NHL 15 - Cag League Canceled... THANKS EA!

So yeah, if anyone wants me $40 DLC, let me know. I'm mostly in this for the $25 off NHL GC Live.

0JTdQj6.jpg
If you really don't want the DLC I will gladly take it. I mostly play HUT anyway :).

Anyone here have NHL 14 and want to boost and help out with trophies? :)  please!!!  Just picked it up with the sale cause I needed a hockey fix and want to get some trophies :)

New video. New physics look good, but obviously I want to see some actual gameplay in real life, not a marketing video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIFFY-IG7RE

NHL 15 - VISION A.I.

An elevated level of player intelligence, Vision A.I. features evolved awareness with players reading and reacting to potential plays.

nhl-15-vision-ai-01.jpg

Utilizing Vision A.I., skaters respond to the puck's current and projected position as they anticipate plays before they happen. With over 2,500 points on the ice – players will always look to be in the correct position in all three zones based on their player specific roles.

nhl-15-vision-ai-2.jpg

In the offensive zone, players will react dynamically to their teammates’ position, looking to open up potential passing and shooting lanes. Goal scoring forwards will look for soft spots in the defense and get to open shooting lanes.

nhl-15-vision-ai-3.jpg

Using just the D-pad, you can change your team’s strategy on the fly. All-new strategies include Quickand Controlled Breakouts that give you dozens of options as you carry the puck up the ice resulting in more rush formations and diverse gameplay.

Been getting my hockey mojo back from NHL 14 for NHL 15.  Excited for next gen hockey, would love to be playing on my PS4

Bout a month away!  we will probably wait for the first roster update?  Yea or Nay?

Amazon.ca just canceled my pre-order, citing the following;

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're sorry to report the release of the following item has been cancelled:

"NHL 15 Ultimate Edition - PlayStation 4"

Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it won't be released after all. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we've caused you.

We've cancelled this item from your order.
Currently talking to support, trying to get them to add it back since it's clearly available on their site.

*EDIT: and everything is fixed. They had me place a new order, this time with the correct listing, and then backed out the correct %ages per the original promotion. $48.78 (CDN) for the Ultimate Edition :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,

I apologize, but i'm going to have to withdraw my name from the list. I wont be purchasing the game after all.  Thanks anyways!

I was considering getting this game and joining the CAG league if Madden isn't to my liking this year, but I've been reading some rumors that this Connected GM mode isn't even in the PS4/X1 version of NHL 15.

Well, it's official: no CAG league on PS4, unless you want to generate your own schedule outside the game and then have everyone play regular online versus games and post the results. Bullshit.

It’s official: EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, and Live the Life will not be in NHL 15.

The modes which will be in the game, will include play now, Be A Pro, Be a GM, Online Vs, Hockey Ultimate Team, and NHL Moments Live. The plan, as of right now, is to deliver Online Team Play via a patch after launch.

We sat down with Producer Sean Ramjagsingh to discuss why those modes were not included and to talk about the modes which are in the game. The discussion also turns to how to the team deals with community reactions and plans for the future of the franchise, which admittedly are quite exciting. See for yourself after the jump!

Update: After realizing we had no quotes from Sean on GM Connected we reached out to EA for a comment. Here is an official response from EA on why it was excluded: "GM Connected was one of our lowest played modes. We’ll be looking to see how we can bring a better online GM experience to the franchise in future iterations"
http://www.operationsports.com/features/1940/no-eashl-gm-connected-otp-or-live-the-life-in-nhl-15-interview/

Having not played this series (or other EA sports games) much in the past, is this mode that is absent the league mode? From the sounds of things online, this absent mode is how we were going to organize the CAG league. If that's missing, I'll be playing the demo until the game goes on sale a few times.

EDIT: Just read more about this, and yep, this is definitely the league mode. 2+ years to work on this and they strip it of features? Fail...

Canceled my pre-order, maybe next year?

Disappointed about this, however I don't play online *that* much... However if the demo doesn't impress me I will be canceling

That's really the scariest thing in all of this. They took out all of the teamplay modes...in a game that is known for having terrible AI. If they didn't drastically improve the AI, even the modes they do have are going to be HORRIBLE. They act like they got rid of the superfluous modes that were holding their game back, when in actuality, they got rid of the only things that made the game worthwhile. Seriously, I hope this game BOMBS now, and I hope these idiots pay with their jobs. They couldn't be any more clueless.

That's really the scariest thing in all of this. They took out all of the teamplay modes...in a game that is known for having terrible AI. If they didn't drastically improve the AI, even the modes they do have are going to be HORRIBLE. They act like they got rid of the superfluous modes that were holding their game back, when in actuality, they got rid of the only things that made the game worthwhile. Seriously, I hope this game BOMBS now, and I hope these idiots pay with their jobs. They couldn't be any more clueless.
First (and only...so far) NHL game on next-gen systems? It'll sell well, sadly. Here's hoping the demo can tide me over until the game drops in price a couple of times.

And then people wonder why I call out EA.... No competition, why bother! Stupid!!!! First a 6 hour trial for madden with access, now this... Thank you ea sports for sucking

It's pretty absurd but it sadly works on me. I'm still buying it because i'm a huge NHL fan and its the only way to get my fix. 

Ea did same thing with FIFA last year and nba 2k took things out. Seem like devs on first next gen games are lazy.
Notice how these are all games that have no real competitors. NBA 2k always seems to get a pass from people though just because they're not EA.

This is pretty disappointing since this mode was the main reason I was considering getting NHL 15 so I could be in a CAG league.

Is anyone still picking this up tomorrow?
I've been playing it on PS4 for the last hour and a half and I'm very disappointed. I could care less about the game modes that were removed, but even still this feels like an unfinished game.

PROS: The presentation is amazing, the graphics are really nice, and the gameplay is the best its ever been IMO.

CONS: The framerate is terrible, glitches. The framerate is so bad (w/update 1.01) that it feels like you're playing an online game with a bad connection, and this has been after playing 2 offline games against the CPU.

For those who haven't picked it up yet, I would strongly advise against it. Or maybe try to skip the v1.01 update and let me know how it plays to you. And this is coming from someone who picks up the game every year and generally looks past a majority of the issues.

P.S. On the title screen, it shows the option to watch the trailer. I found this a little odd, but I watched it anyways and even the trailer had framerate issues and sound popping in and out. It really feels like they rushed this game, but hopefully they can fix it with a patch because the gameplay is actually very good.

EDIT: after shutting down my ps4 and trying to play again, the frame rate seems to be vastly improved. I'm thinking that although the update was installed, it wasn't actually applied to the game until after the reboot. In any event, I take back all of the bad things I said about the frame rate as now it is silky smooth on the PS4. And I'm definitely recommending it if you can do without the missing game modes.

I have this coming from best buy... I'm conflicted on if I want to keep it or not, but I know they'll be patching in *some*'things

For me, they had 2 years to get this done right...will be passing until they release a complete game. Whether that is through patches or NHL 16, who knows.

bread's done
Back