones that did get close got a shockwave/ESF to the face. I even started fucking up towards the end hitting a few spike strips but the other racers never even showed up to pass me. All I can recommend is having a good car fully upgraded and create a pileup at the start by shockwaving the first racer to try and pass. I have the entire race recorded but sadly there's nothing I can do to post it.

Now I just have to get racer to 60 and get the two MP trophies for plat. Racer sucks so bad though, it will be a pain doing all 40 of the other events.

Still looking for a trophy boost partner!  Don't want to just blanket invite people. ;)

This game has seriously saved the PS4 launch for me.  So much fun.  Found some other cops in my game tonight and we ran in a pack just busting other players and racers lol.  Then I switched to racer so we'd have shockwave advantage to help take them down and I bet they were so confused haha.  But yeah, if anyone needs help with any of the events just let me know.

Haha, I guess I have a lot of fun with this but am not the greatest racer if you did it in one shot. I never tried it with shockwave and blasting them right at the start so maybe that's key. The actual race is fine for me and I'm always out in front. It's the long stretch at the end with no repair stations. I always get hit by the cops or have trouble not smashing into stuff going that fast for that long.

Haha, I guess I have a lot of fun with this but am not the greatest racer if you did it in one shot. I never tried it with shockwave and blasting them right at the start so maybe that's key. The actual race is fine for me and I'm always out in front. It's the long stretch at the end with no repair stations. I always get hit by the cops or have trouble not smashing into stuff going that fast for that long.
Actually today's patch changed it, so now there are repair stations on the last event for the rival / racer side. It's very hard at the very end though, through the town they put at the last 2 miles. I can't actually get past it, the cops keep damaging our cars so much that usually by that point it's me against two AI racers, all the rest have been taken out or wrecked.

After finishing the last level I'll be looking for people to help get the trophies.

I wish the 'takeover' function was in place for PS4 so I could just do it for you guys having trouble. I've already completed that race three times on my save just to get racer to rank 61 heh. ;)

I wish the 'takeover' function was in place for PS4 so I could just do it for you guys having trouble. I've already completed that race three times on my save just to get racer to rank 61 heh. ;)
do you have to go through all the missions to get rank 60 or just the final missions of each mission tree? If that's all you need to do, I can do the race and forget all the other crazy stuff?

btw I hardly see anyone from cag playing this game...some of you I have on my friends list but never see anyone playing.

I'm rank 31 cop and racer 20. I'm kinda bored now. I have like 4 million sp on the racer side. Bought all 10 cars for one of the trophies, now I'm going to try and do all the Ford only trophies. Not even sure I could last 50 minutes driving a ford.

No, you need to do all but one event to get 60.  I just decided to do the final event again because my cop rank is 61 as well and there was nothing else left to do anyway.  Racer has some silly events anyway, like wreck a cop and gold any interceptor.  Those literally take 30s to do because you spawn on interceptor, turn around and blow the cop car up lol.  So easy compared to cop.

Let me know if you want to do the buddy bust and friendly race trophies.  I still need them for the plat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aaLwqbseLA

This bug happens more often then you think.  I've seen it multiple times and in fact sometimes the AI will TURN AROUND just to race towards this jump and get stuck.  The worst part is they never get out in time if you're doing an event to get gold, if they ever get out at all.  Hope they fix this with an update.

I'm fucking terrible at this game. How do you make the turns without hitting shit?
Drive a better car with better stats and also upgrade your car. YOu don't need to drive around in top speed either, most of the events at easy level are very easy. Also don't use offensive weapons like helicopter and road block - use defensive - get close to the other cars in events and shock them or EMP or whatever, I find those are the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aaLwqbseLA

This bug happens more often then you think. I've seen it multiple times and in fact sometimes the AI will TURN AROUND just to race towards this jump and get stuck. The worst part is they never get out in time if you're doing an event to get gold, if they ever get out at all. Hope they fix this with an update.
Well I thought they were going to fix some of the random server takes over your car and drives for you in the last patch but they didn't. I hate that I'm driving and all of a sudden I lose control of the car and it just goes whatever way the server says for it to go. That's actually my worst complaint about the game.

I hope they actually deliver updates to the game, like better jumps, jump through billboards, and other nice things that were in past NFS games that were really enjoyable.

I'm at Level 55 Cop and Only 25 racer. I did all the buddy trophies but if you need help just send me a message when u'll be around and I'll help you get the trophies.

The only thing I find enjoyable now is to bust random racers. I'll eventually get all the events done but seems soo boring if you just go thorugh the game that way.

Yeah, sound wave, sorry I haven't been on the game lately as I have it swapped out for Killzone right now. Once I hit level 21 with cop and 20 with racer it felt kind of grindy to me, too. I think I just need a bit of a break because it feels like one of those that I will crave once in a while.

Jodou, what's your screen name? Not sure I have you added yet. LOL, I wish you could play that racer event for me, too. I remember Sony making a big deal about that at the console announcement. What ever happened to that?

Sound wave, you must have beaten it if you are level 25 now? The server disconnects are crap. It happened not once but twice with one of those earn 150,000 SP ones to me and it reset. Made me start playing single player.

Man, if you need SP just go to the middle of  the map where there's a repair station and garage right next to each other.  There's an interceptor hard nearby that you can just do over and over for massive SP or just wreck cop cars if you get heat 10.  I've banked over 500k there after just a few minutes lol.

Well EA hasn't had any announcements upcoming for this game, so wondering if they will ever fix the stupid server resets and the glitches with cloud saves.  My friend was hit with the dreaded cloud save, wiped out all his saved data.  

Is there any way to disable it once you have enabled it?  I couldn't find it anywhere in the menus.

Anyway, anyone have a preferred car in cop and on racer?  I'm driving the lambo 50'th anniversary on the cop side.  The strength and durability of that car is amazing.

does anyone play this game anymore?  some of the sessions lately are empty and I've gotten quite bored of the racer side.  I love taking down level 10 racers in random sessions because they think they are just all that.  I've seen them quickly switch to cop to try and chat me up on why I did such a thing....it's soo funny.

bread's done
Back